Vacation / Travel

I've been there! One of the favorite places we've visited. We were with a tour group, and the guide said we wouldn't have time to get to the Upper Lake. So we ditched the group, explored on our own and had that magical place all to ourselves. A cherished memory.
It was the first place we went after leaving Dublin. Pretty heavy rain and not much visibility and then right as we got to the lake the sun came out and it was just amazing.

The whole island is awesome. Each place more beautiful than the last.

Reactions: ohhbother
Heading to Austria in a few weeks, will be driving all over the country and will spend some time in Munich, Liechtenstein, St. Gallen, the Dolomites and Bratislava as well. Anyone been in the past?

Reactions: Danl
Heading to Austria in a few weeks, will be driving all over the country and will spend some time in Munich, Liechtenstein, St. Gallen, the Dolomites and Bratislava as well. Anyone been in the past?
Only to Vienna. Edit: There is great architecture in Vienna, if you like that kind of thing, museums, parks, music, and of course the original Wiener Schnitzel. We loved it. Would liked to have seen the rest of Austria but we were hitting east- and middle- European cities. Dolomites are on our list.

Last edited:
Just Munich for a long weekend. It's a nice city, easy to navigate. The Altstadt is interesting.

Reactions: Orange.
Next week we’re headed to Germany for a river cruise. Sister in law just returned from one with Covid again after getting Covid on a prior river cruise a year ago. Is Covid on the rise in Germany or has the SIL just had bad luck?

Next week we’re headed to Germany for a river cruise. Sister in law just returned from one with Covid again after getting Covid on a prior river cruise a year ago. Is Covid on the rise in Germany or has the SIL just had bad luck?
I think it is the boat/ship. close quarters, and now no masks.
We went on an ocean cruise last year at this time, and we got covid.
We also went on one march, 22 and the ship didn't have a problem with Covid. That ship required masks, and if you didn't have one on they would hand you one, and request that you put it on.
I don't think Covid is going away any time soon. JMO

A bit of both. My sister is stationed there and they have seen a rise.

We don't typically do summer traveling, but we went to Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia and Rocky Mountain National Parks. Yosemite was stunning!

Going to Canada this fall and have scheduled a trip to Switzerland & Germany next year for our 10 year anniversary. 🥳
Yeah, that's us. We try to avoid summer months travel. Especially, outside the US. Leave it to the folks that have children. We also avoid heat because we are getting older. So northern US, Alaska, Canada, Iceland, England, Continental Europe.

Reactions: volwindy
Some of my favorites from my trip to Austria,Germany,Switzerland,Liechtenstein the Dolomites in Italy and Slovakia. In Bratislava right now and headed back to Vienna tomorrow for two more days before heading home.

Attachments

• IMG_5567.jpeg
    IMG_5567.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5634.jpeg
    IMG_5634.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9163.jpeg
    IMG_9163.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9194.jpeg
    IMG_9194.jpeg