Vaccine or not?

What % of Americans would it take for the masses to feel comfortable not donning masks?
70, 80,90%?
Or is it necessary for every living person in America to get the jabs?
How would this be documented? A new ID with a vac designation marked. " Could this same ID be used for voter ID? " I digress.
Would we then stop every person at airports, ports etc traveling from outside our borders and have them quarantine for 2 weeks? Who foots that bill?
Lastly.....what of the illegals walking freely into our country. Unvaccinated, no mask's and carry any number of infections.
Damn them assholes

Reactions: InVOLuntary
"One of the most dangerous ideas that has come about in the last 3 years is that all points of view are equally valid, and that Average Citizen (YOU) are just as equipped to judge which have merit as anyone else.
"Hear all sides, and judge for yourself!" No. I do not condone the death of Expertise, and neither should you.
I am an expert in very, very few things. But in those areas, my expertise is hard earned through study, work, experience, and aptitude. None of it comes from attending Google University. But unless you are an expert in exactly the same areas, your opinion is not just as valid as mine. It's not.
And my opinion is not as valid as experts' in other fields. That is why THEY ARE THE EXPERTS. So if our leading epidemiologists largely agree that "A" is correct, and a couple of discredited doctors make a video that says "B" is correct, our response should not be "I'll listen to both and decide which makes sense to me." Confirmation bias exists, and only fools think they are free of it. To paraphrase Asimov, your ignorance is not the same as their experience. Genuinely smart people look for answers from people who are smarter than themselves. Only ignorant people believe their guess is as good as anyone else's."

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Really good news out of the UK which seems to be 2 weeks ahead of us going through delta. Cases are dropping quickly and death has remained stable despite delta causing a lot of infections. Really good evidence that vaccines are preventing death in the UK and hopefully we will see the same in the next few weeks here in the US.
View attachment 383430
That's exactly what I think (and hope!) we will see here

"One of the most dangerous ideas that has come about in the last 3 years is that all points of view are equally valid, and that Average Citizen (YOU) are just as equipped to judge which have merit as anyone else.
"Hear all sides, and judge for yourself!" No. I do not condone the death of Expertise, and neither should you.
I am an expert in very, very few things. But in those areas, my expertise is hard earned through study, work, experience, and aptitude. None of it comes from attending Google University. But unless you are an expert in exactly the same areas, your opinion is not just as valid as mine. It's not.
And my opinion is not as valid as experts' in other fields. That is why THEY ARE THE EXPERTS. So if our leading epidemiologists largely agree that "A" is correct, and a couple of discredited doctors make a video that says "B" is correct, our response should not be "I'll listen to both and decide which makes sense to me." Confirmation bias exists, and only fools think they are free of it. To paraphrase Asimov, your ignorance is not the same as their experience. Genuinely smart people look for answers from people who are smarter than themselves. Only ignorant people believe their guess is as good as anyone else's."

Social media has convinced a large percentage of the population that all thoughts, opinions, and feelings are equally valid. They are not, and they never have been.

Reactions: volfanhill and AM64
Really good news out of the UK which seems to be 2 weeks ahead of us going through delta. Cases are dropping quickly and death has remained stable despite delta causing a lot of infections. Really good evidence that vaccines are preventing death in the UK and hopefully we will see the same in the next few weeks here in the US.
View attachment 383430

I've also been tracking the UK since they got hit with Delta before us. I'm really encouraged by the numbers. The only thing that gives me pause is that they're more vaccinated than we are.

Rock the Vote!

Oops ,sorry, wrong thread.

I was watching a few videos talking about the vaccine situation in Tanzania earlier this morning. In one of them, the Tanzanian govt was hoping to get to 60% vaccination to achieve herd immunity. I wonder where they got that number from and I wonder if 60% is herd immunity, how far are we in the United States?

I was watching a few videos talking about the vaccine situation in Tanzania earlier this morning. In one of them, the Tanzanian govt was hoping to get to 60% vaccination to achieve herd immunity. I wonder where they got that number from and I wonder if 60% is herd immunity, how far are we in the United States?
Natural/acquired immunity should be included but always seems to be left out. Well never know for sure without truth in numbers

Hopefully they will respect the rights of the people who have been supporting them and standing up for them while the left has tried to destroy them. There has never been a time in our countries history where it has been so important for people to get involved on a local level to get people elected into positions of power who we can trust will do the right thing.

Yeah, but will those local and state leaders actually do anything. I got to do the auto emissions inspection today ... again after the progrom (intentionally not "program") should have been ended. TN officials need to grow some balls and tell the feds to FO - quoting the 10th and 13th Amendments.

Reactions: VolinWayne
Vaccines take at least two weeks to reach efficacy.

I’ve had the first Pfizer and now have Covid. It’s horrible. Scheduled for plasma infusion in the morning. Was very happy to see the aggressive treatment suggested to me.

Sorry to hear that; get well soon. Based on my wife's experience and taking care of her; it's tough for a lot of people.

No, in all seriousness. isn't there a chance that plasma from the vaccinated may be in the supply by now? What effect will that have?

I don't know about plasma, but the Red Cross has been actively seeking whole blood donations from folks that have had Covid or have been vaccinated.

I’m vaccinated but don’t really think it matters anymore. Once the cases spike again which they are and will through winter, federal and state legislature will lump everyone into the same pot again. It’s like the vaccine doesn’t even matter.

At this point, what are you really supposed to believe about "cases" or the data? Hell, for all we know, these could be variants that originated from the vaxxed or this could just be a seasonal flu... or just media hype/propaganda to get the masses worked up.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back