Vols Defensive Back Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he couldn't out run two uniformed officers flat footed, do we really need that type of athlete playing DB? Maybe that's some of the reason why we didn't have a good record last year!
Gave you a like just for your screen name. Reminds my of the personalized plate I had in PA many years ago - XX911XX - on my '73 911T which I wish I'da never sold. Can you believe the '71 in my avi pic, they're asking $120k?

Reactions: XknoxvolsX
Waiting for those facts to come out...and they will...like Mt Vesuvius. If they bear out, it’s a bummer end to a good story. No matter how his career ended, this is a kid who went from going nowhere to a free education at a SEC school.

Whatever happened to listening to the “law”? Say “yes, sir” and get the hell out of the way. Problem averted. Based on the reported charges against him, I have to agree with the “he gone” crowd.
Yep, unfortunately for the youngster, no matter how it really went down, even if some of y'all's assertions or assumptions that the cop(s) provoked him into retaliating, you just can't put that toothpaste back in the tube. Not even if it's Colgate.

Did he murder anyone? No. Did he rape anyone? No. Did he blow up someone's property? No. Did he make a stupid choice and follow it up with another? Yes. Let's quit acting and talking like this young man broke a commandment or deserves under the jail. He was one of hundreds of drunk college kids who get caught up during spring break every year in Florida. Many of them get resisting and assault charges.

If Pruitt decides to dump him, he has reasons, if he keeps him, I'm sure he has those too.
How about I come to your job and punch you in the face? If I’m young and hammered, it’s all good, right?

Ah the arrest debates. So many people that assume cops either can do no wrong, or are universally crooked. I'm sure the truth will come out. So I'll wait before I take sides.

It looks pretty bad for George though. Unless video comes out showing the officer behaving in an extremely inappropriate manner, he's done. It's pretty hard to justify hitting a cop and running, and he pretty much already admitted he did that. He may be acquitted, but he's probably off the team.

Reactions: tbh and chargervol
Did I write something about punching an officer as being smart, or about him playing from the slammer after being transported in the paddy wagon? No. What he is accused of is not murder. He'll pay for his decision, and if that includes his dismissal from the team, University. Fine. If it doesn't. Fine. I, unlike many it seems, am not personally offended by his actions, not condoning them either. There is no mother crying because he killed or raped their daughter today. No one is looking at a smoldering building he burned down. It's just a drunk kid who acted stupidly. Whatever his cost becomes is his cost, no one else has truly been affected adversely.
Lord have mercy. How big is that chip on your shoulder?

Damn guys, can we let all of the facts come out before you crucify the guy? Aren't a lot of you "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" Folks? I'm sure Coach Pruitt will handle the situation accordingly and I will support his decision 100%.

Bro, he punched an officer in the head. He gone

Bro, he punched an officer in the head. He gone

If I read the article linked by the OP, he stated that the cop hit him first. Hard to imagine that there's not at least one video of the incident. Don't know if cops there use body cams, but that trend is growing nation wide. We'll know soon enough I'm sure. Until then I'll reserve judgment.

Waiting for those facts to come out...and they will...like Mt Vesuvius. If they bear out, it’s a bummer end to a good story. No matter how his career ended, this is a kid who went from going nowhere to a free education at a SEC school.

No matter how it ended? Isn’t that the most important part?

If I read the article linked by the OP, he stated that the cop hit him first. Hard to imagine that there's not at least one video of the incident. Don't know if cops there use body cams, but that trend is growing nation wide. We'll know soon enough I'm sure. Until then I'll reserve judgment.

You’re not allowed to hit a cop under any circumstances. None

One night in Anahuac when I was in my 20's and didn't know any better, and was picked up for reckless driving, the cops landed all the blows. But that was after I had called them a bunch of SOB's.

A couple years later I was driving home in my 911 dodging the potholes a couple miles from my house at 9:30 on a Friday night after an unremarkable blind dinner date.

By the way I'm a white boy and the Sheriff who pulled me over was black. He asked me had I been drinking. Though I was stone sober I did, foolishly, admit to having had a glass of wine with dinner. One glass. He said "walk a straight line." I did. I asked him to give me a breath test; he declined. My azz was hauled in, and my nice car was hauled away, and I was unjustly charged with DUI which I was able to plead down to PI by paying a shyster $1000.

So one should be wary of the law. Lessons learned in one's youth.

One of the least damaging arrests we will have to deal with …. but one is too many. We don't need to win anymore "Fulmer Cups" …. let Florida take control of that trophy.

Yeah, im sure the cop walked up and hit him without asking him to get out of the street first.

Didnt know idiots players would be an accurate representation of some of our fans.

There's no need for this....

Do something better with yourself.

Baker ran from the cops and got nothing; however, he didn't get charged with battery and he was a 🌟

Never a good idea to fight with a cop, usually doesn't end well. Gotta be smarter than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back