VCU rams

I don't really think the Richmond Coliseum stacks up quite to MSG, hey I could be wrong though. Not sure if they have ever played anyone whose fan base travels so well.

On a neutral court the only one who would compare to UT would be Duke at the tourney in '07. Other than that not much...

Are a bad match up for us if we can win against Missouri State.

Missouri State is a likely NCAA team, and they will be a strong challenge. If we can overcome Goins injury, Golden will grow a lot as a freshman and be more ready to provide us with help we need at the PG depth wise going forward.

VCU forced 23 turnovers from Wake Forest while only having 7 themselves. Our sloppy play in taking care of the ball including from the normally extremely sound Tobias Harris will prevent us from advancing through the semifinals if we do not fix it.

Pearl has never had a turnover prone team. I hope he gets it fixed in a hurry. I can stand a loss with a bad shooting night, but losing men on defense and turning the ball over and over drives me up a wall.

And despite all the nonsense folks have contributed since your post, I think you've got a point. I'm worried that those guards are going to eat our lunch. (But, maybe it'll be the game Tobias really breaks out... :))

Our starters up front consist of Veal and Skeen. Both are very physical. Skeen is a little more finesse and has range. Veal brings the intangibles (blocks, rebounds) and is a very physical presence. If either get in foul trouble we can go small, with Burgess playing the 4 or bring in Freshmen Juvonte Reddic or 7 footer DJ Haley. Reddic is a freak athlete who didn't play in our first game and was limit in game number two. However, he played quality minutes against Wake. Haley is raw offensively but has given us some quality minutes so far this season.

I read the "vcu board" a bit ago.

vcu's fans over there are 20 x worse than we are. Calling us hicks, uneducated etc..

I hope the Vols lay an absolute beatdown on vcu tonight. :the_finger:

I read the "vcu board" a bit ago.

vcu's fans over there are 20 x worse than we are. Calling us hicks, uneducated etc..

I hope the Vols lay an absolute beatdown on vcu tonight. :the_finger:

They are also really confident in their team....I think there was only 1 VCU poster that predicted we would win. I hope that one poster is right. GBO!

worst of luck actually to all vcu fans (poor mans colorado state).:Bbiteme:

Good luck tonight Vols :shades:

That went pretty well, very impressed with how Melvin and Trae handled joey rodriguez, that kid is a very good ball player and we shut him down.

Trae's decision making also impressed me yesterday, and it was nice to see Scotty put some work in against a quality mid-major opponent.

Richmond is such a dump that the only thing that will revitalize that city is a tactical nuke. I95 through Richmond has more potholes than the city has people
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Richmond is such a dump that the only thing that will revitalize that city is a tactical nuke. I95 through Richmond has more potholes than the city has people

Last Friday, you said you were going to watch the Vols, and redskins play on consecutive days. I as a Titan fan said, well atleast you will see 1 of your fav. Teams win. Well the joke was on me I see.

I still think it is not a great match up for us with our paucity at PG.

Golden and even Mcbee did a great job eliminating TO's against Missouri St. Let's hope Goins is all healed up.

I think even though they want to run with us that we should expect big Brian W and Tobias Harris to go off down low.

Everyone wants to show out on national television in MSG. But those 2 have some special desire and I think if we feed them we will like the results against the VCU front line.
T. Harris, F 30 5-10 4-8 9 0 2 15

B. Williams, C 25 5-8 2-4 7 2 4 12

VN Store

Back