Vols Spring Practice Updates 3.26

One thing to notice too ... Couch still struggling and Morris on his back by a guy who ain't dine dlddly since he been here . . I tried to tell all these so called experts that Morris and Crouch won t be big contibuters in 2019 ... but no I was told they freshman all Americans. ..... not

One thing to notice too ... Couch still struggling and Morris on his back by a guy who ain't dine dlddly since he been here . . I tried to tell all these so called experts that Morris and Crouch won t be big contibuters in 2019 ... but no I was told they freshman all Americans. ..... not

This is an idiotic statement.

Both are obviously being groomed to contribute immediately. Also, Crouch is learning a new position and just because on one drill, one time Morris got put on his butt because a lineman finally gave his all instead of Lolly gagging around, doesn’t mean that Morris will not be a good football player. I guarantee you Morris won’t let it happen again. Now carry on with this idiotic take of yours.

Fo real man. Obviously if they haven’t picked it up by the 6th practice of their first spring, they just ain’t gonna get it. 🙄

Sounds like like you may be a TAD bit drunk. Both those dudes are EE. Lil early for any kind of evaluation.

This is an idiotic statement.

Both are obviously being groomed to contribute immediately. Also, Crouch is learning a new position and just because on one drill, one time Morris got put on his butt because a lineman finally gave his all instead of Lolly gagging around, doesn’t mean that Morris will not be a good football player. I guarantee you Morris won’t let it happen again. Now carry on with this idiotic take of yours.
I never said they wouldn't be good .... I'm responsible to the idiots that say they are gonna start as frosh and be all this and that ... you can't put that on these kids .. strength and foot work ...are key. ... and these 2 are just gonna take longer to be solid contributors... probably as sophs ...

I never said they wouldn't be good .... I'm responsible to the idiots that say they are gonna start as frosh and be all this and that ... you can't put that on these kids .. strength and foot work ...are key. ... and these 2 are just gonna take longer to be solid contributors... probably as sophs ...

CRouch is as strong as any of the LBs on the team.
And Morris is in his 6th college practice...

How about you just wait till at least Spring ends??
Silly...

If Jahmir Johnson is going to play LT, it appears he needs to gain weight. Official UT site has him listed 6’5” and 270!? Where can one find updated hts and wts?

You really need to look up ellipses and how to use them because you are not using them correctly. Not a grammar nazi but damn.

Reactions: Brasszilla
If Jahmir Johnson is going to play LT, it appears he needs to gain weight. Official UT site has him listed 6’5” and 270!? Where can one find updated hts and wts?
They updated rosters at the beginning of spring camp. I remember Pruitt saying last year that Jahmir Johnson was not as heavy as his listed weight. Hes been working hard to get his weight up and will continue to do so over spring/summer. Lets hope he can put on 20 more lbs and be a real 290.

Yeah, really hope he's not one of those guys who we look up and he's a senior, wondering what happened. Injuries happen, so he's got to stick with it...it's early for him. In reality, he's like a more experienced EE this year, since he redshirted. He still hasn't played his first snap, though, and if he'd got it in him, Pruitt will get it out of him, for sure.
Didn't Peterson play in 4 games last year?

Reactions: LouderVol
They updated rosters at the beginning of spring camp. I remember Pruitt saying last year that Jahmir Johnson was not as heavy as his listed weight. Hes been working hard to get his weight up and will continue to do so over spring/summer. Lets hope he can put on 20 more lbs and be a real 290.

Midnight PBJs. (Careful reading required there).

All this basketball made me forget about spring ball. Football boys learn to finish off games like bball boys, we'll be in pretty good shape

Before we put the word 5 STAR BUST JJ didn't get here till the fall and had to wait a couple of weeks before he was clear to play why don't we see how this year works out before we label him one way or the other.
We also should give him and other recruits slack.
He's only been here one year

CRouch is as strong as any of the LBs on the team.
And Morris is in his 6th college practice...

How about you just wait till at least Spring ends??
Silly...

Agreed. Bama, UF, and Goergia have been routinely been boat racing us with 4 & 5 star frosh starters, especially on their OLs, and suddenly we get those type players ... ... ... and ours are failing ... ... ... after 6 college practices? Does not pass the red face test for credibility.

Didn’t realize it was awards time already! Where’d the season go?

Any thoughts on why we split spring practice with spring break? If I was a coach I wouldn’t want to do this. Why not start now and have 4 uninterrupted weeks?

I don’t think you’re responsible whatsoever. If you’re wrong it won’t be the first or 1000th time. They’ll contribute early and be elite by their sophomore years imo. Guess I get your “idiot” label. Don’t feel different than before.

VN Store

Back