Vols Practice Thread Wednesday

Well I guess Florida needs to prep for swings and screens. I would if I read that.

Let's just let Florida know what our game plan is, also, how about sharing the hand signals from the side line................geesh, our sports writers are about a bright as a 15 year old Bama 3rd grader :)

Don't worry Florida hasn't given UT a second thought. They are already game planning for Towson University, one of them big Maryland U's.

Reactions: 08Vol
Hope Gray Atleast puts it together this game and realizes if he will just shoot through the line and get beyond the LBs he has a chance to score. He can make his move on the DBs if he has to. But he needs to get to and past the 2nd level.
Chandler’s never had a problem in that area...from freshman season on. I think it’s due to him being exceptionally quick to go north. Gray could benefit from more one cut and go’s.

"Chaney later joined the drill and challenged Calbert and Wright by saying, “We’re going to run behind you big boys.”

Why is he giving our game plan away to UF?
He is not... the media may be.. however I highly doubt we are doing game planning with the media watching. Considering how the media is in knoxville

Chandler’s never had a problem in that area...from freshman season on. I think it’s due to him being exceptionally quick to go north. Gray could benefit from more one cut and go’s.

Chandlers issue is he runs out of top end speed after about 40 yards. I wish he was one of the guys that didn’t run out of steam. If he was he would have a lot more touchdowns.

Let's just let Florida know what our game plan is, also, how about sharing the hand signals from the side line................geesh, our sports writers are about a bright as a 15 year old Bama 3rd grader :)

They'v told us they prepare 3 qb's as starters, and we've told them who we're going to run behind.

Let the game begin !

“With Jim Chaney closely observing, the quarterbacks and tailbacks spent a whole period working on quick game stuff — swing passes, jet sweeps, speed options. Clearly, the Vols are focused on getting to the perimeter against the Gators. They involved some misdirection plays, too.”

WTF? It’s probably not a big deal or maybe even a misdirection itself, but I’m not a big fan of this sort of info coming out of practice . I’m probably being too sensitive here, but my never say die mentality is starting peak here as we get closer to Saturday. I want to win.
Do the other SEC PROGRAMS allow this ?

I agree.

I told myself I wouldn't get excited about this game....just want to see the team give a good fight. Then....well, optimism starts creeping in, maybe, just maybe.

I do that every time. GBO!!
That's what makes us fans, Sara! Without hope for something, we would be empty vessels. GO VOLS!!!!

Reactions: Sara Clark
“With Jim Chaney closely observing, the quarterbacks and tailbacks spent a whole period working on quick game stuff — swing passes, jet sweeps, speed options. Clearly, the Vols are focused on getting to the perimeter against the Gators. They involved some misdirection plays, too.”

WTF? It’s probably not a big deal or maybe even a misdirection itself, but I’m not a big fan of this sort of info coming out of practice . I’m probably being too sensitive here, but my never say die mentality is starting peak here as we get closer to Saturday. I want to win.

I get your point, why share anything. However, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that
1. JG has trouble with long developing plays while "in the pocket"
2. That UF D-line could be an issue

So, working on quick hitting stuff, getting outside & anything to avoid the D-line from pinning their ears back is a rather obvious body of work to prep.

I get your point, why share anything. However, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that
1. JG has trouble with long developing plays while "in the pocket"
2. That UF D-line could be an issue

So, working on quick hitting stuff, getting outside & anything to avoid the D-line from pinning their ears back is a rather obvious body of work to prep.
They may also not mind this coming out... may keep Florida at home and from blitzing the **** out of us and killing JG... keep them honest on the perimeter

Reactions: 08Vol and Booker512
He is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Tired of seeing people in all walks of life punished over accusations that have been unproven in court.
I am with you, look at how the accusations ruined AJ Johnson. Until guilty, let these young men play. To many worried about appearances, what about the fact that some people are trying to take advantage of these guys.

Reactions: Remy and Booker512
Hes gonna do a bang up job. A real bruiser!
images

VN Store

Back