Vols release depth chart ahead of Tennessee Tech game

He’s probably a young’n whose mom was changing his dirty diaper when UT won the 1998 National Championship. He doesn’t know anything other than UT has sucked nearly his entire life so he’s ok with it.

Or he is a guy that realizes that without all the data he would just look like a dumbass pretending he knew better than the guy with all the data.

Reactions: KptVFL
If I was the TTech HC I’d rush the QB on every down. I’d throw the kitchen sink at him every down until he’s so rattled he’s in fear for his life. In the meantime shutting down the rush game. TTech wins because Milton can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

He’s probably a young’n whose mom was changing his dirty diaper when UT won the 1998 National Championship. He doesn’t know anything other than UT has sucked nearly his entire life so he’s ok with it.

No more delusional than some fans still living in the 90’s.

This job isn’t attractive as it used to be and that’s a fact.

Nice try.

But the over-reaction by a bunch of fans that for the most part got their football knowledge (specifically qb knowledge) from the the stands and television isnt something to ridicule....well not sure what to tell you.

If this was year 2 of Milton playing poorly under Heupel then you'd have a point. Its game two and some of you sound like a bunch of neighborhood Karens who have just enough knowledge to embarass yourselves publicly.

I personally dont know if Mitlon is the guy or if CJH is the right coach. What i do know is they both need and deserve more than two games before VN's sh.. turns to water and full scale panic sets in.

No one on this thread is complaining about not getting instantaneous turnaround at this point.

Pitt was a winnable game lost because of poor personnel decisions, and bad calls by the coach at key moments, and Heupel is staying with Milton who is demonstrably worse than Hooker at running this offense. You don't need to watch 2 years of Milton's performance on Saturday to see that his lifelong accuracy issues still exist.

Heupel deserves 100% of the criticism he's receiving on those fronts.

Last edited:
No one on this thread is complaining about not getting instantaneous turnaround at this point.

Pitt was a winnable game lost b cause of poor personnel decisions, and bad calls by the coach at key moments, and Heupel is staying with Milton who is demonstrably worse than Hooker at running this offense. You don't need to watch 2 years of Milton's performance on Saturday to see that his lifelong accuracy issues still exist.

Heupel deserves 100% of the criticism he's receiving on those fronts.

oooh, demonstrably. Please, show what information you have that is more than the information Heupel has regarding which QB should run Heupels own offense 🤣🤣🤣
and feel free to list your own qualifying credentials, playing experience, NFL or ncaa experience, courses etc

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I don't buy this idea that Heupel is a 'QB guru' HC, but none of the three QBs that we had on the team were serviceable enough that with an entire spring and fall camp couldn't run his offense, so he was forced to go and get Milton, a known quantity with issues going all the way back to high school, to save the season.

I think a more likely scenario is that Heupel was infatuated with Milton back in the 2017 recruiting cycle, and when he saw him enter the portal, couldn't miss a 2nd chance to get him into his program in spite of his deficiencies.

There's nothing from Hooker's time at VT, or even Bailey's limited playing time last season, that says Milton was definitely a better option than either of them based on his time at Michigan.

Nope. Just like there's nothing that says he isn't.

Trust me, I'm far from pleased with Milton's performance up to this point. The problem is that I have only gotten to watch him for 1 1/2 games and some media portions of practice. You know, the part of practice which shows you virtually nothing about the team. The one's making the decisions have seen it all. Only time will tell.

Reactions: goldvol
Wholly unsurprising. Heupel is going to try to use this game to "coach Milton up", and then toss him out on the field against Florida, and let him dig a hole we can't get out of before putting an under-prepared Hooker into the game after Milton goes out with a supposed injury.
If they insist on rolling him out for the season the deserve all the L’s they are going to get. Florida will probably break him in to pieces.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Nope. Just like there's nothing that says he isn't.

Trust me, I'm far from pleased with Milton's performance up to this point. The problem is that I have only gotten to watch him for 1 1/2 games and some media portions of practice. You know, the part of practice which shows you virtually nothing about the team. The one's making the decisions have seen it all. Only time will tell.

Milton's lackluster performance vs BG and ineffective performance against Pitt vs Hooker's serviceable performance against Pitt says otherwise.

I bet there were good reasons we were shopping the transfer portal for a QB.
Next time why don't we try to shop in the aisle of only those qb's with a rating above 120.
We have managed to replace a qb with a 155 qb rating and a 71 % completion rate with one that has a 120 rating and a 52% completion rate. What is the logic there. Hooker was wayyyyyyyy better than Milton and was wayyyyyyy better at Virginia Tech
than Milton was at Michigan. It really wasn't close.

Reactions: spyfish007
oooh, demonstrably. Please, show what information you have that is more than the information Heupel has regarding which QB should run Heupels own offense 🤣🤣🤣
and feel free to list your own qualifying credentials, playing experience, NFL or ncaa experience, courses etc

Because of course, no football coach, has ever made the wrong decision, especially not at UT, right?

Your logical fallacy is appeal to authority

Maybe Bailey and Hooker have been more inconsistent and worse than Milton. That possibility ever cross your mind?
Go back and watch Milton's games last year at Michigan and his 120 qb rating. That will tell you all you need to know about Milton. Hooker and Bailey tracked way better than Milton last year - and Hooker outplayed Milton and hadn't been working with the
first team wr's.

Reactions: PowerT83
Does anybody remember the wild stallion from Wyoming, Josh Allen? You know the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. He was much like Milton, 6'5 with a cannon of an arm but a low completion percentage throughout his college career. Milton still has too much upside to not start him against Tenn Tech. I don't know if he's fixable within 1 season, but let's give it a little more time.

Does anybody remember the wild stallion from Wyoming, Josh Allen? You know the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. He was much like Milton, 6'5 with a cannon of an arm but a low completion percentage throughout his college career. Milton still has too much upside to not start him against Tenn Tech. I don't know if he's fixable within 1 season, but let's give it a little more time.
He isnt worth losing another game.
It already lost us one.

Milton will be a superstar once he hits one of these deep passes in a game and gets some confidence behind himself. Then we will be unstoppable!

Because of course, no football coach, has ever made the wrong decision, especially not at UT, right?

Your logical fallacy is appeal to authority
Sorry bub, but my argument is only partly based on his authority. The main part of my argument is that the guy who sees the players daily, coaches the players, and is installing his offensive system has more information to make a decision about the best starting quarterback than practically everyone on volnation.com. It is in fact his offensive system, which I would hope you would agree, does in fact make him the authority on that topic.
it’s also not a fallacy to ask someone what experience and knowledge they have in the field.
while I did in fact ask to provide the relevant information he had about hooker and milton

Reactions: StoneColdStunner

Completion percentage is the only similarity between those two from a production standpoint.
Josh-Allen.png

joemilton.png

Sorry bub, but my argument is only partly based on his authority. The main part of my argument is that the guy who sees the players daily, coaches the players, and is installing his offensive system has more information to make a decision about the best starting quarterback than practically everyone on volnation.com. It is in fact his offensive system, which I would hope you would agree, does in fact make him the authority on that topic.
it’s also not a fallacy to ask someone what experience and knowledge they have in the field.
while I did in fact ask to provide the relevant information he had about hooker and milton

It's wholly based on his authority, your entire argument is predicated on "Josh Heupel is a football coach, therefore Josh Huepel is therefore correct"; textbook example of the fallacy really.

VN Store

Back