VN Opinion: Do we get to 6 wins?

Likely Win % IMO
80+ UAB, Vandy
60 KY
40 SC
30 Mizzou
0 Alabama

I'll say 5 wins for us, we need to take care of business and score an upset to get to 6 and I find doing both very unlikely.

My current projection has us at 26% to bowl.

65% of 5-7+ (at least not stepping backwards)

Likely Win % IMO
80+ UAB, Vandy
60 KY
40 SC
30 Mizzou
0 Alabama

I'll say 5 wins for us, we need to take care of business and score an upset to get to 6 and I find doing both very unlikely.

If you have uab and vandy at just a flat 80%...

Your odds come to 30% bowl chances.

Close to mine. I'm not quite as optimistic about mizzou and usc (changing if hilinski is out). 90% vs uab.

No-Bama is a write off, 0% on a good day. SC is playing Hard, against competition that blew us away, 5%, what else need be said.

Just as simple as the title states, do you personally see us getting to at least 6 wins given the rest of our schedule? If so, what are the games on the schedule that you see us willing to put us at 6+ wins?

No, any win this team gets will be hard fought. Thin as a razor at some positions and the grind is far from over. Every game after Bama will be 50/50, and that probably how it will end up.

IF and that is a big IF, we play the rest of the games at least as good as we played Saturday we have a chance. If not we go 5-7 again.

Just going to state the obvious. It depends on QB play. If BM improves and stops turning the ball over while continuing to make plays or Shrout comes in and does it then UT has a shot at 6 and an outside shot at 7. If neither does or they go back to JG... then it is very, very unlikely.

The OL is getting better. The D will have fits and starts but looked much better vs an MSU O that had success against other opponents. UT held them to their lowest total O of the year... 267 yds vs Auburn next lowest at 334.

The D will be outmanned at times but we've now seen what it can look like when they have more talent and depth.

So it really comes down to QB play. With good QB play in the first 4 games, UT would be 4-2 at this point and almost a lock for a bowl.

No.

I really hope that we will, but other than UAB, what games look like likely wins? We’ve shown how bad we can play against GA St., and if that game proved anything it’s that we can easily lose to anyone at any time. There is not much of a margin for error.

South Carolina just showed that they can do what we couldn’t even get close to doing against UGA (not GA State, UGA). Our game against the Bulldogs wasn’t remotely competitive other than the 1st QTR and a little of the 2nd.

UK. Maybe. But it’s on the road.

Missouri. Probably not. I can’t believe that Derek Dooley, the 2nd worst coach in the history of UT, finally figured out how to coach as the Tigers’ OC. It’s our luck.

Vandy - Hell, after the way we laid down last year I’d hope that we’d be out for blood this season . . . but I keep pointing to GA State. The stench of that loss will take years to erase, if ever.

But then again, who knows? Maybe the guys finally found something deep down yesterday that will put them on the right path. MSU isn’t very good, but it was a fairly solid performance.

Oh, what the heck . . . VOLS finish 6-6!!!

Yes.

Before MSU...no.
Today...yes.

After watching the UGA game again...we were way more competitive in that game than I realized. Honestly we only played about a cumulative 5 mins of bad football. A couple of small things go our way instead of against us...we win that game. It was WAY closer than the score. I think the players felt that.

Same sort of thing with MSU...it wasn’t anywhere near as close as the score. Get points instead of the red zone INTs and Maurer not injured...that could have been more like a 42-10 win.

I do actually suspect UGA isn’t as good as everyone thought, so while I’m impressed with USCjr winning....I don’t know if it says more about them or Georgia. We will find out soon enough. Their matchup against FL is going to be one to watch....if Kentucky (who is definitely not very good) has something for UGA....it will make me feel better about us beating USCjr. I don’t think there is a way to 6 without beating the Cocks. Missouri away will be a much harder win.

I’m just glad to see an improved Tennessee team....the first month of this season was disturbing.

These prediction of a bowl, and wins over MO and SC, are a little bit premature, or, a lot premature. See how you feel after BAMA, we may not have all our players ready to play after this game, i.e. injuries may be a big part of the game. BAMA knows what UGA did to us a couple of years ago, in Neyland, they may want to "Better" that at home. It seems we have a lot of Vols willing to write off a win against BAMA (everyone else included) but it is going to be brutal, a ton of their players will be professionals in 2020-and they play that way now.

Ceiling now is 5-7. We have a better chance of beating USCjr than Mizz. USCjr is beatable. UGA sh!t the bed badly yesterday.

If we go 5-7 MAYBE we get a Big Lots Bowl bid because we travel so well.

VN Store

Back