Vols Defensive Back Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a cop writes you a ticket for 59 after getting you at 78, I would urge anyone to take that to court and make the officer admit to lying on a citation, especially if they are wearing a body cam or ask if they have a car cam. Most cops have one or both.

The last ticket I got had a place for the speed he clocked me and a place for what I was being charged with. No lie, he was just cutting me a break.

And you're trying to imply that the majority of cops are bad. That's silly. Maybe 1% are bad. Like ANY other profession

I’m implying that cops are people and people lie and abuse their authority.

Who knows what % of people lie? I will say it’s way more than 1%. I’m not saying that all people liars. I am saying that all people have told a lie.

1% is pretty low for any job when it comes to doing a job poorly.

Who knows what % of people lie? I will say it’s way more than 1%. I’m not saying that all people liars. I am saying that all people have told a lie.

I didn't say 1% do it poorly, I said the 1% are bad. Bad as in crooked.

Reactions: KBVol
As a proud law enforcement officer, I find the anti police rhetoric in this thread horrifying. I'm honestly deeply saddened that some people can be this blind to what police face every day. Sure, there are bad apples in our ranks but there are bad attorneys, teachers, preachers, factory workers etc. Funny how you never see the 1% of those professions representing the other 99%. Some of you people are sickening.
And the sad part is, this type of rhetoric will only make things worse. It will run off alot of quality applicants that would make good officers.
Police are a segment of society and of course, human. With that, you will have officers that dont handle the job well, just like every other profession.
People would take a look at the recruiting struggles of agencies everwhere. Constant hating cops and assuming all white cops are racist, will bring you more problems in the future.
DOJ estimates nearly 70 million police related interactions annually. About .04 % result in any level of force being used. This shows us that 1. The overwhelming majority of cops do their job pretty good and 2. The overwhelming majority of people of all races are cooperative with police.

Here is a pretty good article about this subject.
The DOJ’s Policing Statistics Don’t Lie | National Review

This kid shouldn’t be kicked off the team for hitting a cop. He should be kicked off for not knocking the cop out with the punch and then not being able to out run them.

Reasons people become cops:
1. Too stupid and lazy to go to college.
2. Too stupid and lazy to major in something other than criminal justice.
3. Can’t qualify for the Marine Corp.
4. Cousin became sheriff and offered job. It’s better than working the local Hardee’s drive-thru.
5. Enjoys working closely to other men in cop uniforms.
6. Likes harassing black people.

**** you.

I've had several conversations with family members in law enforcement about this type of thing. It's hard to bring people into the field who sincerely want to be a part of it because of ******** like this making them into an enemy before they ever put on the uniform. So they head off to a job where they're not an enemy on Day 1, and you and up with the military rejects putting on the uniform.

Also, training used to be much more intensive. The academy is now two to three weeks shorter than when my dad went through in the 70s and has been gutted of much of the the community policing and interpersonal skills training because of budget cuts and administrative overhead.

And we wonder how situations like Ferguson spiraled out of control.

Reactions: tennvols77
The last ticket I got had a place for the speed he clocked me and a place for what I was being charged with. No lie, he was just cutting me a break.
That's weird. Ive heard some young cops do that and ive called them out. They do it cause they are too scared to enforce that they want to enforce so they make it look like they are doing a favor, when actually they were not. Maybe the laws are different, but in alabama there are two speeding laws, speeding and 25 over (there are a few others depending on the circumstance...school zone, workers etc) so if you are in a 50 doing 74 and the officer only rights you for 65...they didnt do you a favor.

I didn't say 1% do it poorly, I said the 1% are bad. Bad as in crooked.

How many would you say do it poorly and then lie to cover up their incompetence?

1% of all cops is a really big number. So don’t act like it’s only 1%. They are all carrying a gun and have the rest of the 1% helping with the crookedness and the rest for the most part trying to protect and serve all the jackwagons that don’t know how to behave either.

**** you.

I've had several conversations with family members in law enforcement about this type of thing. It's hard to bring people into the field who sincerely want to be a part of it because of ******** like this making them into an enemy before they ever put on the uniform. So they head off to a job where they're not an enemy on Day 1, and you and up with the military rejects putting on the uniform.

Also, training used to be much more intensive. The academy is now two to three weeks shorter than when my dad went through in the 70s and has been gutted of much of the the community policing and interpersonal skills training because of budget cuts and administrative overhead.

The academy is 12 weeks now in Tennessee about to go to 14. In the 70's it was like 6 weeks.

**** you.

I wouldnt put much stock in it, dude is clearly an idiot. I wasnt.rejected from the Marines, spent 23 years there. Now in policing.

Academies vary based on size of departments, but ours has added more training in those areas.

If you havent read the ferguson report, you should. It spiraled out of control because local politicians pushed officers to write tickets and arrest lower income people. Then they would.urge courts to dismiss on court cost. Simply put, they used police as.a revenue source for the city. Yet people continue to support local politicians.

That's weird. Ive heard some young cops do that and ive called them out. They do it cause they are too scared to enforce that they want to enforce so they make it look like they are doing a favor, when actually they were not. Maybe the laws are different, but in alabama there are two speeding laws, speeding and 25 over (there are a few others depending on the circumstance...school zone, workers etc) so if you are in a 50 doing 74 and the officer only rights you for 65...they didnt do you a favor.

He said that the ticket would be less because of how he wrote it. $190 was plenty to get me to slow down until he was out of sight.

