Vols Practice Thread #3

3-star, don't want!

j/k

Though, how was Burrell a 3-star anyway? Looks like he was actievly recruited by Bama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Michigan, Mich State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, South Carolina, USC, and Wisconsin. Tough to beat that offer list.
Having the kids come to camps and being evaluated by the staff on hand are more important than Barton Simmons evaluations on a bonafide two hand touch camp they like to run for people who can afford those expensive trips.

Glad to see Tyler Byrd made a couple nice catches. Haven’t heard his name mentioned a whole lot recently. I’ve heard he’s one of the better blocking receivers. Maybe he can get some more targets this season like he did earlier in his career here.

Glad to see Tyler Byrd made a couple nice catches. Haven’t heard his name mentioned a whole lot recently. I’ve heard he’s one of the better blocking receivers. Maybe he can get some more targets this season like he did earlier in his career here.
We need to get him the ball in open space and I know Chaney is known for utilizing his best playmakers and there abilities.

3-star, don't want!

j/k

Though, how was Burrell a 3-star anyway? Looks like he was actievly recruited by Bama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Michigan, Mich State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, South Carolina, USC, and Wisconsin. Tough to beat that offer list.
Because the star ratings are a joke.
Burrell was a 4 Star on one of the services.

Reactions: Volanta
His INTENTIONS won’t have the final say...see Keller Chryst last season.
Outside of the clots coming back... What's going to stop him? His prognosis presumably hasn't changed. You think Trey would have gone through the off-season program if he didn't have some sort of "wink and a nod" understanding with a doctor that they would clear him if he didn't have any set backs? I doubt it.

There's no way he would be on the field if the doctors told him "Zero chance you ever get cleared to play".

Obviously no inside information here... But it's just logical. The doctors know what Trey's condition is... Trey is continuing to practice... Therefore the doctors have told Trey they will eventually clear him to play.

Pruitt said "its not hot, it doesn't really get hot in Knoxville, I'm sure its hot in Gainsville". Love the no excuses attitude, the last guy would have went on about some research bs.

Pardon me but that’s so refreshing to hear. No excuses, no babying, no nonsense. If this team wants to win the dog fights deep in the 4th quarter they’ll need to take that to heart and work on conditioning

Outside of the clots coming back... What's going to stop him? His prognosis presumably hasn't changed. You think Trey would have gone through the off-season program if he didn't have some sort of "wink and a nod" understanding with a doctor that they would clear him if he didn't have any set backs? I doubt it.

There's no way he would be on the field if the doctors told him "Zero chance you ever get cleared to play".

Obviously no inside information here... But it's just logical. The doctors know what Trey's condition is... Trey is continuing to practice... Therefore the doctors have told Trey they will eventually clear him to play.

It’s not as cut and dry as everyone thinks.

A lot of football programs don’t exactly operate by the rules when someone is injured.

It’s not as cut and dry as everyone thinks.

A lot of football programs don’t exactly operate by the rules when someone is injured.
Another thing is I'm not a doctor and I don't know a damn thing about Trey's condition. I'm assuming it's a binary thing. The clots are back or they aren't.

Perhaps there are other tests to assess his risk that will decide if he plays.

Another thing is I'm not a doctor and I don't know a damn thing about Trey's condition. I'm assuming it's a binary thing. The clots are back or they aren't.

Perhaps there are other tests to assess his risk that will decide if he plays.

I’m sure they’ve done several different test that look for a number of things. They’ve got their team of doctors and they’ve given their collaborative suggestion. He’s chosen to play and that’s his choice. Hopefully it works out for him and he continues on to be the best G/T to ever play at Tennessee and the NFL

Trey Smith's clots are only part of the danger. His medication, is basically a blood thinner. Getting cut could prove very hazardous. Possibly even deadly. Hell, I got cut to pieces, and I played OLB and FB. I can't imagine what it is like playing OL. Cuts are a given, I suppose. The UT medical staff and trainers had better be on the their game. I'll keep Mr. Smith in my prayers.

But he's struggling in practice again. Who is to blame ? He's a junior not freshman.

It’s basically warm ups this info is coming from. By the end of practice I would hope they all get into time with each other. Once they get into 7-on-7 and all of that, their chemistry will start to jive more.

Sounds like a lot of the receivers are dropping balls that hit their hands. Kinda hard to blame JG on that.

Reactions: American_PitVol

VN Store

Back