Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank ya.

See, I had been debating doing that for the leather helmet era unis I've put on here so far, but figured with how alot of people are about the black, I sure didn't wanna open a new can with the brown...but I admit, I have been curious to see how that'd look. : )>

The Redskins leather throwback helmet this past season looked pretty good IMO

news_pic_0027.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
The uniforms are working fine. The problem is that we've spent almost a decade with an imbecile as AD, have a douchebag for a chancellor and were coached by one of the worst coaches in SEC history for the last 3 years. But keep telling yourself that our uniforms are the problem. When Alabama spent the better part of a decade wandering in the desert, did they correct their problem by hiring a great coaching staff, or did they fix it by trotting out on the field in some embarrassing flavor-of-the-month uniforms?
I'm not saying uniforms are going to make us win. I'm saying there is nothing wrong with changing them. More positives would come from it than negatives. Tradition is nice when your old enough to appreciate, but we're talking about kids. In a world where fashion, customization, style, flare, eye candy, pizzazz, swag, hip things garner more attention than tradition. Hell it could even be used as a recruiting tool for big players. Come here and we'll let you, help us pick what uniforms the team will use next year. lol if I was cbj I'd release a slick jersey now just to let kids think, man I'd like to be in thosenext yr. Bottom line is its somewhat of an edge, it's fun, the kids love them and it draws attention. Besides us most people think our Orange is ugly. It's not a very fashionable color. other styles opens the door for marketing which gives more options to get the "brand" out

I'm not saying uniforms are going to make us win. I'm saying there is nothing wrong with changing them. More positives would come from it than negatives. Tradition is nice when your old enough to appreciate, but we're talking about kids. In a world where fashion, customization, style, flare, eye candy, pizzazz, swag, hip things garner more attention than tradition. Hell it could even be used as a recruiting tool for big players. Come here and we'll let you, help us pick what uniforms the team will use next year. lol if I was cbj I'd release a slick jersey now just to let kids think, man I'd like to be in thosenext yr. Bottom line is its somewhat of an edge, it's fun, the kids love them and it draws attention. Besides us most people think our Orange is ugly. It's not a very fashionable color. other styles opens the door for marketing which gives more options to get the "brand" out

Says somebody who didn't field angry calls from fans, corporate sponsors and major boosters when we trotted out black in 2009.

There has to be one uni that everyone could like. Doesn't have to have black.

Black would be just fine sans orange pants and white helmets.

Black with white pants/helmets would look alright.

I'd like to see a white uniform set similar to MSU's snow bowl uniforms. I made this mock-up last season:
mqQ40.png

We would be the joke of the nation if we wore those 1914 throwbacks

UT is currently the joke of the nation.

It is about winning. And we aren't.

I would love any kinda of change for a certain game or just to change it up a bit.

We have got to get rid of of those white shoes this year. They make us look like fairies. I remember when we switched to them a few years ago, all the old people were saying "I like white shoes, they make us look faster". I bet you will find, NO ONE who says that after last year. The only people who think white shoes make you look fast are slow old white people and my 6 year old daughter.(She also thinks they make you jump higher)

I think something like this would be cool...kinda like Boise State wrapped their logo around the helmet a couple seasons back, but keep tradition...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: 7 people
I am watching Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl.... and I noticed that they inverted the colors on their helmet. Their helmets used to be Maroon with a white TAM emblem... Now the helmets are White with a maroon TAM emblem.

What is enlightening is that I don't feel like their tradition has been diminished at all. But I do feel as if they are creating a new identity. They have a new look... New conference... And a Heisman QB.

After 5 years of playing below our "tradition"... A new look would be a great step for the Butch Jones era. Anyone who says that we should never change uniform design because of "tradition" is in deep denial about our recent history, and are clueless about the current environment of college football. We somehow want to never change in order to remain in the "no change" club with Alabama and Penn State. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back