Vols: Back in Black, Pearl's comments

"I'm not a UT graduate, but I don't see the harm." And that is exactly why you should have no real say as to what colors UT wears. Black is not one of our colors. We are not the Tennessee Halloweenies. We are the Tennessee Volunteers. We are Orange and White.

is this shoe thing really happening? i could care less if they were black, but didn't we get new shoes last year at this time and they were a real issue with performance on the court? it would be nice if these guys could actually get the opportunity to test and break them in before we have a tournament on the line.

Comments about this being the AL team that was picked to win the west dont help either. Without RSteele, this team struggles badly to shoot the ball.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bama was shooting 29-percent beyond the arc with R. Steele and Gottfried -- they have shot 40-percent from 3 since both are gone.

Those are the facts. They don't live with the perimeter game, anyway.

The penetrate, rebound and get put-backs.

Comments about this being the AL team that was picked to win the west dont help either. Without RSteele, this team struggles badly to shoot the ball.
I know at least one person who didn't pick Alabama to win the West.

"I'm not a UT graduate, but I don't see the harm." And that is exactly why you should have no real say as to what colors UT wears. Black is not one of our colors. We are not the Tennessee Halloweenies. We are the Tennessee Volunteers. We are Orange and White.

holy dickens its okay

Bama was shooting 29-percent beyond the arc with R. Steele and Gottfried -- they have shot 40-percent from 3 since both are gone.

Those are the facts. They don't live with the perimeter game, anyway.

The penetrate, rebound and get put-backs.
I don't care what they have shot of late, they suck because they can't shoot. Maybe that inside game could have won a few if everyone didn't have the luxury of collapsing on it at will.

Good article Griff. Alabama certainly is playing well right now and will definitely pose a serious challenge tomorrow. I'm also glad you clarified the Bruce leaving situation.

And you should?

I should note, that I don't care about black sneakers. The alternate jersey talk is what got me fired up.

Black has been a part of our color scheme in multiple sports for at least 60 years.

The last thing I want to read is what a sportswriter who's always quick to point out that he's "not a Tennessee fan" thinks about our colors.

I'm neither a journalist nor a News-Sentinel subscriber, but I think the paper ought to require its staff to wear hot pink golf shirts and little bowler hats to all the events they cover. It would be a great way to increase the paper's visibility and increase awareness of the brand. I don't see the harm.

Not a Tennessee fan?

An example, from another column on what he thinks about uniform colors:
"I'm not a Tennessee fan -- there is no rooting interest here."

I love how now that Mike Griffith, Sportswriter, has what his employer is marketing as a "blog," he feels free to start dishing out his opinions on our colors, our pep band, our cheerleaders' uniforms, and even how crappy he thinks the architecture on campus is.

You know what, Mike? Nobody cares what you think about that stuff. Cover the damn games.

We are not the Tennessee Halloweenies. We are the Tennessee Volunteers. We are Orange and White.

+1

but, the black shoes on Friday the 13th could only help our chances in a tournament that usually brings out our worst.

Last edited:

It can't hurt us in this tournament. Why not try and switch it up a little? I think it is pretty sweet and unique.

VN Store

Back