Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile

Made the switch to T-Mobile.

Saving $60/ month and getting unlimited data instead of 12 GB.

Not a carrier comparison but a tale of two experiences. Went to one Verizon store in Nashville with a damaged phone looking for replacement and to see if I could get a better rate. I have not changed phones in awhile and i was expecting a free phone with a new contract only it doesn't work that way anymore. After pulling my account the clerk/salesman immediately steers me to a Samsung G7, we spend more time looking at covers than phones. Then he goes hard sell on something called hub that pretty much replicates a free service on my carcalled Intelilink. He gets upset when I won't buy the hub, starts slamming things around on the counter, then tries to tell me my legacy plan is the best deal he will give me. I walked. Went to Cool Springs where my account was pulled and I was informed that my phone had a protection plan and would be replaced by a newer model for 99 (my bad for not knowing but the guy in Nashville sure didn't tell me this) then they added 3 gigs to my data limit and cut my monthly plan rate almost in half. Luckily I had the sense to walk away from the first store but I couldn't help wondering how many people have been screwed because they dealt with the wrong person.

FWIW the difference in what it would've cost me to go with the store 1 offering would've been over 2 grand over a 2 year period. I'd have a newer phone that probably does lots of things I'll never need a phone to do but I'd also have 3 gigs less data on 4g, which I also probably don't need.

Last edited:
It may have been that the first store was an authorized "Verizon Store" instead of an actual Verizon Store.

It may have been that the first store was an authorized "Verizon Store" instead of an actual Verizon Store.

This was the case with me and Sprint, the franchise store was and is an absolute **** show, questionable information, unwilling to repair anything without a fight, just a miserable place. The corporate store is very easy to deal with.

I got Sprint Unlimited for a year for free. Taxes and gov fees run about $4 month.

I'll take it.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html?ECID=vanity:1yearfree

Their coverage is absolutely terrible. They couldn't pay me to ever go back to Sprint

*not a bad deal if you have a second line with a company that will actually work

I'm guessing you haven't had a line on Sprint in years.

For $500+ savings, I'll take Sprint. It's not the best but it's fine for me. Very few times I don't have a workable signal...and those 2 or 3 times a year aren't worth hundreds of bucks.

The company discount will probably fall off in time, but if your still getting it I certainly wouldn't say anything.

We kept my wife's Covenant discount almost a year after she left that job. They aren't always on top of things.

If TMobile will just get some better roaming agreements around east TN I'll probably just stay with them. They've got some dead spots that are problematic but I'm hoping they're fixed soon. Otherwise I'll have to look towards Verizon...

Having to switch to Verizon next week.

TMO is absolutely dead where we spend about 40% of our weekends on Douglas Lake as well as my wife's office. We had hoped the roaming agreements would kick in but they just haven't. Disappointing because I love the service otherwise.

Sprint is getting desperate. 5 lines for $90

Ya got any more of them friend?
ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

Switched to t-Mobile and I was only on it for 9 days, before switching back to Verizon. Absolutely pathetic cellular service. I'll happily pay more for guaranteed service with Verizon.

Having to switch to Verizon next week.

TMO is absolutely dead where we spend about 40% of our weekends on Douglas Lake as well as my wife's office. We had hoped the roaming agreements would kick in but they just haven't. Disappointing because I love the service otherwise.

If this lakehouse has wifi and your phone supports it you could easily do wifi calling.

At&T and Verizon dominate the market.. It is whoever gives you best deal on phones/upgarde-turn in when you are up. AT&T has a deal now that if you switch they will lower you direct TV bill by $25 per month

If this lakehouse has wifi and your phone supports it you could easily do wifi calling.

I know that. We've limped along on a borrowed hotspot when up there, but that isn't a permanent solution at all.

Wifi isn't an option, DSL and satellite are the only broadband options as far out as it is and it just isn't needed at a weekend place.

TMO is fantastic...where it works. There's just too many dead spots (not weak, dead). It doesn't appear they're quite built out enough for rural areas yet, and for whatever reason they're dragging their feet on roaming agreements.

I'm thinking of going to xfinity. $45 a month for unlimited data. I'll need to do an audit as to how much I use monthly as its $12 per gig otherwise.

I'm thinking of going to xfinity. $45 a month for unlimited data. I'll need to do an audit as to how much I use monthly as its $12 per gig otherwise.

Gotta buy a new phone. Can’t bring your own. I had considered it but that killed it for me.

Well my experience was a disaster. Ordered the sim and paid the $2.99 for the sim and $10 to ship it overnight. Followed the instructions and Sprint asked for my account number and PIN number. I didn't have a clue, so I went to Verizon and found my account number but as far as I know I've never had a PIN number so I tried my password. Sprint didn't like my account number or PIN/password. I went ahead and put in my phone number for the account number and the same PIN number I always use and waited 30 minutes to put sim card in. No service. Waited another 30 minutes and still no service.

Pulled out the sim and put the Verizon sim back in and the phone worked as it did before. As I am typing this I got a call from some barely English speaking rep from Sprint wanting to help my change over to Sprint. After 3 or 4 times of telling them I could barely understand them I told them I didn't want their service and hung up.

It's no wonder they offer their service for free because they suck at doing even the most basic thing like changing service. Not to mention the call center seems to be based in China and they didn't spend the money on the good English speakers either.

So I'll stick with Verizon and pay my $80 a month.

VN Store

Back