'19 VA LB Eugene Asante

Yeah I'm not sure about this guy though. He looks like a hell of a football player from his highlights, but he doesn't really look fluid from sideline to sideline. I could see him being like a poor mans freshman Myles Jack though. More of a depth guy/special teams than a game changer though
Roman played as a 245 pound NT and still won defensive player of the year in his division. He’ll be playing OLB for us. I wish he was enrolling early

I think I like this guy more than Russell. All he does is blow dudes up, and block kicks.

Reactions: T Dog

"He possess good size and strength, but he has track speed. That combination of strength and speed oozes potential as a pass rushing outside linebacker. He takes great pursuit angles and has a very high motor. He has one of the quickest first steps of any prospect in the country. He defeats blocks with ease and is a very good tackler. Rarely do you seem him attempting to arm tackle the ball carrier. Asante almost always gets his helmet and shoulders in the right place to make the tackle. He has a really high football IQ and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. When he does make the tackle, he brings some power. Asante hits hard."

Noticed a paywall article about a LB visiting this weekend and it looked like Asante. We all want HT, but a finish with Asante and Russell would be respectable.

Edit: N/M The article title said he was from GA.

Noticed a paywall article about a LB visiting this weekend and it looked like Asante. We all want HT, but a finish with Asante and Russell would be respectable.

Edit: N/M The article title said he was from GA.

That's the 2020 kid from Creekside, Tyson Meguiez (sic)

VN Store

Back