Vols Practice Thread #3

But this is somewhat of a problem from the last 2 years also. JG is in his 3rd year. I hope he would be more crisp even for the 3rd practice. IMO
He has had for offensive coordinators in 4 years. You don't advance in the system you just relearn a new one every single offseason... Has no one on this board ever played football seriously?

The better he plays, the better chances of a bowl game.

He plays average with no real threat of a passing attack, you get the offense from last two years.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. Will you?
You’re already wrong about how he played last year.....you’re on record saying that last year’s struggles for the offense and team were “all him”, so, nah, I don’t believe you.

Everything Jarrett Guarantano said Sunday

ON WHAT KINDS OF THINGS HE’S PICKED UP MENTALLY FROM CHANEY…

ON WHETHER CHANEY HAS SIMPLIFIED THE OFFENSE FOR THE QUARTERBACK OR MADE IT MORE COMPLEX…

Oh boy

ON HOW YOU JUDGE WHO’S THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE COUNTRY…
K-town king will be around shortly to tell us that by "wins“ he actually meant "passing efficiency".

You’re already wrong about how he played last year.....you’re on record saying that last year’s struggles for the offense and team were “all him”, so, nah, I don’t believe you.

I don't think I said that. If you find the post, please share.

I think JG and the O-line are both to blame. My issue is the posters who blame everyone but JG.

He threw 12 TD's in 12 games last year. You want to give him any blame for That? Is that all on the O-line?

And I don't care if you believe me.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Warren Burrell next star freshman corner 👀 ?

I really liked him on tape when being recruited. Thot he looked better that Fields, who seemed to get a lot more attention. Better size too. I don't know crap about this stuff. But, I hope he balls out for us. We can have one elite group of DBs it appears. Been a while since we could say that.

Man. When you have D-backs that can lock down a passing game....that helps the defense so much it’s hard to even measure. Allows to blitz more and stack the box. Gah. I can’t wait to see these guys in action.

Dude... He has balls magnitudes larger than anybody I know just too step in behind that line facing an SEC Championship level pass rush. He got less time to throw than any quarterback in the SEC and he did not finish nearly as low as others that had much more time in efficiency rating....

Dude has had four different offensive coordinators in 4 years... When you don't have confidence in your offensive line and you are constantly getting pounded you get trigger shy. I played quarterback in middle school and even know this concept. Dear God man, have you ever even held a football?

When you don't have a running game, that takes the play action fake totally out of the mix. That means the rushers are pinning their ears back and coming full speed with no underlying fear of being duped. PLEASE re-watch that Auburn game, the kid has all the talent in the world, when he got his confidence up he was nearly unstoppable...
Just a question. How do you know so much about men’s balls? Geez man. Think before you type.

Every fall camp you'll see the exact same story. First practices " too many balls hit the turf" or "OC ripping into QB/WRs" and by the middle and end of camp it's all "no balls hit the ground" or "OC is pleased with QB/WRs".

Yep, and just to help some of the hand wringers and star makers who live and die by a guy with a journalism degree's assessment of an early practice in shorts ... here's the obligatory ...
[VIDEO=]

Reactions: Vols All Day
Wouldn’t mind seeing him beat out Buchanan at Star.
We will see if Burrell still looks good once full contact starts. He is just a freshman and might not be strong enough yet.

I would like to see someone step up and fill this position. Buchanan is too slow out there. I dont know if it's because hes thinking not reacting or if he just doesnt have the speed and will never be able to get it done.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I don't think I said that. If you find the post, please share.

I think JG and the O-line are both to blame. My issue is the posters who blame everyone but JG.

He threw 12 TD's in 12 games last year. You want to give him any blame for That? Is that all on the O-line?

And I don't care if you believe me.
He is certainly not the reason we led the country in runs resulting in a negative net rush....but carry on

Reactions: The Original Fade
Trey Smith's clots are only part of the danger. His medication, is basically a blood thinner. Getting cut could prove very hazardous. Possibly even deadly. Hell, I got cut to pieces, and I played OLB and FB. I can't imagine what it is like playing OL. Cuts are a given, I suppose. The UT medical staff and trainers had better be on the their game. I'll keep Mr. Smith in my prayers.
They can monitor his PT/INR on the side lines if needed. We have used a hand-held monitoring system that looks similar to a glucometer. If they have him on a anticoagulant.. I'm sure they are on top of it with constant monitoring and adjusting accordingly. Trey has a good support system in place medically.

Reactions: Remy and kbear01
K-town king will be around shortly to tell us that by "wins“ he actually meant "passing efficiency".
I think he knows what's needed, pretty clear from his words. He's working to correct his issues and also excited about the system issues being fixed by Chaney.

Of course the OL is obvious but glad that wasn't discussed there, would've been terrible choice.
I think the team is quietly addressing all 3 of the contributing factors. And personally, I'm excited to see the result.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Trey Smith's clots are only part of the danger. His medication, is basically a blood thinner. Getting cut could prove very hazardous. Possibly even deadly. Hell, I got cut to pieces, and I played OLB and FB. I can't imagine what it is like playing OL. Cuts are a given, I suppose. The UT medical staff and trainers had better be on the their game. I'll keep Mr. Smith in my prayers.
Is he still on the anticoagulants? I would think to be taking any contact he would have been off of them for a while.

I really liked him on tape when being recruited. Thot he looked better that Fields, who seemed to get a lot more attention. Better size too. I don't know crap about this stuff. But, I hope he balls out for us. We can have one elite group of DBs it appears. Been a while since we could say that.
Saw him during Georgia HS playoff game not surprise he has great extincts

Is he still on the anticoagulants? I would think to be taking any contact he would have been off of them for a while.

Pretty sure all of the practice reports have stated that he hasnt participated in any contact drills.

They can monitor his PT/INR on the side lines if needed. We have used a hand-held monitoring system that looks similar to a glucometer. If they have him on a anticoagulant.. I'm sure they are on top of it with constant monitoring and adjusting accordingly. Trey has a good support system in place medically.

Have we ever been told which anticoagulant he is receiving? PT/INR is not indicative of the level of anticoagulation of some of the newer anticoagulants. Plus, is he is on warfarin and has an elevated INR, he would not be going through drills.

Pretty sure all of the practice reports have stated that he hasnt participated in any contact drills.
I just read some light contact. Not sure if my definition of light contact and a 300 lb + OL definition of light contact are the same. But I do believe if he is currently on warfarin, or just recently stopped and his INR was 2 or greater, he would not be doing anything more than watching from the sidelines.

B26DC0C5-1A44-4456-BDA3-AB484317E864.jpeg

VN Store

Back