Vols: Back in Black, Pearl's comments

I'm kind of scared. You remember the last team this season to wear black against alabama? It was in football and it wasn't pretty. I'm all vol, and live on the Georgia, S. Carolina line. I have a couple of friends who are bama's, and I got so tired of hearing “You know how to clean a Georgia blackout? With Crimson Tide.”

Last edited:
"I'm not a UT graduate, but I don't see the harm." And that is exactly why you should have no real say as to what colors UT wears. Black is not one of our colors. We are not the Tennessee Halloweenies. We are the Tennessee Volunteers. We are Orange and White.
Somebody needs to also remind Summitt of that fact. More blue every year! I believe they raided Carolina's locker room and swiped their shoes!

Call me a rebel without a cause, but the black and orange is my favorite color combo. My hats, shirts, and jackets are all the black ones with the orange T.

black shoes are 100% better than the orange shoes

i know orange and white are our colors.... but nobody should ever wear orange shoes

I'm all for the black uni's. Some of you guys need to find something else to worry about. Wearing black is not a huge deal.

But, I guess you liked those AWFUL orange seats in TBA, too

i dunno about black uni's

UGA, USCjr & Vandy all wear black football and basketball jerseys
UF has black basketball jerseys

Do we really want to be the 4th team out of 5 in our division to adopt a black uniform??

+1

but, the black shoes on Friday the 13th could only help our chances in a tournament that usually brings out our worst.

No, one whammy counteracts the other whammy, makling the situation whammy neutral.

It's like crossing your fingers twice.

Do we really want to be the 4th team out of 5 in our division to adopt a black uniform??

Apparently we need to embrace what's commonplace.

If we win, the black is fine. However, if we lose, prepare to hear jokes from Bammers.

I've noticed that a lot more of the UT Addidas gear for sale is in black and you see more black hats, shorts etc on the coaching staff. I do however, not want to see us go to a black football uniform. The shamecocks wear it sometimes and so do the dawgs. I think we need to stick to orange at home and full white on the road (but with the numerals outlined). Kind of a purist I guess.

Not a fan of the Black. Its ok in Basketball, but in Football it would be a bad move. Schools with verry little or no tradition (Gamecocks, Vandy) need these type of gimmicks but UT's traditions in Football are what they are. Since UT basketball has much less established tradition than the football program, i am ok with trying it there. Just don't try it in football.

i dunno about black uni's

UGA, USCjr & Vandy all wear black football and basketball jerseys
UF has black basketball jerseys

We'd be the 6th...now Kentucky is wearing black uniforms.

Who cares what they wear?

If they want to go out and where Orange and Purple I wouldn't mind as long as they play a little defense along the way....

With that said...with the way they've played D most the year, I say put em in a pink mumu.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If they want to go out and where Orange and Purple I wouldn't mind as long as they play a little defense along the way....

With that said...with the way they've played D most the year, I say put em in a pink mumu.
whoa now.

Now that is a ridiculous color combination.

I've noticed that a lot more of the UT Addidas gear for sale is in black and you see more black hats, shorts etc on the coaching staff. I do however, not want to see us go to a black football uniform. The shamecocks wear it sometimes and so do the dawgs. I think we need to stick to orange at home and full white on the road (but with the numerals outlined). Kind of a purist I guess.

i agreed w/ everything except in the bold. on the road i'd love to have white shirts, and orange pants w/ 2 white stripes down the leg.

I am a traditionalist. I admit it. No black, period. If they come out in black then I have watched my last UT basketball game.

I am a traditionalist. I admit it. No black, period. If they come out in black then I have watched my last UT basketball game.

So by your assertion a fan has to be a traditionalist?

So you're basically giving up on your favorite team because they wear a certain color? What a load of crap.

VN Store

Back