Vandy becoming the real UT

We are very fortunate Memphis has never been able to sneak their way into a P5. If they had the money to compete, with their easier admissions and recruiting base, they would be a pain in our backside. People in West TN are closer to Panama City Beach than they are to Knoxville. But fortunately, the Tigers have never given them a consistent winner to support.

If if’s and but’s were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas

Vandy will not become TENN, but if the Pruitt hire does not work out, Tenn will become another Vandy. This year there were 20 - 30K empty seats for several games. People move from the stands, to watching at home, to just checking for the score. Name a team winning 6, 7, and 8 games a year that sells out.

The reason the question is even relevant is because of the prevailing incompetence at UT at all levels from administration down to the coaching staff.
In many ways, that's just a narrative. If it was about who had the best run, most committed athletic department, Vandy wouldn't have won a game in 10 years.

Do you sit up at night afraid UT will become Vandy? Bro, we are going to SLAUGHTER wanderbuilt from here on out. Don’t forget we have a new coach with a depleted roster

They have to invest money to get there. So far they haven't shown that commitment. Nashville however is a attractive city to recruits. If they ever do start investing you never know.

Reactions: guido4198
With Vandy owning us the last few years, the new generation only knowing a UT team that loses to Vandy, and Vandy being in the heart of Nashville where almost everyone moving in is from another part of the country and holding no emotional ties to the past or clinging onto stories of the good old days......

Is there a chance that if things do not change in the next few years, that Vandy becomes the new UT and the Vols are left by the side of the road?
No

Vandy just beat Tennessee but they won't do it again for a couple of decades.

I see a lot of pain in the future of Vandy's football program.

Shanker Down!

Lots of smack about Vandy here and UCF in another thread going on..........

I wish I was as happy as their fans right now!

Reactions: TNfan#2
Vandy will not become TENN, but if the Pruitt hire does not work out, Tenn will become another Vandy. This year there were 20 - 30K empty seats for several games. People move from the stands, to watching at home, to just checking for the score. Name a team winning 6, 7, and 8 games a year that sells out.

This post is really more appropriate for the thread earlier about the admn respecting the fans, but wasn't our actual attendance like 92,000 this year? That would be awesome for most schools. But it is continuing a downward trend, and that happened when we had Alabama and FL at home. I'm not one of these "I'll take my small donation and go home" guys, but I really do hope the administration figures out how to repair the relationship with its fanbase.

It’s a valid question....

A lot of boo or gifs but facts are facts.

Vandy in heart of city with 2 million plus metro and growing fast with out of staters.

Much easier to get to stadium.

Winning record over UT lately.

Bowl games to actually go to.

I am not saying now but in 10 years if things don’t change and Vandy starts getting better there could easily be a fan flip.

Vandy is known and has always been known as the doormat of the SEC! Just because UT has had a down decade, doesn't mean we won't return to prominence. Everyone is up in arms about our OC search right now and that on top of BVS has people thinking irrationally, Imo.

Vandy in heart of city with 2 million plus metro and growing fast with out of staters.

I am not saying now but in 10 years if things don’t change and Vandy starts getting better there could easily be a fan flip.

Why don’t you be the first and take your negathoughts over there

With Vandy owning us the last few years, the new generation only knowing a UT team that loses to Vandy, and Vandy being in the heart of Nashville where almost everyone moving in is from another part of the country and holding no emotional ties to the past or clinging onto stories of the good old days......

Is there a chance that if things do not change in the next few years, that Vandy becomes the new UT and the Vols are left by the side of the road?

Despite Nashville and Middle Tennessee’s growth, no college in the area has seen any positive impact on interest in their programs. Vandy, MT, etc all have worse attendance now than they did 20 yrs ago. Only Vandy baseball has seen positive growth in interest and that’s a very small number at best. Preds have gobbled up all the fan support. Even the Titans have suffered despite the local media supporting them the most.

You make a valid point. We have lost 5 out of the last 7 to the former inferiors to our west.

It is time that we put them back in their rightful, subordinate place. And that process had better begin this upcoming season.

You should be banned for the title alone

Vandy has reached it's ceiling without major changes to garner support. The years under Franklin were a mirage as the SEC East had several teams near historical lows along with near embarrassing out of conference scheduling guaranteeing 4 wins.

Being a founding member and the only private institution are the only things keeping VU safely in the SEC imho. There will be no new stadium, no improvements in community outreach, and there are too many entitled fans who want chairback seats instead of major improvements. They may make a few superficial cosmetic improvements but they will be underwhelming.

VU is no threat to UT going forward. Too many years of turning potential local fans off with elitist attitudes. Alumni doesn't fill bleachers, sidewalk fans do and they've been ignored.

VN Store

Back