Vols in the Top 10?

How many teams have 2 wins over ranked teams? I'm not counting A&M because Miami is TRASH and we all knew it.

Tennessee definitely has the best two wins of anyone.

OSU is “probably” next and their two wins are vs ND and Wisc which neither are in the top 25 right now……..so as far as the top teams with the best wins……it’s really Tennessee then everyone else kind of farther behind.

No doubt several a “one” good win some better than either of Tennessee’s. However Tennessee now has 2 with one of them on the road.

I don't want to see a target on us just yet. I want us to be hungry. It's too early in the season.

Heupel has the players in the right mentality to handle it. They’ll be just fine in the top 10. If we get where we’re wanting to be, there’ll be a constant target on us. That’s a good thing! It comes with success. We want to be there year in, year out.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Ark lost, Oklahoma probably going to lose.

Mich struggled
Clemson struggled
Baylor & Mississippi struggled
Oregon & Kentucky struggled

At least Tennessee played a top 20 team……and 4-0, probably will be ranked at least 9th.
Michigan with its annual cupcake schedule - over rated

Reactions: mpfvol and JoAllan
Oklahoma lost to an unranked team so I'd say yes we will be ranked 10 come tomorrow or Monday whenever the new rankings come out.

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be. However, I wish we could have kept the 17 point margin instead of letting them cut it to 3. From a perception standpoint, it makes it look like they played us closer than they did.
Reminds me of the 2001 game when they scored at the very end.

The important thing though, is that it didn't matter in either case. :cool:

If USC loses who moves up to # 6? UK? Oklahoma State? UT? UK didn't play well Oklahoma State was idle and well UT finally beat UF. Doubt UT jumps to 6 but realistically will be at worst #8 if USC loses. When is the last time we were in the top 8? I bet GameDay goes to NC State who will be top 10 at Clemson next week. But maybe UK at Ole Miss?

Vols 8, Kentucky 9
They aren't gonna put us past Kentucky. We probably go to 8 or 9 in both pills KY will go up to 7. The really good news is if LSU beats Auburn next week they will be ranked when we play them. Super good for BCS ranking. That way if by some miracle we beat bama or Georgia we have a shot. I don't think beating Georgia this year is in the cards. Bama also not likely but.... of the 2 Bama at Neyland is the least most not likely. If we beat LSU and that crowd that was there tonight shows up.... Who knows.

Will you think that way when they lose to Ole Miss and Miss State in the next three weeks? 8-4 is the ceiling of what this UK team can do in my opinion their defense is slow and their offensive line is poor this season.
I agree with the O line. Nothings fancy or risky against small teams. Get the w and move on healthy to the real schedule

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Kentucky will drop out of the Top 25 when they lose to Ole Miss and Miss State two of the next three weeks.
Kentucky beat Florida by more than Tennessee in the swamp and have a higher ranking which rankings are meaningless all without their best player. Not saying Kentucky is to be feared but definitely not a freebie like the past.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back