'19 VA LB Eugene Asante

Violent is always good when talking about a LB. Throw in fast and instinctive , then u have 3 of 4 of the best words to describe a LB. Smart is the 4th
I like violent RBs too. Earl Campbell was my favorite. One of a small group of players that at times looked like men playing against boys in the NFL...

Reactions: The Dog
I like violent RBs too. Earl Campbell was my favorite. One of a small group of players that at times looked like men playing against boys in the NFL...
The most powerful RB, I have seen in my 40+ years of watching football. The first NFL poster I had on my bedroom wall in the late 70s. Even tho I wasn't an Oilers fan, I still had made respect for Earl Campbell and was a little bit scared of him. I remember when the Steelers played the Oilers and him in '80 and thought they had no way of stopping him. 38-6 (I think) later, I was proven wrong.

Reactions: m1al
He will end up at Nebraska because we offered too late. Plus that’s where his brother played.

He’s CB’d 100% to Virginia Tech. And yes we’re late to the wedding. I agree that he looks like a very good football player, but I’m not sure that a 6’ player fits an outside backer in Pruitt’s 3-4..

Westfield , the school he comes from is in Division 6 in Virginia. The largest division in the state and his school is a football factory. They just lost their 1st game in 4 years in the state semi final this year. The competition you see on his HUDL is the top in the state.
Good to see you, P810! How’s it been going? Is this guy legit in your opinion?

Reactions: joshb
Speaking of violent rb's......Eddie George just walked into the Golf Shop. Still looks like he could play, and play well!o_O

Welp now that I know you work at and probably own a golf shop, may I please have a free set of right handed clubs? Thank you.... lol

Reactions: Sleegro
Look at your list though..... Taylor, Bituli, and DkJr are gone after this year.

Ignont hasn’t shown anything.
Allen has measurables but he looked lost in space when he rarely played last year.

De’Andre Johnson flashes as a pass rusher but teams had success running right at him.

And while I still have a lot of hope for JJP, if I’m being honest it’s a little discerning that he showed up so out of shape and still had a gut late in the year.

We have a lot of holes at LB.
Kirkland, Bituli, and Taylor haven't declared yet. Or are you talking about after this upcoming season?

It is 2019.... a new year.... read between the lines....
Well he said we have holes at LB instead of we're going to have holes at LB. so I figured he was talking about this season considering all 3 probably could've declared this year

Well he said we have holes at LB instead of we're going to have holes at LB. so I figured he was talking about this season considering all 3 probably could've declared this year

We do have a lot of holes at LB.... why do you think we recruited so many?

Reactions: EdEcEko77
We do have a lot of holes at LB.... why do you think we recruited so many?
I think we will have a solid group of LBs this year. It'll be their second year in the system, Peterson should be in shape to play and a lot of the younger guys like Harrison, Smith, Johnson, Allen, and Ignot should improve over the off-season. Crouch is enrolling early too isn't he? Obviously he won't make an immediate impact considering it's his first year playing the position, but if they can stay healthy come late October early November they should have one of the better groups in the conference

I think we will have a solid group of LBs this year. It'll be their second year in the system, Peterson should be in shape to play and a lot of the younger guys like Harrison, Smith, Johnson, Allen, and Ignot should improve over the off-season. Crouch is enrolling early too isn't he? Obviously he won't make an immediate impact considering it's his first year playing the position, but if they can stay healthy come late October early November they should have one of the better groups in the conference

You are saying exactly what @HoleInTheRoof was saying.

I agree. Good thing we got Harrison though. He is a day one starter/relief.
Yeah I'm not sure about this guy though. He looks like a hell of a football player from his highlights, but he doesn't really look fluid from sideline to sideline. I could see him being like a poor mans freshman Myles Jack though. More of a depth guy/special teams than a game changer though

VN Store

Back