Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile

I ageee.

For me, though, my kids use an absolutely ridiculous amount of data. It's crazy.

My life has been so much simpler since we switched to unlimited a while back. No more talks about "how have you used 90% of your data in a week?" followed by "you are going to have to pay your own overage fees. I'm not doing it anymore." Lol. Good times.

Kids love Instagram, Snapchat and twitter.. it's addictive

This seems to indicate pretty good coverage in your area.

https://fi.google.com/coverage?q=61265

ps. my referral link nets us both money if you join...just sayin. :thumbsup: You prob know it uses both Sprint and TMo. There's also apps available that will allow you pick which one to use.

Just signed up for Fi, and now waiting on my 6P to get here!

Total bill with plan, phone, data, and device protection is $53.61 before taxes. Will be $35 after two years! Sweetness!

I'm surprised my company (US Cellular) didn't do unlimited since we recently changed our data plans.

Meh. Stick with AT&T. Especially if your phone is paid and you're happy with it. International travel is easier than with any other carrier in the US market - activate Intl roaming with a phone call, or buy a short-term plan if you anticipate heavy usage. Keep the same SIM card. No hassles. No wasted $$.

I just buy a phone locally when overseas and get the SIM and calling card minutes for about $50.

Reactions: 1 person
TMo and Fi works in 135+ countries. No alt sim, no extra phone, no calling ahead to enable.

I seen Walmart had a plan for 7GB on a Verizon plan for $45.. But AT&T picks up a heck of a let better up here where I'm at. Cumberland plateau towards McMinnville way.

Except it's throttled at 22gb. Did add tethering though which is interesting

I'm still not sure I trust them enough to give up my current UDP

I changed over to the new plan last week. I had been grandfathered in with my old unlimited plan and never worried or remembered getting throttled on my data, even though they said that it would occur with those of us that were grandfathered in to try and push us towards a tiered plan. I'll give you a review of my experience after the first month, because I was hitting 16-22 GB the last 6 months.

I'm going to Italy for about a month and am trying to figure out my best option for my cell phone. Any suggestions?

Data isn't counted for Spotify,Netflix, and espn app which is awesome. I got it bc it was cheaper than Verizon and I'm happy with it for now

Well it's unlimited anyway (we use about 12 GB per month). I have Verizon but they aren't great here in Clarksville. Plus the price difference is pretty significant.

Usually I don't mind paying Verzion as their service (coverage wise, customer service not so much) is usually awesome.

I am still getting my company discount.

Must be a case by case thing. Someone posted earlier that military still gets their discount. Myself and a few others must be in the group that is excluded. It will probably work itself out within a year or so to where more companies get the discount if I had to bet.

The company discount will probably fall off in time, but if your still getting it I certainly wouldn't say anything.

We kept my wife's Covenant discount almost a year after she left that job. They aren't always on top of things.

If TMobile will just get some better roaming agreements around east TN I'll probably just stay with them. They've got some dead spots that are problematic but I'm hoping they're fixed soon. Otherwise I'll have to look towards Verizon...

Last edited:
I'm going to Italy for about a month and am trying to figure out my best option for my cell phone. Any suggestions?

As long as you have an unlocked GSM phone you can simply swap out the sim card for a local prepaid one.

Here is some more info: Italy | Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Unlike the US a photo id(passport) is required to purchase a sim card in Italy.

Utilize wifi calling when you have access to a wifi as this is free and doesn't use your minutes.

VN Store

Back