Vacation / Travel

I've been there! One of the favorite places we've visited. We were with a tour group, and the guide said we wouldn't have time to get to the Upper Lake. So we ditched the group, explored on our own and had that magical place all to ourselves. A cherished memory.
It was the first place we went after leaving Dublin. Pretty heavy rain and not much visibility and then right as we got to the lake the sun came out and it was just amazing.

The whole island is awesome. Each place more beautiful than the last.

Reactions: ohhbother
Heading to Austria in a few weeks, will be driving all over the country and will spend some time in Munich, Liechtenstein, St. Gallen, the Dolomites and Bratislava as well. Anyone been in the past?

Reactions: ArdentVol and Danl
Heading to Austria in a few weeks, will be driving all over the country and will spend some time in Munich, Liechtenstein, St. Gallen, the Dolomites and Bratislava as well. Anyone been in the past?
Only to Vienna. Edit: There is great architecture in Vienna, if you like that kind of thing, museums, parks, music, and of course the original Wiener Schnitzel. We loved it. Would liked to have seen the rest of Austria but we were hitting east- and middle- European cities. Dolomites are on our list.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArdentVol
Next week we’re headed to Germany for a river cruise. Sister in law just returned from one with Covid again after getting Covid on a prior river cruise a year ago. Is Covid on the rise in Germany or has the SIL just had bad luck?

Next week we’re headed to Germany for a river cruise. Sister in law just returned from one with Covid again after getting Covid on a prior river cruise a year ago. Is Covid on the rise in Germany or has the SIL just had bad luck?
I think it is the boat/ship. close quarters, and now no masks.
We went on an ocean cruise last year at this time, and we got covid.
We also went on one march, 22 and the ship didn't have a problem with Covid. That ship required masks, and if you didn't have one on they would hand you one, and request that you put it on.
I don't think Covid is going away any time soon. JMO

We don't typically do summer traveling, but we went to Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia and Rocky Mountain National Parks. Yosemite was stunning!

Going to Canada this fall and have scheduled a trip to Switzerland & Germany next year for our 10 year anniversary. 🥳

We don't typically do summer traveling, but we went to Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia and Rocky Mountain National Parks. Yosemite was stunning!

Going to Canada this fall and have scheduled a trip to Switzerland & Germany next year for our 10 year anniversary. 🥳
Yeah, that's us. We try to avoid summer months travel. Especially, outside the US. Leave it to the folks that have children. We also avoid heat because we are getting older. So northern US, Alaska, Canada, Iceland, England, Continental Europe.

Some of my favorites from my trip to Austria,Germany,Switzerland,Liechtenstein the Dolomites in Italy and Slovakia. In Bratislava right now and headed back to Vienna tomorrow for two more days before heading home.

Attachments

• IMG_5567.jpeg
    IMG_5567.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5634.jpeg
    IMG_5634.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9163.jpeg
    IMG_9163.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9194.jpeg
    IMG_9194.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 10
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5696.jpeg
    IMG_5696.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5755.jpeg
    IMG_5755.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 11
Panama City Beach

Attachments

• 618705-3df18755ad6a7a3cf1e2614103cfb1c4.jpg
    618705-3df18755ad6a7a3cf1e2614103cfb1c4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240521_101418.jpg
    20240521_101418.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8997.jpg
    IMG_8997.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8938.jpg
    IMG_8938.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8967.jpg
    IMG_8967.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240518_130331.jpg
    20240518_130331.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240518_130347.jpg
    20240518_130347.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 8
Panama City Beach

Looks like a lot of fun!! The food looks great 👍 👌 My fiancee is going to London in August and Cabo in September. London was a bucket list trip she finally got to go on,and her family invited her to Cabo. I'm in a middle of a move so probably nothing outside of a day trip to Pigeon Forge,and the move of course.

Best things to do in Myrtle Beach? Best places to eat? Any tips appreciated!

The best German/Austrian food I’ve had in the states is there at a place called Cafe Old Vienna.

As for things to do.. don’t get shot. I worked in the ER there for a while on a contract and they call it Murder Beach.

The best German/Austrian food I’ve had in the states is there at a place called Cafe Old Vienna.

As for things to do.. don’t get shot. I worked in the ER there for a while on a contract and they call it Murder Beach.
Good grief. They say there’s a lot of that on the actual beach. We are gonna try to stay away from the actual beach. May go to broadway and do a couple other little things. May have to research the gun laws in SC and pack a punch if possible.

Best things to do in Myrtle Beach? Best places to eat? Any tips appreciated!
Weve been going to Myrtle Beach since 1975. Have given up golf, but still love the area. Our favorite eateries are Pier 21 (grouper is terrific) in Myrthle Beach & Horst Gersthaus (German) in North Myrtle Beach. Southern Sunshine Pancacke House in North Myrtle is a must stop, too. Enjoy! :cool:

VN Store

Back