Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps their time would be better spent doing a little research on who those people are so they could actually be proud to wear UT's uniform rather than spent pushing for these embarrassing black or chrome abominations. :)

you are suggesting that players that dont share your opinion about uniforms cant appreciate the history of the program. this is so ridiculous. i may be wrong, but im pretty sure Eric Berry approached Kiffin about black jerseys. he was one of the best, most high character players to ever wear a Vols uniform.

Reactions: 1 person
Arnett hasnt played much this season. Heard he had trouble learning their offense.

side note,

I feel like our defense could stop MSU's offense. By god that was a difficult game to watch

I can see the people thats say that black is not our collor has not done their research....tennessee had black jerseys with orange numbers back in the 20s...imo stud athelets would give UT more of a look if they would change-up the uni every once in a while...i love orange and white but i like it better with some black in it....

you are suggesting that players that dont share your opinion about uniforms cant appreciate the history of the program. this is so ridiculous. i may be wrong, but im pretty sure Eric Berry approached Kiffin about black jerseys. he was one of the best, most high character players to ever wear a Vols uniform.

I bet schools like USC never change their uniforms.

off topic but it looks like Notre Dame changedtheir helmet paint completely. are my eyes just getting old?

No, I think HD TV's are just getting better. I think they did alter the color of their pants this year. In the past they've always been shiny and almost matched the helmets, this season they've more of a flat look to them.

Haven't watched much , but just curious has D. Arnett been playing? If so, is he playing good.

Arnett had to sit out this year because he transferred.

I was at the game and I didn't see him on the sideline. He got a waiver to play this year because of his Dad's health. MSU's website says he has 3 catches for 69 yards this season.

Arnett hasnt played much this season. Heard he had trouble learning their offense.

side note,

I feel like our defense could stop MSU's offense. By god that was a difficult game to watch

Thats because he had to sit out this season because of him transferring...Damn do any of you keep up with UT football anymore?

Son, I sit not because of "tradition", but from bad knees and feet. My wife sits because of two hip replacements and a fused disc in her back. Maybe UT could save a lot of money by having one side of the stadium designated as standing only. My opinion is that you will regret those words if your mouth lets you live long enough.:)

Sometimes "our" fans seem to forget that all of the people that attend the games are not less than 40 years old.

off topic but it looks like Notre Dame changedtheir helmet paint completely. are my eyes just getting old?

No, they completely re-did them last year. They ended the longstanding tradition of manually painting the helmets gold each week and went to a permanent gloss created by a graphics company that does many of the flashy new helmet designs.

Here's a great story on them making the change: Gold Returns To The Notre Dame Football Helmets - UND.COM - University of Notre Dame Official Athletic Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back