Vandy becoming the real UT

Anythings possible I suppose but I just don't see that happening in our lifetime. Even if it did Tennessee will remain the flagship university of the state. The only reason we're at where we are is because of gross incompetence in our administration. At some point we have to get things right right?

Um TN isn’t the flagship school now. Vandy is much more prestigious than UT. No one tried to get into UT and settles for Vandy. They try to get into Harvard and settle for Vandy.

I would never say never but this is extremely unlikely.

1. They don't recruit at our level. To have any big-time success you have to recruit elite players.

2. Even when they had an really-good to elite coach they couldn't keep him (James Franklin)

How is that working for Kentucky.

And

I clearly don't remember us carrying the QB on our shoulders or tearing any goalposts down after beating them this year.

Clearly u weren’t here back when Simms was QB then because it happened.

And trust me it has won that game against Vandy this year everyone would have been popping something to drink.

Guys anyone less than 30 just knows a crap UT team. Face the facts.

I think the majority of our fan base needs to learn humility, they think its still 98 and look down on other programs. We are bottom to the middle in the east and thats what we are until we PROVE otherwise. Talk is cheap and im tired of being the off season national champs.

With Vandy owning us the last few years, the new generation only knowing a UT team that loses to Vandy, and Vandy being in the heart of Nashville where almost everyone moving in is from another part of the country and holding no emotional ties to the past or clinging onto stories of the good old days......

Is there a chance that if things do not change in the next few years, that Vandy becomes the new UT and the Vols are left by the side of the road?
Never.

Reactions: VOLCENTS1985
After thinking about it further, Tennessee doesn't recruit within the state for half of its talent anyway.

So, even if it happens (which it won't), I'm not sure it matters

Reactions: 08Vol
I think the majority of our fan base needs to learn humility, they think its still 98 and look down on other programs. We are bottom to the middle in the east and thats what we are until we PROVE otherwise. Talk is cheap and im tired of being the off season national champs.
This is completely the truth. Everyone is stuck in some other decade. Not sure how or why anyone can beat their chest and make fun of Vandy in football after the last 7 years.

It’s a valid question....

A lot of boo or gifs but facts are facts.

Vandy in heart of city with 2 million plus metro and growing fast with out of staters.

Much easier to get to stadium.

Winning record over UT lately.

Bowl games to actually go to.

I am not saying now but in 10 years if things don’t change and Vandy starts getting better there could easily be a fan flip.

You forgot to mention, PLENTY OF SEATS WHEN YOU GET THERE!

Will Vandy become the new UT? no! hahahahhaaaaaaa....

But if Vandy's new AD raises money like Hamilton and hires coaches (and writes contracts) like Fulmer, then they may become something new and take up permanent residence at the top of the bottom.

giphy.gif

Clearly u weren’t here back when Simms was QB then because it happened.

And trust me it has won that game against Vandy this year everyone would have been popping something to drink.

Guys anyone less than 30 just knows a crap UT team. Face the facts.

Get hooked on phonics and read the post you just quoted one more time.

Warning below this I translate the above quoted post like I am talking to a 5 year old for clarity.

How is that working for Kentucky.

This was a reference to the claim in a previous post that all Candy had to do was remodel their facility to be like UT.

An important thing that most understood was that the focus is now on Kentucky verifying the fact that you can not just call Martha Stewart and or HGTV to remodel your stadium to build an elite program. Kentucky tried that.

I clearly don't remember us carrying the QB on our shoulders or tearing any goalposts down after beating them this year.

After beating KY this year we did not carry off the QB or any goal post in celebration.

I hope that is easier to understand. sorry about the confusion.

If the suddenly start putting money in and expand their stadium...

What then?
Will never happen on the scale they would need it to. They are beating us like a drum, which is awful, but they will never do what it takes to build the facilities to much more than they are.

VN Store

Back