Vols practice thread Friday 12/13

"During the routes on air portion of practice Jarrett Guarantano was by far the most accurate of the quarterbacks. He looked sharp with no indication that he was rusty as a result of the Vols’ time off over the past two weeks. The same wasn’t true of Brian Maurer. The freshman stuck a couple of dimes in there to receivers but was also way off target on a few attempts. "

Good sign for the bowl. If JG is on we will blow them out.
LOL. With JG playing UT has never blown anyone out. You might have your mind on other things...

Last edited:
That's true, but with JG playing we have won games that several in your club guaranteed we would lose. So, its kinda like none of you know chit. Lol.
I never guaranteed any losses..unless JG started..and he didnt for half the season.....

Heres to JG putting up a career norm 14 points against a D1 team!

Reactions: whodeycin85

lmao when he has he ever blown anyone out?

The dude is allergic to touchdowns. That's what happens when you can't lead your receivers.

Heres to JG putting up a career norm 14 points against a D1 team!

But he's a great practice quarterback! And his stats, OH MY THOSE STATS DERP!

Give him three!

The dude is allergic to touchdowns. That's what happens when you can't lead your receivers.

Give him three!
Three of the last five games? I don't think you watched this year apparently.

Lap-band doesnt really work. He'd be way better off doing intermittent fasting.
He is beyond IF. He needs medical help. Then some IF mixed with a bit of PSMF.

When did you guys first notice that you were spending a lot (in these circumstances, "a lot" == anything above 0) of time looking at another man's stomach?

Gotta get over this fascination with the bodies of our coaches and players. But especially our coaches.

and, hmm...

Go Vols!

In case you haven't seen it the other 8-10 times I've posted it.....I'm glad he'll be back next year and I hope he becomes a star!!

But yea, I know what you mean.

I've been surprised and disappointed we haven't seen CFA on the field much at all since Pruitt arrived. Last times I saw him carry the mail, he looked much stronger, quicker, and faster than his early days. Expected to see him more, but no.

Last edited:

Give him three!

You whine about JG everytime he's mentioned.. he's our best option at QB and it's not close. He will be next year too, get over it.

Give him three!

Trying to diminish what JG has accomplished this season shows your ignorance. Good job.

Bet Pruitt is ecstatic we get those extra bowl practices this year! Think he was very annoyed not getting them last year.

Well perhaps if he would have beaten Vandy last year he wouldn’t have been so annoyed about getting extra practice time. Trying out the role of a NegaVol here just to see how it feels. How’d I do?

Reactions: Vol Main
Believe it or I don't have a personal favorite. I just advocate for who I thinks gives us the best chance to win. To me that was clearly JG this year.
After Pruitt grabbed his facemask, yes, he absolutely changed. Before that, he wasn't playing good at all. I personally am happy how he improved.

Bet Pruitt is ecstatic we get those extra bowl practices this year! Think he was very annoyed not getting them last year.

Well perhaps if he would have beaten Vandy last year he wouldn’t have been so annoyed about getting extra practice time. Trying out the role of a NegaVol here just to see how it feels. How’d I do?

I’ll go ahead and shame myself here. ‘PhxAzVol how could you be stupid enough to send the same post twice?”

Reactions: bullet20
"During the routes on air portion of practice Jarrett Guarantano was by far the most accurate of the quarterbacks. He looked sharp with no indication that he was rusty as a result of the Vols’ time off over the past two weeks. The same wasn’t true of Brian Maurer. The freshman stuck a couple of dimes in there to receivers but was also way off target on a few attempts. "

People put too much stock in “routes on air”. Some qbs are better with no defense where others are better with a defender covering.

People put too much stock in “routes on air”. Some qbs are better with no defense where others are better with a defender covering.
The stats from the season support what happens during the "routes on air" in practice.

VN Store

Back