Vols Practice Thread #3

It’s basically warm ups this info is coming from. By the end of practice I would hope they all get into time with each other. Once they get into 7-on-7 and all of that, their chemistry will start to jive more.

Sounds like a lot of the receivers are dropping balls that hit their hands. Kinda hard to blame JG on that.

The updates said all the QB's were late on throws and frequently off target.

That would be ok if they had a strong year last season. But since both WR and QB have struggled the last 2 years, there should be a little concern. Especially since the go to "blame the O-line" is not in play here

If it’s the 2nd scrimmage a week before kickoff and they’re having the same problems then there will be cause for concern. August 4th? Not really

If it’s the 2nd scrimmage a week before kickoff and they’re having the same problems then there will be cause for concern. August 4th? Not really

But this is somewhat of a problem from the last 2 years also. JG is in his 3rd year. I hope he would be more crisp even for the 3rd practice. IMO

Sounds like Burrell is definitely one to watch.

Trey Smith, the only thing that comes to mind with him....if our entire team had half the heart and enthusiasm for the sport that he does, "we would move mountains!" I find myself believing a little more every day that we may very well see him on the field playing again. I hope his debut is at Neyland, I can't imagine the roar of the crowd... welcoming him back and hope to be able to experience it.

Now, I'm going to stop about Trey....starting to get slightly emotional.

GBO!!
I agree, it would be such a lift for this team to have Trey out there. Hopefully prayers will be answered and his team of doctors will find a treatment plan that will work. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

Reactions: Sara Clark
Everything Jarrett Guarantano said Sunday

ON WHAT KINDS OF THINGS HE’S PICKED UP MENTALLY FROM CHANEY…
“A lot. We changed the whole offense, and it’s really quarterback-driven. A lot of protection stuff, too. A lot of defensive looks. There’s a lot of things. I’m very happy that he’s the coach, and just going back to that, he’s really helped my game out a lot.”

ON WHETHER CHANEY HAS SIMPLIFIED THE OFFENSE FOR THE QUARTERBACK OR MADE IT MORE COMPLEX…
Definitely simplified. I think the game is coming a lot easier, to be honest. I think just his offense just makes things easier. He’s made it a lot more complicated in a sense for the defense, but it’s also simpler for the offense.”

Oh boy

ON HOW YOU JUDGE WHO’S THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE COUNTRY…
“Wins. Just playing the best. Just being the best

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
Happy to hear about Burrell coming along. Very promising secondary we've got. Also makes me think... Pruitt must have really hated that unit when he took the reins here.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Outside of the clots coming back... What's going to stop him? His prognosis presumably hasn't changed. You think Trey would have gone through the off-season program if he didn't have some sort of "wink and a nod" understanding with a doctor that they would clear him if he didn't have any set backs? I doubt it.

There's no way he would be on the field if the doctors told him "Zero chance you ever get cleared to play".

Obviously no inside information here... But it's just logical. The doctors know what Trey's condition is... Trey is continuing to practice... Therefore the doctors have told Trey they will eventually clear him to play.
Don’t agree with you. Maybe they’re cautiously optimistic...best case. He wants to play and they haven’t 100% ruled it out. If he’d already received a clean bill, we would know because he’d be a full participant. There’s no WINKING AND NODDING when a human life’s at stake.

No, you don’t want positive signs if it involves JG and you know it....and we all know it. Just stop dude.

The better he plays, the better chances of a bowl game.

He plays average with no real threat of a passing attack, you get the offense from last two years.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. Will you?

Just like last year. JG is a bottom tier SEC QB and anyone who says different, don’t know squat.

Dude... He has balls magnitudes larger than anybody I know just too step in behind that line facing an SEC Championship level pass rush. He got less time to throw than any quarterback in the SEC and he did not finish nearly as low as others that had much more time in efficiency rating....

Dude has had four different offensive coordinators in 4 years... When you don't have confidence in your offensive line and you are constantly getting pounded you get trigger shy. I played quarterback in middle school and even know this concept. Dear God man, have you ever even held a football?

When you don't have a running game, that takes the play action fake totally out of the mix. That means the rushers are pinning their ears back and coming full speed with no underlying fear of being duped. PLEASE re-watch that Auburn game, the kid has all the talent in the world, when he got his confidence up he was nearly unstoppable...

VN Store

Back