Vols Spring Practice Updates 3.26

Watching the video of Trey Smith reminded me of the movie The Karate Kid. When Daniel LaRusso is injured just before the final match of the All Valley Karate Tournament, he comes back out. The announcer asks, "Daniel LaRusso's gonna fight?!? DANIEL LARUSSO'S GONNA FIGHT!"

Trey Smith is gonna play?!? TREY SMITH IS GONNA PLAY!

Watching the video of Trey Smith reminded me of the movie The Karate Kid. When Daniel LaRusso is injured just before the final match of the All Valley Karate Tournament, he comes back out. The announcer asks, "Daniel LaRusso's gonna fight?!? DANIEL LARUSSO'S GONNA FIGHT!"

Let's just hope a bunch of young punks in scary masks aren't coming to jump him 😨!

Reactions: I_Bleed_Orange77
Re: Wayna and Crouch: welcome to the bigs.

Even back bench D1 players are legit. This is not high school anymore. For the first time in your life you are not by a wide margin the most talented athlete on the field.

Excited to see both work hard, get big, and excel in their roles.

Reactions: tennvols77
One thing to notice too ... Couch still struggling and Morris on his back by a guy who ain't dine dlddly since he been here . . I tried to tell all these so called experts that Morris and Crouch won t be big contibuters in 2019 ... but no I was told they freshman all Americans. ..... not
You forgot to take your meds didn't you 😎

Reactions: butchna
I don’t think you’re responsible whatsoever. If you’re wrong it won’t be the first or 1000th time. They’ll contribute early and be elite by their sophomore years imo. Guess I get your “idiot” label. Don’t feel different than before.
hahaha responding to the idiots ....

Didn’t realize it was awards time already! Where’d the season go?
Yes it has been by all the accolades these 2 frosh have been getting ..so yes there have been alot of folks already gave them awards for Frosh All American and 1st round NFL picks ..so yes there are those already dishing out awards ......

CRouch is as strong as any of the LBs on the team.
And Morris is in his 6th college practice...

How about you just wait till at least Spring ends??
Silly...
Id be glad too ... haha Im responding to those who have already declared these 2 starters and frosh AA .. so YES they need to wait a bit .. there are some fans who want to anoint some of these kids as the greatest ever ... just let the coaches coach and the kids improve at a steady pace .. quit declaring of he will start or he will start ..lets hope we dont have a true frosh start at OT and at ILB ...

Its likely this will come back to haunt you. I assume you hope it does?
I would like nothing better ... im a huge fan and want our 5 stars to play like 5 stars and live up too hype but dont put undue pressure on the kids ..

Yes it has been by all the accolades these 2 frosh have been getting ..so yes there have been alot of folks already gave them awards for Frosh All American and 1st round NFL picks ..so yes there are those already dishing out awards ......
WE don’t give out awards. They’re called PREDICTIONS. If they don’t happen then they don’t happen. It’s very early for you yourself to declare the opposite...6th Spring practice? You in a hurry?

Id be glad too ... haha Im responding to those who have already declared these 2 starters and frosh AA .. so YES they need to wait a bit .. there are some fans who want to anoint some of these kids as the greatest ever ... just let the coaches coach and the kids improve at a steady pace .. quit declaring of he will start or he will start ..lets hope we dont have a true frosh start at OT and at ILB ...
Mystery solved. You don’t want true freshmen started...so declaring them garbage way early in the process is your means to accomplish that feat. We don’t have a say...you VN too seriously.

And he "tried to tell all these so called experts".... So if they don't turn out to be heisman candidates, he gone " TOLD Y'ALL SO". Book it!
Hate to unfairly judge him but that doesn’t seem like a fair bar for success. Winning the Heisman as an OT and ILB. 😒

Reactions: Behr
I feel better the guys are back practicing. I can't explain why. I just do. I also feel good that my son got his first real job at Bojangles and he is doing well. My first "inside" jobs were at the Dari Delite and Hawk's Rebel Drive-in in Winchester. Before that, usually just hauling hay and bringing in and hanging tobacco. Short order will help you develop multi-tasking skills, for sure.

And now, back to your regular programming.

Winchester native? So am I. The Dari Delite was out on the Cowan Highway, correct? Soft serve ice cream. As a high school student, I went to the grill/drive-in for a "late night snack"(munchies) many times, but it wasn't called Hawk's Rebel. You are talking about the one that was next to S&T Auto?

One thing to notice too ... Couch still struggling and Morris on his back by a guy who ain't dine dlddly since he been here . . I tried to tell all these so called experts that Morris and Crouch won t be big contibuters in 2019 ... but no I was told they freshman all Americans. ..... not
Except for the fact that all the actual experts are predicting them to contribute early in either a starting or rotational role this season...

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

<blue font> Won't happen. We have a whole contingent of posters here on VN that knows everything there is to know about Trey, his personal diagnosis, treatments for his ailment past, present, and future and there is no doctor on planet Earth that will cosign him ever taking a football field again. They are the shade tree medicos.

Yet there he is practicing as if he is going to run through the T and play in the 2019 season. I for one don't know, but I do know, Trey will know, and he'll let us know when he's done. He has my support either way.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Mystery solved. You don’t want true freshmen started...so declaring them garbage way early in the process is your means to accomplish that feat. We don’t have a say...you VN too seriously.
I never said they were garbage ..I said quit putting undue expectations on them ..they are very raw ....

I never said they were garbage ..I said quit putting undue expectations on them ..they are very raw ....
Sounds supportive and nurturing...😏
One thing to notice too ... Couch still struggling and Morris on his back by a guy who ain't dine dlddly since he been here but no I was told they freshman all Americans. ..... not
At least we got you “hoping I be all’s wrong”. You got it in ya! 6th Spring practice...smh.

Reactions: LittleVol
Sounds supportive and nurturing...😏

At least we got you “hoping I be all’s wrong”. You got it in ya! 6th Spring practice...smh.

I know I've said this multiple times, but it doesn't make sense for people to hope they are right when they say stuff like that, but they say it with such conviction, I have a hard time believing they hope they're wrong.

" Couch still struggling and Morris on his back by a guy who ain't dine dlddly since he been here but no I was told they freshman all Americans. ..... not".....but I hope I'm wrong".

Reactions: Remy and butchna

VN Store

Back