Vols Defensive Back Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Just curious who you are going to call or hope shows up when you or a loved one is in serious trouble? Robbed, raped, injured, abused or worse? I hate blanket accusations.
I'm going to call the police and expect them to do their jobs.

Interesting that you mentioned acts of violence ("Robbed, raped, injured, abused or worse?") with regards to needing a cop when the story in question is apparently just a person partying in the street on spring break.

So he attempted to resist the urge to be arrested? Takes some moxie to do that.

Whole lotta politics and societal issues being discussed in here....please take it to the politics thread.

Back to George....has this idiot, who was given a golden opportunity here by Pruitt only to piss on it and completely disrespect JP and staff after he was clearly told to “behave and handle his business” during spring break, like all the players were last week.....been dismissed from the program yet?

Cut him quickly, and let’s either go get a grad transfer at a position of need, or give his scholly to a walk-on who’s busting his arse and doing things the right way because he has the kind of character and judgment needed to help build a positive program culture so sorely needed at this time.

I'm going to call the police and expect them to do their jobs.

Interesting that you mentioned acts of violence ("Robbed, raped, injured, abused or worse?") with regards to needing a cop when the story in question is apparently just a person partying in the street on spring break.

Let me break it down a bit for you, since you seem to be wanting to conflate your own agenda here...
  • The first statement you quoted was in direct response to another poster that made extremely broad generalizations about police and law enforcement in general. The examples had no correlation to the case at hand. It was more of a curiosity to what the poster I was directing my question to would do if he were in a dire situation since he held law enforcement in contempt as he appears to.
  • The next part of my post explained that I do not believe in such large generalizations of any profession or people, and explained my reasons for feeling this way based on my direct experience with various members of law enforcement.
  • The last part of my post was an indication that the legal process in this particular case will take place and I believe the UT administration will make a good decision based on the information at hand. If this turns out to be "just a person partying in the street" then the consequences will be and should be small.
Hope this helps you out.

Whole lotta politics and societal issues being discussed in here....please take it to the politics thread.

Back to George....has this idiot, who was given a golden opportunity here by Pruitt only to piss on it and completely disrespect JP and staff after he was clearly told to “behave and handle his business” during spring break, like all the players were last week.....been dismissed from the program yet?

Cut him quickly, and let’s either go get a grad transfer at a position of need, or give his scholly to a walk-on who’s busting his arse and doing things the right way because he has the kind of character and judgment needed to help build a positive program culture so sorely needed at this time.
2020, who you got?

Huh. Just curious who you are going to call or hope shows up when you or a loved one is in serious trouble? Robbed, raped, injured, abused or worse? I hate blanket accusations.

I've known police all my life... Have relatives that are in law enforcement. Like every facet of life, there are people who are bad actors. Police especially have a chance to let the power they have go to their heads, and I have seen some very over-zealous police officers, and ones that are up to no good. By and extremely large, however, the ones I know and have known would lay down their lives in a second for someone else no matter their race, sex or social station and do live to serve in a largely thankless, dangerous and severely underpaid job. </rant>

As for the subject at hand with this case, I'm sure the facts will come out and the current UT administration will handle it just fine.

I really appreciate our men/women in uniform, but the truth of the matter is that it's unlikely the police will be there to "prevent" the assault/crime. They'll take care of the report and try to apprehend the suspect, but at the end of the day, it's an individual responsibility to defend oneself and ones family. This is why the second amendment is a firewall in our society. The only person that will be there to take care of you is...well...you. Yeah, I'm one of "those" people.

Let me break it down a bit for you, since you seem to be wanting to conflate your own agenda here...
  • The first statement you quoted was in direct response to another poster that made extremely broad generalizations about police and law enforcement in general. The examples had no correlation to the case at hand. It was more of a curiosity to what the poster I was directing my question to would do if he were in a dire situation since he held law enforcement in contempt as he appears to.
  • The next part of my post explained that I do not believe in such large generalizations of any profession or people, and explained my reasons for feeling this way based on my direct experience with various members of law enforcement.
  • The last part of my post was an indication that the legal process in this particular case will take place and I believe the UT administration will make a good decision based on the information at hand. If this turns out to be "just a person partying in the street" then the consequences will be and should be small.
Hope this helps you out.
It helps. But in the end, I was mainly addressing the first part of your post (the portion I quoted). You posed a question to that other poster and I chimed in with an answer of my own. If a crime occurs (meaning act of violence), I would expect the police to come and do their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back