I was distracted while driving fooling with trying to open some earmuffs for my son to wear to a ballgame. He acts like it’s too loud. I told him if it’s too loud your too old, he didn’t get it, he’s only 5. So I’m trying to get into the plastic wrap, it was serious. We see the blue lights, he had someone pulled over so I ease up and keep working on the plastics wrap, he finished with the other guy pulls me over and writes the ticket. I asked him if he had a pair of scissors or a knife I could borrow to open it but he said no. So he pulls away a from me after another guy. I think it was what some call a speed trap.

We ended up stopping at a stop and rob to buy a knife. The only one they had was a key chain knife that looks like a bullet. So now we have a bullet knife.

Reactions: volfannbama
The academy is 12 weeks now in Tennessee about to go to 14. In the 70's it was like 6 weeks.

Huh. I'll ask my dad; he's the one complaining about training cuts and Maverick young officers when we talk about it. He's been a desk jockey for years now. If he's wrong, I'll keep my mouth shut with him and apologize to you all here.

This kid shouldn’t be kicked off the team for hitting a cop. He should be kicked off for not knocking the cop out with the punch and then not being able to out run them.

Reasons people become cops:
1. Too stupid and lazy to go to college.
2. Too stupid and lazy to major in something other than criminal justice.
3. Can’t qualify for the Marine Corp.
4. Cousin became sheriff and offered job. It’s better than working the local Hardee’s drive-thru.
5. Enjoys working closely to other men in cop uniforms.
6. Likes harassing black people.

A good friend of mine may he Rest In Peace I guess was to stupid to become a cop, graduate at the top of his class, rise through the ranks, become chief in arguably one of the worst cities, be recruited to the FBI, and again rise to the top of his class, and before he passed was a special adviser to the governor. Never once did he take bribes, never once did he assault anyone, never once did he cross the line. He did it the right way for many years and was a proud and respected member of the community. The label that all Policemen and women are the same is the biggest crock of ****. There are a lot of good ones out there who do it the right way. It’s pieces of trash like you who lump them all together because you refuse to take accountability for your actions so someone had to hold you accountable. Continue to be an ******* though it’s probably the only thing you do right in life.

26E9FC5A-B12B-4EC8-9B72-0D24E8464592.png26E9FC5A-B12B-4EC8-9B72-0D24E8464592.png

Which one is it? Remember it’s dark, raining, and you’ve only got a second or 2...

Can’t decide? To bad your dead.

Huh. I'll ask my dad; he's the one complaining about training cuts and Maverick young officers when we talk about it. He's been a desk jockey for years now. If he's wrong, I'll keep my mouth shut with him and apologize to you all here.
I don't mean any offense to your dad, but the older generations always complain about the younger generation. Young cops have it so much harder than older ones now. So many more threats, cameras everywhere etc, more diverse communities etc). It's the same for the military. I remember once I was talking to an Army E7,( I was a Marine E9) and he was telling me he was about to retire because the level of solider "they are bring in now just isnt what it used to be." He rambled on got 5-10 minutes about it. And I said " I wonder what the older guys thought about us when we were new."

A good friend of mine may he Rest In Peace I guess was to stupid to become a cop, graduate at the top of his class, rise through the ranks, become chief in arguably one of the worst cities, be recruited to the FBI, and again rise to the top of his class, and before he passed was a special adviser to the governor. Never once did he take bribes, never once did he assault anyone, never once did he cross the line. He did it the right way for many years and was a proud and respected member of the community. The label that all Policemen and women are the same is the biggest crock of ****. There are a lot of good ones out there who do it the right way. It’s pieces of trash like you who lump them all together because you refuse to take accountability for your actions so someone had to hold you accountable. Continue to be an ******* though it’s probably the only thing you do right in life.

Actually, it isn't pieces of crap non police officers who cause their perception. It is them closing ranks around each other like a herd of Buffalo defending each other no matter what. Labeling cops who go after dirty cops as traitors. If good cops want to change the perception, start ridding themselves of the cancers they've allowed to perpetuate, whether that is 1 in 1000, or 1 in 10. They need to clean that house from the inside. It's not the civilian populations problem that their house has enough trash in it that we can see it from the streets when we walk by.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Actually, it isn't pieces of crap non police officers who cause their perception. It is them closing ranks around each other like a herd of Buffalo defending each other no matter what. Labeling cops who go after dirty cops as traitors. If good cops want to change the perception, start ridding themselves of the cancers they've allowed to perpetuate, whether that is 1 in 1000, or 1 in 10. They need to clean that house from the inside. It's not the civilian populations problem that their house has enough trash in it that we can see it from the streets when we walk by.
Lol, been a cop 13 years. Every cop I know that has been fired was turned on by another cop...but ok..

Reactions: butchna

There are cops in certain agencies that do really honorable work. The reason people have such a negative viewpoint of certain other police (I believe mostly small town or county police) is because they work for a broken justice system. They've become money collectors. When you see someone arrested they're often stuck with 4 or 5 separate charges, all that come with hundreds in fines. I'm not saying those people aren't guilty of those charges, but I wonder what percentage of the time they're actually hurting anybody or causing any real societal problem. Even among the strict law-abiding citizenry almost everyone has gotten a speeding ticket. They have a quota for a reason. Then there's the shooting of unarmed citizens, often unfairly covered by the media or just not given with the proper context. Anyway, this is not to take away from police who put their lives on the line to protect others. Just trying to reason why cops are viewed in a negative light.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back