Vols Practice Thread Wednesday

We’re about as healthy as we’ve been in a while playing Florida. And we got a little depth. Our 1s will need some relief with quality play from the 2s.

Also, Swain mentioned players are gonna have to make plays. He said when EB had his pick 6 in the swamp, no one coached him to do that. He just did it. Jennings, Palmer, Callaway, Chandler, Gray, those are the guys that are going to have to make those extra type of plays on offense.

Gray just got demoted to 3rd string rb

"Wanya Morris worked at left tackle, Trey Smith worked at left guard, Brandon Kennedy worked at center, Darnell Wright worked at right guard, and K’Rojhn Calbert worked at right tackle. That’s the same starting five the Vols trotted out against UTC this past weekend. Jahmir Johnson saw reps at left tackle as well."

Two freshmen, a RS sophomore, a junior, and a RS transfer senior, all weighing 300+ lbs. That looks like the beginnings of SEC offensive line. Let's see if they play like one on Saturday.
Got to start somewhere and I hope this is the beginning of something good for our OL past woes.

Gray missed a couple of block last Saturday. We can not have missed blocks if we wnt to throw the ball.
Sounds like Gray is the perfect running back to set up a big play action pass with for Saturday. UF knows he isnt a great blocker. Bring him in 5 or 6 times and hand it off everytime then hit them with a big play.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
“With Jim Chaney closely observing, the quarterbacks and tailbacks spent a whole period working on quick game stuff — swing passes, jet sweeps, speed options. Clearly, the Vols are focused on getting to the perimeter against the Gators. They involved some misdirection plays, too.”

I get your point, why share anything. However, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that
1. JG has trouble with long developing plays while "in the pocket"
2. That UF D-line could be an issue

So, working on quick hitting stuff, getting outside & anything to avoid the D-line from pinning their ears back is a rather obvious body of work to prep.

I realize it doesn’t take an NSA code breaker to understand what our pluses and minuses will be going against their D. I just wasn’t a fan of talking about our focus. Like I said originally though, I was probably being too sensitive about info coming out. I think at this point, seeing the Gators on the schedule this week, the last three weeks don’t matter to me. I want to win and try as I might, I want to believe where there’s a will there’s a way. It’s idiotic, but I show up every week with the same mentality. More some than others.

Let's just let Florida know what our game plan is, also, how about sharing the hand signals from the side line................geesh, our sports writers are about a bright as a 15 year old Bama 3rd grader :)
“With Jim Chaney closely observing, the quarterbacks and tailbacks spent a whole period working on quick game stuff — swing passes, jet sweeps, speed options. Clearly, the Vols are focused on getting to the perimeter against the Gators. They involved some misdirection plays, too.”

WTF? It’s probably not a big deal or maybe even a misdirection itself, but I’m not a big fan of this sort of info coming out of practice . I’m probably being too sensitive here, but my never say die mentality is starting peak here as we get closer to Saturday. I want to win.

If the coaches didn't want the info out, they wouldn't let the media see it. It's common sense. And if the coaches don't want it out, it's not the media's fault. They are there to report what they see. The coaches know this, and should not do anything "secretive" during the open period of practice.

I just want to note, that i'm glad everyone is fired up and actually so am I, I always feel like we can beat Florida "this year" (and we rarely do)

But, listen guys, we are setting ourselves up for a huge disappointment, this could be a classic UT game. I hope i'm wrong, but the Knoxville Twilight Zone is still recording new episodes.

Kind of concerning we still never hear anything on J. J. Peterson. Also, I'm kind of surprised that Henry To'o To'o came in and is with the ones and we aren't even hearing much about the much heralded Quavaris Crouch.

If the coaches didn't want the info out, they wouldn't let the media see it. It's common sense. And if the coaches don't want it out, it's not the media's fault. They are there to report what they see. The coaches know this, and should not do anything "secretive" during the open period of practice.

Gotcha

Kind of concerning we still never hear anything on J. J. Peterson. Also, I'm kind of surprised that Henry To'o To'o came in and is with the ones and we aren't even hearing much about the much heralded Quavaris Crouch.

Crouch has played in every game and has 5th year SR in front of him in Darrell Taylor.
He's got 8 tkls, 3 QB hurries ,and 2 pass deflections in the first 3 games as a backup. He's coming along just fine.

We needed two ILB and we had only one in Bituli. Now we have To'oto'o and Banks right behind him. The need was entirely different at ILB than it was at OLB.

Crouch has played in every game and has 5th year SR in front of him in Darrell Taylor.
He's got 8 tkls, 3 QB hurries ,and 2 pass deflections in the first 3 games as a backup. He's coming along just fine.

We needed two ILB and we had only one in Bituli. Now we have To'oto'o and Banks right behind him. The need was entirely different at ILB than it was at OLB.
Get out of here with your logic and reasoning

Reactions: VolsnRavens
See him on the field.

VN Store

Back