Vols Spring Practice No. 3 Updates 3.11

Haha.
I was going to ask exactly what "the problem" is that some always mention regarding fans.
Does message board excitement mess with player hydration or make posters' cars have tire pressure issues?
I MUST KNOW!

šŸ˜„

Yea, I don't know brother, my excitement for Tennessee football has never been a "problem".

Saw another " you're just setting yourself up for disappointment " this morning in a thread, it was in regard to us possibly going 9-3. Lol, I obviously think the whole "setting yourself up for disappointment" think is funny, but its even funnier when they double down with "9-3 is delusional, 8 is our ceiling". I mean, wtf?

Maybe, or maybe we know we can't control any of it and we just get excited that it seems like we're improving.

Everything we did and are doing this off season could be a little better than what some of the others have done or are doing. Or maybe not, won't know until season.

I don't mean this as criticism, we're just all different, but I don't get having to temper excitement. I get excited every year and for the past 10 or so years I've been disappointed, but I assume those that didn't get get excited were disappointed too. AND, we all lived.

Anyway, its gonna be whatever its gonna be and my excitement, or lack of ain't making any difference.

Really? If the last 11 years dont give you a clue, I cant help you. Our time wandering in the college football wilderness is slowly morphing from a blip to a tradition. Because some of us have chosen to gird our loins instead of being optimistic, finding the reasoning behind it really shouldnt be that elusive to you.

Reactions: VolAllen and KBVol
Really? If the last 11 years dont give you a clue, I cant help you. Our time wandering in the college football wilderness is slowly morphing from a blip to a tradition. Because some of us have chosen to gird our loins instead of being optimistic, finding the reasoning behind it really shouldnt be that elusive to you?
I don't think he was talking about what people do with their own loins, it's their need to concern themselves with everyone else's loin girding.

Really? If the last 11 years dont give you a clue, I cant help you. Our time wandering in the college football wilderness is slowly morphing from a blip to a tradition. Because some of us have chosen to gird our loins instead of being optimistic, finding the reasoning behind it really shouldnt be that elusive to you.

Yea really! As I've said before, I can handle disappointment, especially when its over football. I mean, what the hell do you go through when you get disappointed over something that really matters?

I don't think he was talking about what people do with their own loins, it's their need to concern themselves with everyone else's loin girding.
Well sure. I mean I get that and I get his point that what's going to happen is going to happen and we cant control it. But what I CAN control is my reactions to things and how I let it impact me. I just meant that by not allowing myself to get excited about any of these asinine reports coming out of camp, it helps me better cope with the disappointment that always inevitably comes in the regular season.

Reactions: KBVol
I've only been once and it wasn't my choice. I don't do buffets. But I will say it was very good. If invited again, I'll be happy to give it another try.
Used to be a regular until I viewed a YouTube where an employee filmed the prepared food being parked next to a dumpster during a food inspector visit. Flies buzzing around mashed taters ainā€™t the best commercial. šŸ¤® Never been back.

Maybe, or maybe we know we can't control any of it and we just get excited that it seems like we're improving.

Everything we did and are doing this off season could be a little better than what some of the others have done or are doing. Or maybe not, won't know until season.

I don't mean this as criticism, we're just all different, but I don't get having to temper excitement. I get excited every year and for the past 10 or so years I've been disappointed, but I assume those that didn't get get excited were disappointed too. AND, we all lived.

Anyway, its gonna be whatever its gonna be and my excitement, or lack of ain't making any difference.

Saved me a few posts. Why does this seem a more ā€œrealistā€ take than the posters who drape themselves with that robe?

Yea, I don't know brother, my excitement for Tennessee football has never been a "problem".

Saw another " you're just setting yourself up for disappointment " this morning in a thread, it was in regard to us possibly going 9-3. Lol, I obviously think the whole "setting yourself up for disappointment" think is funny, but its even funnier when they double down with "9-3 is delusional, 8 is our ceiling". I mean, wtf?
That one game is a bee-yotch! I tell ya!

Reactions: Behr
Yea really! As I've said before, I can handle disappointment, especially when its over football. I mean, what the hell do you go through when you get disappointed over something that really matters?

My disappointment with UT Football really isn't as dramatic as it may sound, posting it on a message board. I care, sure. I'm a fan just like everyone else on this board. We wouldn't be here otherwise. So it DOES matter. It's why we are fans and follow and support the program. We care. But my disappointment is mostly internal. I don't kick TV's or drown cats over losing. And believe me, I've dealt with plenty of disappointment in my 47 years of life over other things that "matter". But you said you didn't understand the mindset of tempering excitement. I'm simply saying that it really shouldn't be that surprising to you, given the past 11 years of this program. In fact I would say that at this point, tempering expectations is what any REASONABLE fan is doing nowadays. It's one thing to deal with an individual disappointment. It's quite another to deal with the same disappointment over and over and over for as long as we have. Over time it starts to weigh on you.

Reactions: KBVol
Emerson critique based on what?
The seas have parted for him to walk into a significant role, but he's stuck on the bank.

