Vols will run the table and win the next 5 games !

The ceiling was .500 this year with JG as our QB. If your expectations were more than that, then you set yourself up for disappointment.

Reactions: volKano
It's almost like people don't even see how bad of a football team we are.. No qb, no player development, and some of the worst tackling I have seen in years. I will be happy if Arkansas don't hang 50 on us

One of the problems on here is our wildly unrealistic expectations, going in both directions. We aren’t going 5-0 and 4-1 is unlikely. The next game we lose doesn’t need to lead to a total meltdown bc we can’t go 5-0 over our next 5. Likewise, it’s unrealistic to think this team is going 0-5 or even 1-4. When we beat Arkansas we don’t need to then act like this is the greatest team ever and all our players are all-SEC. That only leads to expectations swinging wildly in the other direction and future disappointment. Reality is we’re going 3-2 or 2-3. Reality is we have some above average talent at some positions that is rarely developed by this coaching staff and rarely put in the best position to do their best. Our team so far has lacked discipline and a ‘team’ mentality. These are things our coaching staff should have been focusing on. I’m hoping we win all of them, and this coaching staff does something more than call mediocre plays, but The first 5 games probably indicates what the last 5 will be with the coaching staff that we currently have.
Most bipolar fanbase in college football.

Let's just try and go 3-2. 5-5 ain't pretty but it's also not too horrendous given the weird year. At least shows you havent regressed.

Agreed Chaney's play calling has me scratching my head every week.
His playcalling is a reflection of what JG cannot do. If your QB cannot process information fast enough to burn opponent blitzes then you have to design gameplans that mitigate blitzes some other way. You have to run on passing downs hoping to catch a seam. UT did that a few times vs Bama.

If your QB cannot anticipate throws and has spotty accuracy, you cannot throw to the deep middle against good secondaries. That further limits what you can do in the run game AND puts more pressure on your OL in protection.

There's a ton more... but he cannot call plays that his team and particularly his QB cannot execute... and he cannot call plays that run off those plays either.

A LOT of people here underestimate how much JG's limitations directly and indirectly limit the O. Don't get me wrong. Almost all QB's have some limitation that the OC has to gameplan around. JG just has too many and especially for a RS Sr.

I see. Well before I knew better, I thought UT would win every week. 40 years of disappointments will make you face reality. The last 5 aren't the same teams UT swept in that famous 8 game win streak. Posting a "Win Out" scenario at this point is just Silly. Probably 18 year olds. A&M will clock Tenn as will UF. Ark has momentum, and Auburn too. That leaves Vandy------------ Like I said, it is Preposterous to predict a sweep. Ut is no better than last year; and has a much tougher schedule.

No offense, but I'd say you're 1-4 prediction for the rest of the season is no more credible than the OP's 5-0.
It's all speculation based upon what one sees and the opinion he/she forms.

Personally, after seeing what JG did against UK, and the fact that CJP played him pretty much the entire game against Bama, that if he actually rolls with JG (aka Jekyll/Hyde cause you just never know which one shows up to a game) , we could actually finish anywhere from 0-5 to 5-0 in these last 5 games. I know that sounds silly, but I'm serous when I say that. We could just as easily lose to Vandy or beat UF, and anything in between.

Not saying QB is the only problem on the team, but it's where things need to start being fixed, IMHO.

The most Tennessee thing ever will be watching Pruitt start another "streak" by the skin of his teeth, culminating next year in another beat down in the first meaningful game we play, but only after securing Pruitt yet another contract extension.

I believe they will.....sit back and enjoy folks !

I like the optimism but why you feel this way OP? What have you seen from the last three games to make you feel this confident? Arkansas and Vandy are the best shots for wins with the remaining schedule IMO. We will most likely be the underdog in all the games minus Vandy.

No. The only sure bet on this Pruitt led team is that TN football will not lose this coming weekend. After this weekend, flip a coin to include Vandy. I have nearly zero faith in Pruitt and a JG led offense.

4-6....not sure how it rolls out but that is likely the final record, regardless of the QB.

I see. Well before I knew better, I thought UT would win every week. 40 years of disappointments will make you face reality. The last 5 aren't the same teams UT swept in that famous 8 game win streak. Posting a "Win Out" scenario at this point is just Silly. Probably 18 year olds. A&M will clock Tenn as will UF. Ark has momentum, and Auburn too. That leaves Vandy------------ Like I said, it is Preposterous to predict a sweep. Ut is no better than last year; and has a much tougher schedule.
I’d say going 1-4 is highly more likely than going 5-0. I hope it’s somewhere in the middle, realistically.

I’d say going 1-4 is highly more likely than going 5-0. I hope it’s somewhere in the middle, realistically.

I could see use losing in moronic fashion to Arkansas, getting throttled by TAM and make Mond look like Joe Burrow 2.0 in the process, managing to beat Auburn cause they are bipolar, and squeaking by Vandy in another "wtf are we doing" game, and then getting demolished by Florida since the team will be completely demoralized by that point.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
His playcalling is a reflection of what JG cannot do. If your QB cannot process information fast enough to burn opponent blitzes then you have to design gameplans that mitigate blitzes some other way. You have to run on passing downs hoping to catch a seam. UT did that a few times vs Bama.

If your QB cannot anticipate throws and has spotty accuracy, you cannot throw to the deep middle against good secondaries. That further limits what you can do in the run game AND puts more pressure on your OL in protection.

There's a ton more... but he cannot call plays that his team and particularly his QB cannot execute... and he cannot call plays that run off those plays either.

A LOT of people here underestimate how much JG's limitations directly and indirectly limit the O. Don't get me wrong. Almost all QB's have some limitation that the OC has to gameplan around. JG just has too many and especially for a RS Sr.
I'm agreeing with you as usual man!

He also indirectly effects the morale of the entire team. Specifically with us not staying on the field on offense. Tires out the defense. He brings no energy. No excitement. Apathy. Dread. He is Dearth Guarantano.

I'm still in the "most of our issues are because of JG" camp.

My belief in Pruitt wanes the longer he is on the field and so does Pruitts prospects here at UT. The longer he is off the field the more likely our morale will return.

Last year as soon as we took him off the field for the first time. We scored points finally against FLA. Even tho Maurer was thrown to the wolves it excited our team enough and he made just enough throws to get us in field goal range. Then we saw a completely different team in the first half against UGA. More life on offense since the Dobbs years. Benching JG for Maurer saved our dignity and our program last year and JG is literally tearing all of that down because he is nothing more than a back up with a propensity towards calamity.

We are not in the hopeless state many here believe us to be in. But if Pruitt continues to trot him out there then let him continue to dig his own grave. He deserves it.

Makes sense. Time to move on from JG and go with someone else. If he's the best we have then we're in big trouble/ However I think we have others that can shine just need to have the chance to showcase what they have.

VN Store

Back