We are truly going to see how good Barnes is

Don't you think we've already seen how well Barnes develops players? We had a team of three stars (who were ranked second to last) go on to tournament and all- American success.

And now to replace the departures, we are replacing them with upper talent recruits unlike the guys he recruited when he took the job.

I enjoyed watching the teams Barnes fielded before these last 2 NCAA seasons. Teams played hard and were tough to beat. He has already proven what he is capable of doing. As far as Bone/Williams, of course they will dip their toe in the water. I think Schofield has shown both of them the merits of playing your senior year, as his stock is much higher after this season. Fact remains if they are first round picks they are gone, too much money on the table. I don't think either of them is a first rounder so they will end up playing overseas, what's the rush in that case.

If they are really saying that, they should take solace in the great tournament run they're having right now under Shaka Smart. All the way to the Championship Game! ... of course, that's the NIT.
Yeah... the Not In Tournament tournament.:D

Doudt he does that. He has character

Scholarships are year to year. Sometimes players don't develop as expected and it becomes clear that they aren't capable of competing at this level. I don't see it as a lack of character to part ways. Kid would have a chance to play elsewhere and it's clear he's not going to get into the rotation here in any meaningful way. Kid moves on to a place he can play. We free up a scholarship on someone who can contribute to the team. Not seeing a problem.

Reactions: Big time vol
Maybe from a scoring perspective but he has the tools to rebound just as well as Kyle along with the fact he's a better shot blocker.

He won't do it all, but I am excited about Fulky/Walker committee next year at Center.

I just don't understand all the doom and gloom here.....
I’m generally a very positive poster on here, I just think there’s no way Fulky is an upgrade from Kyle. Kyle is second all time at the school for blocks, so I doubt John is an upgrade on defense. And John can hardly catch a pass on offense, and has next to no jump shot. This board, which is miserable about many things, is oddly very optimistic over John Fulkerson for some reason, which I guess is nice😂

I’m generally a very positive poster on here, I just think there’s no way Fulky is an upgrade from Kyle. Kyle is second all time at the school for blocks, so I doubt John is an upgrade on defense. And John can hardly catch a pass on offense, and has next to no jump shot. This board, which is miserable about many things, is oddly very optimistic over John Fulkerson for some reason, which I guess is nice😂

Kyle had next to no jumpshot that was consistent. Fulkerson has better "hops" than Kyle and that was evident. Here comes a shocker, but at times Fulkerson looked faster than Kyle in the fast break. He has all the tools to take a big leap next year after another offseason in the program.

The only thing that he doesn't offer that Kyle did was offense. There is no major gap between him and Kyle in blocking, rebounding, and post defense.

Not a knock on Kyle, but the drop off isn't doomsday like going from Shaq to Shawn Bradley. We will be fine.

The sky is falling tone here is absurd.

But he's twice as aggressive on the boards, and that goes a long way.

There are a lot of people in here that are Sunshine Pumpers. I've said for a long time making excuses guess what is holding this program back. Schools like North Carolina and Duke demand more. They aren't satisfied with coming home underachieving. We throw a parade.

Year 5. I'm tired of excuses at Tennessee. Every sport has excuses these days.

DAFAQ you two talking about? Who says anyone is satisfied?

Where were you two when this program was having the best season in a decade this year?

Kyle had next to no jumpshot that was consistent. Fulkerson has better "hops" than Kyle and that was evident. Here comes a shocker, but at times Fulkerson looked faster than Kyle in the fast break. He has all the tools to take a big leap next year after another offseason in the program.

The only thing that he doesn't offer that Kyle did was offense. There is no major gap between him and Kyle in blocking, rebounding, and post defense.

Not a knock on Kyle, but the drop off isn't doomsday like going from Shaq to Shawn Bradley. We will be fine.

I hope you’re right, I just don’t see it.

All I know is we crapped all over Rick Barnes recruiting and development of players when he signed Williams, Bone, Turner, Fulkerson, Alexander. I'm not going to make that mistake again, as he has proven what he can do. Next year could be a lot better than most think, even without Bone. Don't count out a grad transfer either. Currently recruiting Kira Lewis as PG transfer from Bama too.

Barnes has never been a coach who gets his team deep into the tournament. If you are ok with the occasional getting bounced from the sweet 16 then he’s your guy. Make it to the final four and win a NC once a decade? No, not him.

Dude, get a grip. Name one decade where Tenn has made the Final Four. Just one.

I got news for you. Tenn hasn’t even averaged one Sweet 16 per decade.

So, how about we achieve some consistency with that before you start demanding more.

It is like Kansas fans complaining because the new FOOTBALL coach didn’t make the playoff by year four.

Reactions: Shaun1985

KA was prone to picking up quick / silly fouls...JF is the same x 2? He’s got to figure out how to play without fouling or he’ll struggle to get a regular 20 minutes a game

Dude, get a grip. Name one decade where Tenn has made the Final Four. Just one.

I got news for you. Tenn hasn’t even averaged one Sweet 16 per decade.

So, how about we achieve some consistency with that before you start demanding more.

It is like Kansas fans complaining because the new FOOTBALL coach didn’t make the playoff by year four.
Eight Sweet 16 appearances with only 1 win. I think that would average to more than 1 appearance per decade.

Maybe from a scoring perspective but he has the tools to rebound just as well as Kyle along with the fact he's a better shot blocker.

He won't do it all, but I am excited about Fulky/Walker committee next year at Center.

I just don't understand all the doom and gloom here.....
Fulky and Walker?? I believe Burns will be starting at the 4 or 5 spot by January.

KA was prone to picking up quick / silly fouls...JF is the same x 2? He’s got to figure out how to play without fouling or he’ll struggle to get a regular 20 minutes a game

That's not entirely accurate. Fulkerson would have some stretches of silly fouls and then some of none. Kyle was consistently in foul trouble more times than not.

Fulky and Walker?? I believe Burns will be starting at the 4 or 5 spot by January.

That means Fulkerson or Walker are having issues at the starting 5 spot. There is reason or way to expect that.

Josiah James coming in next season and Corey Walker on the way in 2020-21? And just judging from the visits we have had lately and the interest level from more highly touted prospects? The best is yet to come for Tennessee under Rick Barnes... and as for the lack of success in tournaments? That is two SEC Tournament Championship Games and a Sweet 16.
You sir ....... Get a like !!!

I'm probably in the minority that thinks Fulky getting more minutes will not be a downgrade from Kyle.
1554399808103.png1554400041447.png

Fulk played 12.1 & Kyle 12.2 minutes as sophomores. Fulk 58% FG ,Kyle 43%, 64 & 65 % on FT. Fulk averaged 3.1 & Kyle average 1.7 points a game. Fulk averaged 2.6 rebounds to Kyles 3.1 per game. These guys sophomore years are very similar/

Reactions: OrangenSC

VN Store

Back