Vols hire Chaney per Multiple Sources

Great hire. Not flashy but effective, reliable, and runs the type of offense that Pruitt wants. Would be nice to bring his buddy Pittman alone and shift and move some pieces around. I think that it would be nice to get Tee Martin in as wide receiver coach and recruiting coordinator. Tee Martin and Niedermeyer would bring in the athletes it takes to play with the big boys.
And do what with David Johnson? He's a great recruiter and awesome wide receiver coach.

Ever heard of self pro-creation? You should try it

LOLOLOLOL. you so funneee....

I don't expect to be popular with this opinion. Most of the folks on this site just wanted CJP to hire ANYONE remotely successful. And we got him..

Meanwhile, go back and watch that juggernaut of an offense Cheney led at UGa against Auburn last year 1st game, this year against LSU, and his last debacle against Texas.

Plus, he did get some time to develop a good game plan last year in the NC against Bama--and choked it away in the 4th QTR.
Repeated it again in SEC championship this year.

Cheney pads his numbers against also-ran teams and gets owned by elite DCs with better talent.
You'll see. And I will say that I told you so.

We've already seen his schtick here. Do you know how to watch film?

Kirby Smart must be miserable to work for. Players are leaving, coaches are leaving.

Georgia is a sinking ship and Tennessee just poked a huge hole in the engine room.
He's a little Saban wannabe. A copycat without the success of the original. Important rule: to be an a$$hole coach, you first must have a$$hole cred.

Reactions: BigBadVol
There you go OC was named this week. Now onto the next crisis that we can help with.

I said Chaney should be the 1st person contacted, day 1 of the search. I also said Pittman should be brought back with him, and I hope that will happen when his contract is up in Ga. If Chaney is announced officially, I'll be one happy camper. Just like I said at the time, proven SEC OC, and hurt the top SEC east team in the process. No brainer.

I don't expect to be popular with this opinion. Most of the folks on this site just wanted CJP to hire ANYONE remotely successful. And we got him..

Meanwhile, go back and watch that juggernaut of an offense Cheney led at UGa against Auburn last year 1st game, this year against LSU, and his last debacle against Texas.

Plus, he did get some time to develop a good game plan last year in the NC against Bama--and choked it away in the 4th QTR.

Cheney pads his numbers against also-ran teams and gets owned by elite DCs with better talent.

Yea, but Georgia’s defense isn’t like what Pruitt’s defense is going to be. Set back and watch what I tell you.

1547002534644.gif

I am happy you guys put a hole in Georgia's armor.

You won't be when UT puts a whole in the Gators! You are thinking now UT doesn't have the talent, scheme, coaches, etc... to beat your team. We will start winning more than losing to UF in the next two years!!!

Wow wonder if he they go hard after Pittman that’s def part of the piece of what it made work so well in Georgia

I could see it down the road but why fire your buddy who you just hired a year ago and why would Pittman leave that insane OL that’s still got a bunch young boys it’s not easy like they have over last 2 years

We will see def a good hire tho

And lol at all Kirby’s coaches leaving both DC and OC have to be replaced

Well done Pruitt I really hope it affects next year for them

They were playing ALA-****ING-BAMA, moron. In case you haven't watched film or games for the last 10+ years that has been the team on top of the mountain. You don't love the hire that's fine, don't watch Chaney choke away games since you're so confident he will. You're entitled to your opinion but to think that Chaney isn't a good choice is downright ignorant

VN Store

Back