We gonna be good this year?

Better than most on the forum think. I don’t blame them though. Half of them have been burnt every year for the last 10. We have top 15 talent, top 5 coaching staff with a top 5 scheme in both defense and offense. No reason to not be competitive in the east this year. We might be a little young in spots but over all I think we are 7 wins if we don’t get the breaks and if we get all the breaks we can be 10 win team. More thank likely we fall in the middle at 8 or 9 wins and become the hot team in the east. That’s my opinion and I’m sure I will have 15 reply’s on this post telling you how I’m wrong.

8-4 and we beat Wisconsin for the bowl game so 9-4 overall at seasons end and ranked 25.

Yeah. Something like this is what I'm feeling.

Our Defense will be night and day from last year. There's a lot of new but very talented guys on this defense. And they're being led by a strong group of seniors!

I think we'll be better as well. Good may be too high a bar right now. Of course, goodness is a matter of opinion.

Yes we will be good. We upset Georgia after bye week at home. 5-0 start, book it. We beat Auburn away after bye week last year.

Yeah Wylo.

I'm starting to think we finish 3rd in the East.

It's probably new season hope, but I've been saying all summer that our 2019 recruiting class was top 5 caliber class. They're showing up early!

I really like the blend of new blood and talented veterans we have this year.

Reactions: stevol and Vol Main
By Tennesse standards over last several years, we'll be better. Good by SEC standards? Not yet. Maybe 8 wins,

In a very round about way we will go as far as JG can take us. If he goes down, all bets are off. We are one key injury away from the great unknown.

No. I said I think we can surprise them. Geez.

This is what I was quoting. You brought up scared. I'm confused but it really doesn't matter.

I dont think anyone on either side is skeert. I don't know if we will, but I definitely think we can surprise them. Obviously hoping we surprise the chit out of them, us and errybody!!

They beat us by 26 in Neyland last year. I doubt they are scared of us

Good? I'd say surprising. It's going to be a season that startles, maddens, and shocks. A season of strange sights and implausible wonders.

This time of year I always get a little squirrelly. I have previously said I think 7-5 is probably the most likely outcome but there are 6 games (USCe, MIZZ, Vandy, BYU, UK & MSU) that I'm really not prepared to pencil in as a win or a loss, just too many unknown's with our performance the last two years. Right this minute with the anticipation of the season coming up I'm feeling better about the 7, maybe even 8, and I'm also trying to talk myself into UF being thin and us having more than a puncher's chance down in Gainesville.

Better than most on the forum think. I don’t blame them though. Half of them have been burnt every year for the last 10. We have top 15 talent, top 5 coaching staff with a top 5 scheme in both defense and offense. No reason to not be competitive in the east this year. We might be a little young in spots but over all I think we are 7 wins if we don’t get the breaks and if we get all the breaks we can be 10 win team. More thank likely we fall in the middle at 8 or 9 wins and become the hot team in the east. That’s my opinion and I’m sure I will have 15 reply’s on this post telling you how I’m wrong.
It’s absolutely possible and not many will deny that. The only difference in being a 7 win team and a 10 win team is wining the games we’re supposed to win, beating a vulnerable and out of control program in UF, beat 1 team we shouldn’t like UGA and stop overreacting to Kelly Bryant. He can run but the boy can’t seem to hit the broad side of a barn with a football.

Been a UT fan since the late 60’s but...

These last 10 years have worn me out as a Vols fan.

I’m tired, given up all expectations.

The Texas A&M overtime game in 2016 broke my spirit and I have felt numb ever since.

So when you say...
”Are we gonna be good this year?”

I say....
“I have to see it to believe it.”

I do sort of feel like FL, GA and Bama have had some relatively disruptive offseasons compared to us.

UGA with a lot of staff turn over. Promoted guys from within, always a risk. Guys getting arrested in the spring Etc.

FL with the domestic violence incidents, players leaving, not getting in, Mullen shutting down media access due to domestic violence questions, etc.

Bama with a lot of staff turnover. Losing Jalen Hurts. Etc.

Meanwhile, we added some good, experienced coaches at positions we needed, had a pretty good recruiting cycle, no major player discipline issues. We had a few guys leave or retire. But none of it seemed like scandal was behind it.

If I were putting money down, I’d say 7 wins. But just sitting around bullchittin, I could talk my way up to 8-9 wins with the right breaks and a little luck. 😅

Like what you are saying. However I can't talk myself into 9 wins. Just maybe 8 if we stay healthy. Big thing, staying healthy, need time to build depth with inexperienced guys getting on the field when situations allow. Not under "got to" pressure.

Been a UT fan since the late 60’s but...

These last 10 years have worn me out as a Vols fan.

I’m tired, given up all expectations.

The Texas A&M overtime game in 2016 broke my spirit and I have felt numb ever since.

So when you say...
”Are we gonna be good this year?”

I say....
“I have to see it to believe it.”
Lot of us in this boat with you.

VN Store

Back