Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile

Sucks to hear. Took me about 2 hrs over s few days. Worth it to save hundreds.

I'm naturally cheap is the only reason I gave this a shot, plus I don't use my phone a lot. They have called back twice trying to get me to change my service and both times I have told them that I am not interested in changing. Apparently Southern American doesn't translate well with Chinglish and they refuse to take no for an answer.
If they call again, I'll just block their phone number. I'm somewhat waiting for them to surreptitiously just port my number over and then it's game on.

Gotta buy a new phone. Can’t bring your own. I had considered it but that killed it for me.

I'm thinking that too but with their 0% I'll still be saving about $40 not counting the $500 gift card.

I'll have to see how long I'll stay here.

Ended up switching to AT&T. *had to have 1 of the major carriers for the X

With the military discount, Autopay, paperless, and DirecTV Now discount ($30 total), it makes it worth it. And streaming DTVN doesn't use data.

Ended up switching to AT&T. *had to have 1 of the major carriers for the X

With the military discount, Autopay, paperless, and DirecTV Now discount ($30 total), it makes it worth it. And streaming DTVN doesn't use data.

Wanted to do this by my landlord won’t let me have directv

Going to Verizon today due to a war with Sprint/Asurion. **** them. In all honesty the folks on the Sprint end have been gracious, but I'm not paying for a phone I sent back.

Seriously thinking about downgrading to Straight Talk lol.

Othe than the s****y tablet plans, I would have stayed. 15 GB for $55 or 10 for $45 for the phones.

The kiddo used nearly a GB in one day streaming. That ain’t gonna work when traveling lol

The price of phones is following the path of football coach buyouts. I've always gotten mine for free or a nominal charge, including this Moto Droid (which I love) close to two years ago. My son's recent iPhone was $700, and my wife paid about that much for her Android phone last month, and that was with a "discount!" Now, I hear of people paying a grand for the new Apple phones. I just don't get it, with the insane amount you still have to pay for monthly service.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Had them for a number of years and while expensive AF, the service has been solid.
I had Verizon for years (10+). They’re coverage is the best in most places, but I was tired of paying out the a**. They’re only slightly more expensive now

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the T-Mobile “getoutofthered” promotion? Where you can switch from Verizon and they’ll pay off your phone up from up to $650 if you have a newer phone? You get to keep your phone and number.

Thinking about it, get Netflix free with T-Mobile and other cool extras

The price of phones is following the path of football coach buyouts. I've always gotten mine for free or a nominal charge, including this Moto Droid (which I love) close to two years ago. My son's recent iPhone was $700, and my wife paid about that much for her Android phone last month, and that was with a "discount!" Now, I hear of people paying a grand for the new Apple phones. I just don't get it, with the insane amount you still have to pay for monthly service.
It's insane. I think I paid $150 for this Samsung J3 I have, and I've been using it for over 2 years now with no problems. I really don't need anything more high tech.

VN Store

Back