WASH OG Nate Kalepo

Unfortunately almost every quality player that enters the portal is doing it for money, at least in my opinion.

True but some might not be asking well above what Vols and most teams have them valued. Usually the ones tied to Ole Miss this cycle + Miami anytime are looking for a number others aren’t willing to match.

I hate to say it, but if we NEED the portal to fill holes on the OL in year 5, Elarbee hasn’t done a good job. Especially considering that the hole being discussed is not the result of injuries or portal entries. Right now, to me, it looks like we’d be pretty screwed without the portal. Who would be our projected starters for 2024 if it weren’t for getting Campbell, Karic, and Heard from the portal? It’s be Umarov, Lampley, and Davis and Elarbee would be getting roasted by Vol fans and local media.
Elarbee has been here 3 yrs. Same as Heupel and the rest of the staff except Pope, who's been here 2 yrs.

They must really go out of their way to make their normal lives as pessimistic as possible.

Like if someone gifted them with some free milk for some cereal, then after they eat the cereal

" ah well, now I've just wasted all this leftover milk. Just unacceptable."
I have always said you could give some people the world wrapped with a green bow and they would gripe why it was not blue.

Unfortunately almost every quality player that enters the portal is doing it for money, at least in my opinion.
Can't argue that's not on the table. But considering how many enter the portal, it's hard to say 'every' in any context. Some follow coaches to new schools. Some starred at lower tier prisms and want to have better chance of getting to the NFL. Some just need to be closer to home. Some leave big programs just so they can go play at smaller ones.

Anyway

The ones that get the most attention nationally probably fit your description.

I agree with that, but I still think that if Elarbee is a good OL coach we should not NEED the portal to fill 2-3 holes on the OL in year 5. Will we use the portal? It’d be stupid to rule it out. Just saying by year 5 we should have more than a couple good OL on our roster.
It’s not year 5. And as has already been pointed out we had possible sanctions hanging over our head the first 2 years. That doesn’t make recruiting easier. Now that the possibility of sanctions are gone boom we magically have an excellent class. Does this years class not make you feel better about our ability to recruit olinemen?

It’s not year 5. And as has already been pointed out we had possible sanctions hanging over our head the first 2 years. That doesn’t make recruiting easier. Now that the possibility of sanctions are gone boom we magically have an excellent class. Does this years class not make you feel better about our ability to recruit olinemen?
Go back and read the whole conversation. I was referring to 2025 because another poster suggested we needed another portal OL because of how thin our OL is projected to be in 2025 (year 5)

By year 5, I think we will.

LT: Heard
LG: Sham/Warren
C: Lang
RG: TBD
RT: Sham/Warren
That’s what I’m thinking as well. Should be solid. That RG could be any number of guys already on the roster and if Elarbee has done a good job, he’ll be ready to play. If we have to have a portal guy, that’s ok.

Go back and read the whole conversation. I was referring to 2025 because another poster suggested we needed another portal OL because of how thin our OL is projected to be in 2025 (year 5)
Oh I see. I had seen where you said year 5 a few times and I was like what is this guy talking about. My bad on that point.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Can't argue that's not on the table. But considering how many enter the portal, it's hard to say 'every' in any context. Some follow coaches to new schools. Some starred at lower tier prisms and want to have better chance of getting to the NFL. Some just need to be closer to home. Some leave big programs just so they can go play at smaller ones.

Anyway

The ones that get the most attention nationally probably fit your description.
Wasn't implying every player , I meant ALMOST every QUALITY player.

VN Store

Back