Vols release depth chart ahead of Tennessee Tech game

If only someone had said this with CJP and JG

They already did...

The level of stupid from our fan base knows no bounds. just twelve days ago, 80% of you guys were nuts for Pruitt, and now he's suddenly an imbecile. I've never been on board with Pruitt, but I'm also not going to berate the guy for his choice of quarterback when he's running the practices.

When Saban took the Bama job in 2007 he made less that $4 million. He actually didn’t get close to $6 million until 2010. He now makes about $9.3 million.

Back in 2007 nearly $4 million was insane money for a coach. How much has UT thrown at any top notch coach which doesn’t include Franklin because he isn’t worth enough to wash Saban’s underwear.

What’s the moral of the story. In most cases you get what you pay for. UT has NEVER gone after one of the top 4 HC’s with serious money. Instead, our administration shops the blue light special bin (those were K-Mart discount bins for you young’ns) hoping they hit the lottery but it hasn’t worked out so we’ll yet has it.
What coach would be a Home run hire? Every coach is a risk

They already did...
Hey thanks for caring so much about me that you looked that up. Shows that I’m level headed, realizing Pruitt wasn’t the guy before most posters but also mature enough not to be imbecilic about it

Hey thanks for caring so much about me that you looked that up. Shows that I’m level headed, realizing Pruitt wasn’t the guy before most posters but also mature enough not to be imbecilic about it

Pruitt was of course correct about JG though, because he watched him in practice, right?

Pruitt was of course correct about JG though, because he watched him in practice, right?
After two games like Heupel or year 3? Also, Who do you think he should have started in hind sight year 3?

Last edited:
What coach would be a Home run hire? Every coach is a risk

To a certain extent most coaches are a risk but some are very well established commodities and to my knowledge we never even approached them. Money talks.

Heup’s offense isn’t the problem I have. With an decent QB it can be really good. The problem I have with Heup is with his infatuation with Milton. So far it just reeks of Pruitt and JG. If he ever fixes Milton’s arm and his twinkle toe running, he’ll look like a genius. If he doesn’t fix Milton but continues to trot Milton out there every game, he’s no better than cornbread. Could you fathom Spurrier trotting Milton out there game after game in his hay day? I can’t, Spurrier would’ve benched Milton long before he got injured.

Wholly unsurprising. Heupel is going to try to use this game to "coach Milton up", and then toss him out on the field against Florida, and let him dig a hole we can't get out of before putting an under-prepared Hooker into the game after Milton goes out with a supposed injury.
You beat me to this. This is exactly what will happen.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Can we just support the QB and coach for like half a season before we throw them under the burning mattress at VN.com?
We've watched this movie before and know how it ends. Hooker would at least give us a punchers chance against UF. Milton will have it over by halftime. He is who he is.

Last edited:
TN Tech is basically a scrimmage so think Milton will play if healthy. Best time to work out the issues. If the same problems exist Saturday he is probably done.
I don’t think those issues will be worked out in one game. Hope I’m wrong, but at this point I’d move forward with Hooker and get Bailey in there to get some meaningful snaps.

Reactions: Vol Main
We've watched this movie before and knows how it ends. Hooker would at least give us a punchers chance against UF. Milton will have it over by halftime. He is who he is.
You think the guy with the stronger arm gives us less of a chance of a knockout. Interesting

Now, maybe - just maybe - he gives Milton some time to prove he can do it. If it works out - great. If not, Heupel can pull him for "aggravating an injury".
Agree...If not for JH track record literally everywhere he’s been w/ QBs I’d probably have higher opinion on this. Optics are there are two better choices which if that’s true, we’ll know by the end of game 4

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Wholly unsurprising. Heupel is going to try to use this game to "coach Milton up", and then toss him out on the field against Florida, and let him dig a hole we can't get out of before putting an under-prepared Hooker into the game after Milton goes out with a supposed injury.

Sounds like Pruitt 2.0 in regards to JG!!! Doesn't it????

Sounds like you have DTCS (Dumb Tennessee Coach Syndrome)

You think the guy with the stronger arm gives us less of a chance of a knockout. Interesting
He overthrows his WRs pretty much every throw. Plus he's not a True Freshman. He's the same QB he was in Mich and he's shown me nothing to believe that will change. What good is a rocket arm if you have zero touch.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back