Vols Spring Practice No. 3 Updates 3.11

Everybody gets a little excited this time of year, myself included. So and so looks bigger, practicing with more intensity, really expect big things from so and so......and then the season starts and, well, you know.....surely one day they’ll make us proud again. But when?

Sorry KB, you don’t post excited. I have always have hope for the future, as a fan, I don’t know.? No one does, until the season starts. SMH, I’m still there until I’m not. Off season, always gets our hopes up, because we miss and can’t wait until September, I always have hope, even if I get proven wrong, but, hey, I’m still there. I’ll take the delusional card here.

Looking forward to a huge year of improvement out of Guarantano. He didn't light the world on fire last year, but considering what he was working with, he made monumental gains from year 1. With a little protection, he can be an excellent game manager - limiting turnovers with high accuracy passes. Has to be better at reads, but the thing that stands out to me the most about him is his leadership. And that says a lot considering how he acted during his 1st game as a freshman behind Dormady.
You set the bar low buddy.

This post will be continually updated.

-David Ubben

-N. Rutherford

-Simonton

P. Brown

D1aMsLpWwAMhFCz.jpg:large

D1aMsLpXgAARvr1.jpg:large

D1aUM2cXQAAGieW.jpg:large

D1aUNoNX0AAbhGa.jpg:large

A suggestion is it possible to put the players' number in your descriptions. I know I am being a bit lazy, but would help a lot!

Jesus its the third freaking practice people. My goodness. Some of you just cannot resist the urge to look at a few minutes of video and some comments made by analysts to come to an opinion. Sheesh.
Lol, calm down sweety, it should have zero effect on your blood pressure.

I bet you yell, cuss and scream like its life and death when you're playing your little video games. :)

Everybody gets a little excited this time of year, myself included. So and so looks bigger, practicing with more intensity, really expect big things from so and so......and then the season starts and, well, you know.....surely one day they’ll make us proud again. But when?

The problem isn't the reports. The problem is too many people forget that there are 13 other SEC teams that are putting in work too. While all these gains may actually be happening within our program, it's gains just to catch us up to where other teams already are. It's not like the other teams are just sitting on a couch, munching on Cheetos and playing Fortnite.

Thought it was common knowledge JJ is injured. Or is my information considered 'insider?' Are corporate cards accepted at Waffle House? Thanks ill hang up and 👂

It is, guess these dill weeds are very selective to what they follow on the board. It's funny because the only thing to follow is the spring practices and pressers.

Hard for me to believe Trey Smith is even out there. Gamer and really wants to play. I’ll leave it to his doctors, staff and Trey. Just want him to be safe and healthy.

Reactions: rgvol
This post will be continually updated.

-David Ubben

-N. Rutherford

-Simonton

P. Brown

D1aMsLpWwAMhFCz.jpg:large

D1aMsLpXgAARvr1.jpg:large

D1aUM2cXQAAGieW.jpg:large

D1aUNoNX0AAbhGa.jpg:large

I like hearing that J. Johnson is practicing at Tackle. That’s his more natural position, given his athleticism and build. Smith, should he play, is a far more natural Guard. Would love to see JJ take the left tackle job, allowing Smith to play Guard and one of the freshmen to play RT, a slightly less demanding position. With Kennedy being back at Center, that solidifies 4 of the 5 starting spots, with Carvin, R. Johnson, and Locklear battling it out for the RG position.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The problem isn't the reports. The problem is too many people forget that there are 13 other SEC teams that are putting in work too. While all these gains may actually be happening within our program, it's gains just to catch us up to where other teams already are. It's not like the other teams are just sitting on a couch, munching on Cheetos and playing Fortnite.

Maybe, or maybe we know we can't control any of it and we just get excited that it seems like we're improving.

Everything we did and are doing this off season could be a little better than what some of the others have done or are doing. Or maybe not, won't know until season.

I don't mean this as criticism, we're just all different, but I don't get having to temper excitement. I get excited every year and for the past 10 or so years I've been disappointed, but I assume those that didn't get get excited were disappointed too. AND, we all lived.

Anyway, its gonna be whatever its gonna be and my excitement, or lack of ain't making any difference.

I obviously want Jacquez Jones and Jahmir Johnson to succeed and be significant contributors. However, can you imagine the confusion that will ensue if we have four JJ's contributing? It's already difficult with JJ Peterson and Jennings.

It's like a Golden Corral. Sounds good at first until you're actually sitting down and eating.

I've only been once and it wasn't my choice. I don't do buffets. But I will say it was very good. If invited again, I'll be happy to give it another try.

Reactions: Souce
Maybe, or maybe we know we can't control any of it and we just get excited that it seems like we're improving.

Everything we did and are doing this off season could be a little better than what some of the others have done or are doing. Or maybe not, won't know until season.

I don't mean this as criticism, we're just all different, but I don't get having to temper excitement. I get excited every year and for the past 10 or so years I've been disappointed, but I assume those that didn't get get excited were disappointed too. AND, we all lived.

Anyway, its gonna be whatever its gonna be and my excitement, or lack of ain't making any difference.
Haha.
I was going to ask exactly what "the problem" is that some always mention regarding fans.
Does message board excitement mess with player hydration or make posters' cars have tire pressure issues?
I MUST KNOW!

😄

VN Store

Back