We’re losing S&C Coach Fitz after all

Yet another setback for our team. I honestly thought 2021 would be a year we could possibly contend for the East. That hope just got blasted. Fitz was one of the best and really turned our team around.

This is a huge loss that will be hard to come back from. Constant disappointments is the life of a Vols fan it seems.
Didn’t you whine about Rock being let go?

Reactions: SugarCC and Behr
Didn’t you whine about Rock being let go?

I said Rock never got enough time to implement his system. You can rip on him all you want but you don't get to spend 17 years in the NFL as a S&C coach without knowing your stuff.

How many S&C coaches has Saban and Dabo lost? How many has LSU lost? S&C is one position is which stability is key.

Reactions: VolSummitt44
Is there not, let's say, an assistant strength coach that, oh, I don't know, could have been learning from Coach Fitzgerald over the past few years and now be perfectly capable of stepping up to take his place? Are football programs totally void of contingency planning? And if there is an eager, driven and competent assistant strength coach that has been waiting for his chance to lead the program, wouldn't this be a good time to give him that chance? Turnover is going to happen - next man up may be even better. C'mon Rocky Top!

Is there not, let's say, an assistant strength coach that, oh, I don't know, could have been learning from Coach Fitzgerald over the past few years and now be perfectly capable of stepping up to take his place? Are football programs totally void of contingency planning? And if there is an eager, driven and competent assistant strength coach that has been waiting for his chance to lead the program, wouldn't this be a good time to give him that chance? Turnover is going to happen - next man up may be even better. C'mon Rocky Top!
Exactly. Seems like this is something that you just continue what was already going, especially if Fitz was worth what TN was paying. His whole conditioning program should have been documented and be the property of TN athletics.

I said Rock never got enough time to implement his system. You can rip on him all you want but you don't get to spend 17 years in the NFL as a S&C coach without knowing your stuff.

How many S&C coaches has Saban and Dabo lost? How many has LSU lost? S&C is one position is which stability is key.
Well his chubbies had D-cups and didn’t have time to get up to F. I never really ripped on him, just pointed out new hires generally hire their own S&C guy unless he’s an established icon like Iowa’s, LSU’s or Ohio State’s. As you pointed out, he had been here ONE YEAR. In any case, Fitz went from being unnecessary to irreplaceable in your eyes...boon to him. I guess we’re down to just giving up on the program OR hiring someone who can get the job done whilst not being the FIRST choice for every opening every offseason...then we can try that stability thing you’re hawking.

Reactions: bullet20
Supposedly four...one of whom I had no awareness.

VN Store

Back