Vols release depth chart ahead of Tennessee Tech game

It’s his 1st year as the HC. I personally don’t like it but it is what it is.

You don’t have to agree with it but something tells me Milton has potential to be a good QB. Heupel thinks he can fix it so I’ll give him a chance.

However, if he continues to do this every year then it’s fair to question his future as the HC.
I have the potential to broad jump 16 feet, never will, but potential is there, at least as much potential as Milton has.

Typical UT result: Milton will play better against TT. He might even get lucky and hit one of the long ones for a TD, solidifying his starting role for Florida. In Florida game, he will revert to the indecisive, timid player that he is, flinging the ball as far down the field as he can, like he’s in some PPK competition. Or standing there like a statue while the Florida DL rolls over him like a tsunami. Meanwhile, Florida, after getting hammered by Bama this week, switches to Robinson,Richardson? Who cares, it doesn’t matter. And he starts his Heisman campaign with 5 TD between passing and rushing. We’ve seen this play out against Florida over and over.

It’s just a depth chart, and if I’m not mistaken, nothing has been changed from week 1. It is pure strategy to release the same one. I know the opponent is weak, but making them prepare for more than one quarterback is part of playing the head coaching game.

Where did I suggest that? You're making up a stance and then arguing against the stance you created.

Be consistent with your take. If you are saying there is zero evidence of consistency to Milton's game (which I wholeheartedly agree with), show me the consistency level of the other two to suggest they should start. You can't because that evidence doesn't exist. None of the 3 QBs inspire much confidence, but then again, there was zero reason to be confident about this season anyway.

Do we need to go back and revisit your post?
And what evidence is there to say the other QB options do fulfill those requirements? Oh wait, there isn't any...

It's all hopes and projections with all 3 guys.

So again, if it's all "hopes and projections with all 3 guys" then there's nothing about Milton or his history, that says he's more capable than either two, and if Heupel thought he was capable of fixing Milton in a single fall camp, then why was he incapable of coaching up Maurer, Hooker, or Bailey who had both a spring and fall camp?

Can we just support the QB and coach for like half a season before we throw them under the burning mattress at VN.com?

Are you effing crazy?? How can you ask so much of the fans!!

If McDonalds can get my hamburger to me in two minutes then CJH should get my wins to me in two games!!

Half a season....that's crazy talk

Are you effing crazy?? How can you ask so much of the fans!!

If McDonalds can get my hamburger to me in two minutes then CJH should get my wins to me in two games!!

Half a season....that's crazy talk
5aqoih.jpg

Not to contribute to the derailing of a thread about depth chart by contributing to the QB discussion that's hijacked the thread, but....

Wasn't it said multiple times during camp that Hooker was the clear vocal leader of the QBs? Compare that with Milton's demeanor on the sidelines... 🤔

Do we need to go back and revisit your post?

So again, if it's all "hopes and projections with all 3 guys" then there's nothing about Milton or his history, that says he's more capable than either two, and if Heupel thought he was capable of fixing Milton in a single fall camp, then why was he incapable of coaching up Maurer, Hooker, or Bailey who had both a spring and fall camp?

Maybe Bailey and Hooker have been more inconsistent and worse than Milton. That possibility ever cross your mind?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Yep, it is ok for me to have an opinion and express it. What's not ok and hurts the program is a fanbase turning on the coach and QB because they think they know better after less than two games. As far as Milton, I have a decent day job, not in coaching by the way. And altho I have a degree and am a smart guy, I am smart enough to know that Heupel is the only guy that matters in who starts against Florida and who gives us the best chance of winning. If you can't be ok with that at this point in the season, that just speaks poorly about you as a person (not you specifically) . And if you hate JG at this point, it also says more about you than about him
wow you do love yourself, guess that means we should all follow your lead.....not

I'm not on the fire Heupel train, but I also never liked the hire to begin with.

Starting Milton again is plain idiotic. It was obvious that things ran better with Hooker. Even one of the national football podcasts I listen to highlighted it.

Milton has not improved from his time at Michigan. He runs like a wuss despite being enormous, can't hit the broad side of a barn, and has zero presence in the pocket. Absolutely insane.

EDIT: Even though we're playing a weak team the other guys NEED THE LIVE REPS. Come on.

You treat TN fans like they are stupid.
We aren't stupid. We know exactly where this is going.

He’s probably a young’n whose mom was changing his dirty diaper when UT won the 1998 National Championship. He doesn’t know anything other than UT has sucked nearly his entire life so he’s ok with it.

I think Huepel is just enamored with the what if's, with Milton. And, it's easy to see why.

He can't make the other QB's 6'5" and 245 with a rocket launcher arm, and that's probably their biggest downfall in comparison with Milton.
Milton runs like I would if I was playing at 5'8" 200. It's embarrassing to watch a grown ass man duck and shy away from contact like he does.

This staff is married to Milton, just like how Cornbread was to JG. Pathetic.
BS. We have played 2 games people!!!
Milton went out game 2 and Hooker played the rest of the game. Milton could of come back in.
It took the Gump a season and a half before anyone played more than a series or 2 when JG could go in. And then 1 bad play and JG was back.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
The good news, if you want to call it that, was Milton's decision making was pretty good. His execution....well, not so much. One thing not mentioned is that Milton may be hitting these throws in practice but getting the yips in games. Eerily similar to JGs reputation but Milton and Co. have already scored more points that (seemingly) all of last year. Coaches watching the kids day in and day out are in the best position to know their players.

I'd offer to keep in mind we are only two games into year one. I'm more disappointed in some of the play calling toward the end than anything. The great news is the kids played HARD all game. Not the result we wanted but the team didn't quit and that in and of itself is lightyears ahead of last years team.

This team will improve as the season progresses and I am excited to see where we end up. We were never going to be great and I am hopeful that CJH and staff continue to prepare this team hard and they show better each week. Give them some time, then flame away if we are not improved by years end.

Nice try.

But the over-reaction by a bunch of fans that for the most part got their football knowledge (specifically qb knowledge) from the the stands and television isnt something to ridicule....well not sure what to tell you.

If this was year 2 of Milton playing poorly under Heupel then you'd have a point. Its game two and some of you sound like a bunch of neighborhood Karens who have just enough knowledge to embarass yourselves publicly.

I personally dont know if Mitlon is the guy or if CJH is the right coach. What i do know is they both need and deserve more than two games before VN's sh.. turns to water and full scale panic sets in.

Lookit; I am not down on Milton as a hopeless case. He's obviously done well in some ways. But the guy is not on the same page with the WRs on too many plays. He did not even go through Spring practice, and it shows with too many incomplete passes. I'm not stating that he is incapable of improvement, because I really do not know. What I am saying is that his current deficiencies do not allow the team to win hard games. He handicaps the team, and I want the team to win. I want a quarterback who puts the ball where it needs to be. Milton does that a little better than half of his passes. A starting QB has to do better than that to win hard games.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back