If he can't run with the 1s and 2s this spring he probably never will. S. Williams, Middleton, and Simmons arrive in the Fall and we've already got a 2020 guy committed who could push for PT next year... It's now or never for Emerson - trending toward never unless he makes a major push NOW.

The problem isn't the reports. The problem is too many people forget that there are 13 other SEC teams that are putting in work too. While all these gains may actually be happening within our program, it's gains just to catch us up to where other teams already are. It's not like the other teams are just sitting on a couch, munching on Cheetos and playing Fortnite.

I wish they would be sitting on the couch, munching on Cheetos and playing Fortnite... That way I wouldn't feel as bad about my life of sitting on the couch, munching on Cheetos and reading VolNation...

Brick by Brick am I right or what?

It's like a Golden Corral. Sounds good at first until you're actually sitting down and eating.

I do love their mac and cheese though... If Tennessee Football was a buffett of just Mac and Cheese my inner 12 year old would be very happy.. Sadly it is full of burnt rolls and raisin cookies...

My disappointment with UT Football really isn't as dramatic as it may sound, posting it on a message board. I care, sure. I'm a fan just like everyone else on this board. We wouldn't be here otherwise. So it DOES matter. It's why we are fans and follow and support the program. We care. But my disappointment is mostly internal. I don't kick TV's or drown cats over losing. And believe me, I've dealt with plenty of disappointment in my 47 years of life over other things that "matter". But you said you didn't understand the mindset of tempering excitement. I'm simply saying that it really shouldn't be that surprising to you, given the past 11 years of this program. In fact I would say that at this point, tempering expectations is what any REASONABLE fan is doing nowadays. It's one thing to deal with an individual disappointment. It's quite another to deal with the same disappointment over and over and over for as long as we have. Over time it starts to weigh on you.

Like I said, I didn't mean it as criticism. I understand its just a message board but I have to think everybody pretty much feels the same way in real life. I mean, do you feel differently here than in real life? Are you actually excited about this season and think we win more than what you say here?

If I let this bother me the way it seems some do, I wouldn't follow it the way I do. But that's just me, it doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.

Reactions: Souce
Well sure. I mean I get that and I get his point that what's going to happen is going to happen and we cant control it. But what I CAN control is my reactions to things and how I let it impact me. I just meant that by not allowing myself to get excited about any of these asinine reports coming out of camp, it helps me better cope with the disappointment that always inevitably comes in the regular season.

But can you control your reactions and how they impact others?

Chaney is and will continue to make a difference. He is very sharp and knows what it takes to win. Iā€™m sure he is putting our defense in a bind in practice, he will do the same to other defenses as well.

Like I said, I didn't mean it as criticism. I understand its just a message board but I have to think everybody pretty much feels the same way in real life. I mean, do you feel differently here than in real life? Are you actually excited about this season and think we win more than what you say here?

If I let this bother me the way it seems some do, I wouldn't follow it the way I do. But that's just me, it doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.
Yeah, that's me also. The thought of winning a few extra games and having fun, it's why I'm here.
If we don't, oh well, I'll be fine. Dwelling on it has never helped me.

Reactions: Easttnken
Used to be a regular until I viewed a YouTube where an employee filmed the prepared food being parked next to a dumpster during a food inspector visit. Flies buzzing around mashed taters ainā€™t the best commercial. šŸ¤® Never been back.

That'll do it. Haha. Pastor invited me after church one Sunday to thank me for dog-sitting for him. Got there just as they were bringing out fried shrimp. I had a nice piece of sirloin rare, fried mushrooms and some hot fried shrimp. That was it. I don't even know how much it was.

Reactions: Souce
Yeah, that's me also. The thought of winning a few extra games and having fun, it's why I'm here.
If we don't, oh well, I'll be fine. Dwelling on it has never helped me.

Yea, and don't get me wrong, I'll lose my damn mind during games, especially like the 15 Florida game, but my level of excitement leading up to it has no effect on that. Haha.

Sorry KB, you donā€™t post excited. I have always have hope for the future, as a fan, I donā€™t know.? No one does, until the season starts. SMH, Iā€™m still there until Iā€™m not. Off season, always gets our hopes up, because we miss and canā€™t wait until September, I always have hope, even if I get proven wrong, but, hey, Iā€™m still there. Iā€™ll take the delusional card here.
Donā€™t mistake my (at times) jaded posts for a lack of excitement and love for my university and the football program. Those posts are made out of frustration and a need for a cathartic vessel that is VN. And Iā€™m thrilled that spring football is here and the season is less than 6 months away.

Beautifully said. Couldnā€™t agree more.

Haha.
I was going to ask exactly what "the problem" is that some always mention regarding fans.
Does message board excitement mess with player hydration or make posters' cars have tire pressure issues?
I MUST KNOW!

šŸ˜„
Yes.. I keep losing pressure in the left front tire of my truck. I know it's due to some of the pissy attitudes here on VolNation..

Come on guys, put your orange glasses on so I don't have to put air in my tire every few days....

VN Store

Back