Vols practice thread Friday 12/13

Year on year off? Who cares if the dude is happy... I have no doubt his family has tried.

I’m not worried about what he does or doesn’t do regarding his health. It’s not my business. I’m not hating on Chaney. Hell, I like to eat too. I didn’t even watch the video to see what the guy who made the original comment was talking about.

My point was only to say that surgery is not the best solution for weight loss because it’s usually ineffective long term. I‘m the type of person who obsessively researches things and after educating myself on intermittent fasting & extended fasting, I believe the best remedy for obesity, especially morbid obesity, is IF mixed with EF.

JMO

Reactions: BloomuVol
When did you guys first notice that you were spending a lot (in these circumstances, "a lot" == anything above 0) of time looking at another man's stomach?

Gotta get over this fascination with the bodies of our coaches and players. But especially our coaches.

and, hmm...

Go Vols!
Hard to miss the size of Chaney when he is in frame

Yup, he doesn't blow anyone out. Allergic to touchdowns.
Barely winning has become "blowing someone out" to people here because they are so desperate to actually have a good team to live vicariously through. Tennessee eeked out its last three wins. Here are the "Blowouts":
17-13 over Kentucky
24-20 over Missouri
28-10 over Vandy, one of the worst teams to ever play football in the history of football.
JG did do good though maintaining his 2 or less TD throwing abilities through those games.

Reactions: whodeycin85
"During the routes on air portion of practice Jarrett Guarantano was by far the most accurate of the quarterbacks. He looked sharp with no indication that he was rusty as a result of the Vols’ time off over the past two weeks. The same wasn’t true of Brian Maurer. The freshman stuck a couple of dimes in there to receivers but was also way off target on a few attempts. "

Good sign for the bowl. If JG is on we will blow them out.
Big “if” IMO

Reactions: Big Al Orange
doubt Brandon plays and he shouldn't...everything else looking normal...no arrests...hopefully everyone will grade well and play who are healthy...JG seems to be getting primed for the bowl...and,

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE HOOSIERS!

Believe it or I don't have a personal favorite. I just advocate for who I thinks gives us the best chance to win. To me that was clearly JG this year.

We may see just how good maurer is if he transfers to LSU. I hope he stays though.

LOL. With JG playing UT has never blown anyone out. You might have your mind on other things...

I just dont see those who think jg is so good. If we had played maurer from start of season. With the game expierence he would have gotten we would be a contender for sec champs next yr. But as it is next yr bout the same as this yr with jg. He is just not consistant and will not have Jennings and callaway on those 50 50 balls next yr. Of course this is just my opinion.

People put too much stock in “routes on air”. Some qbs are better with no defense where others are better with a defender covering.

Absolutely we never score many points against an average team with jg. Lots of difference in practice and game.

I just dont see those who think jg is so good. If we had played maurer from start of season. With the game expierence he would have gotten we would be a contender for sec champs next yr. But as it is next yr bout the same as this yr with jg. He is just not consistant and will not have Jennings and callaway on those 50 50 balls next yr. Of course this is just my opinion.
I would say JG had his best year in his entire football career this year because he tossed 16 TD's and had relatively few interceptions, but his completion % dropped below 60% so according to his biggest fans he isn't good anymore.

Funny though..his career stats are what good QB's have in one year.

Maybe he will transfer or if he stays gets better. Chaney was able to squeeze 4 extra TD's out of him this year, maybe he can toss 20!

Barely winning has become "blowing someone out" to people here because they are so desperate to actually have a good team to live vicariously through. Tennessee eeked out its last three wins. Here are the "Blowouts":
17-13 over Kentucky
24-20 over Missouri
28-10 over Vandy, one of the worst teams to ever play football in the history of football.
JG did do good though maintaining his 2 or less TD throwing abilities through those games.

And 2 td bout his average throughout his career. Even in hs

And 2 td bout his average throughout his career. Even in hs
His high school stats were scary mediocre. Cannot believe that wasn't a red flag for people during his recruiting. I guess we all bought into the "Guy does good at camp and has an inflated ranking" hype.

VN Store

Back