'20 VA CB Karon Prunty

Team’s still have depth charts. If he signs and never practiced should he move to 1st team or even the #4 CB? If yes, those players working hard won’t like it.

Buddy of mine signed a D1 scholarship out of juco and was listed as the 14th WR (1-17) when he showed up. Ended spring #1.
cool story. I'm hell on a badminton court.

This is like Kentucky telling Randall Cobb “sure, you’ll be a QB here” then they get him and move him to WR after about 5 snaps at QB, whereas Fulmer told him correctly all along that his best shot at getting to the NFL was at WR. Honesty never goes unpunished in recruiting…
Kids can Portal now though, so that kind of dishonesty pretty short sighted, if this playing time narrative is even true, which I doubt.

I played golf with his dad on Friday and kept putting smokey on his driver every hole lol.. This kid is a lock.

His dad said he's not pushing Karon but he's taking his time as he has 3 weeks to decide. The next step is the in-house visit. Dad said that the coaching staff has been by far the most thorough and detailed. He also said SC is light-years behind Tennessee this morning.

Go Vols!

Ooops. This one didn't age well.

This guarantee talk is usually sour grapes BS anyway. I highly doubt it's true. Some kids just make foolish choices and opposing coaches are having a field day negatively recruiting against Plowman's Great Matter, Heupel has a tough road to hoe at the moment.

When did farmers start planting crops in the road?

His dad told me that the Tennessee coaches told him he would be 4th in line. SC coaches told him he could play whenever and wherever he wants. This sums up why he chose SC.

Just stop already, you have embarrassed yourself enough.

Imagine scouring a rival message board to bump posts on a transfer from Kansas. Couldn't be me. Yo, kid..
View attachment 377018
It does make laugh that we fought so hard to get two defensive players from Kansas…. One we got and one went to SC…. They played for defense that didn’t win a game and gave up less than 38 points one time all season long.

His dad told me that the Tennessee coaches told him he would be 4th in line. SC coaches told him he could play whenever and wherever he wants. This sums up why he chose SC.
Bruh just lie at this point. Or at least say he will be competing for DB1. Martinez better be super confident in our corners.

I’d understand if he was competing against 6 other 5*s at Alabama. But why would he think he couldn’t compete here? I do know that Carolinas DBs and WRs are horrendous so that makes sense. Alrhough they do have good RBs

I’d understand if he was competing against 6 other 5*s at Alabama. But why would he think he couldn’t compete here? I do know that Carolinas DBs and WRs are horrendous so that makes sense. Alrhough they do have good RBs
He came from Kansas…… the guys we have on the roster now are a big step up from what he was competing against there. We

Reactions: #1GatorHater
I have no reason to lie. I work with his dad and things changed over the course of 2 weeks. What do I get out of lying to you idiots. I don't get anything for being right or wrong. I've been following this site for years and finally had some valuable recruiting information and was happy to contribute. I post and get blasted. lol

I just passed on info, take it for what it's worth. His dad told me what happened and Karon was told he is 4th in line but he'll be given every chance to succeed. He told me some young girl (late 20's) in a ferrari drove up and introduced herself to Karon and said she was there to help with his social media almost like a guidance counselor for the team. I'm sure you guys will have jokes on this but that's what he told me today. He said Tennessee was better all around but as an "all american", what advantage would Karon have to transfer and not be guaranteed anything but a bench spot.

I have no reason to lie. I work with his dad and things changed over the course of 2 weeks. What do I get out of lying to you idiots. I don't get anything for being right or wrong. I've been following this site for years and finally had some valuable recruiting information and was happy to contribute. I post and get blasted. lol

I just passed on info, take it for what it's worth. His dad told me what happened and Karon was told he is 4th in line but he'll be given every chance to succeed. He told me some young girl (late 20's) in a ferrari drove up and introduced herself to Karon and said she was there to help with his social media almost like a guidance counselor for the team. I'm sure you guys will have jokes on this but that's what he told me today. He said Tennessee was better all around but as an "all american", what advantage would Karon have to transfer and not be guaranteed anything but a bench spot.
iu

All- American LOL

Reactions: captainfalcon777

All American != Bench Spot

Sounds like they were told he would have to compete and heard that he would be 4th in line.

I very seriously doubt any coaching staff much less this one would relegate a player to a back up role. If someone guaranteed him a starting job... then they were fools for not cutting that program out.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You want someone who wants something handed to him without him earning it? Not exactly what you said but if he does not want to compete to earn it, not sure he would be the best fit here.

So, you're in the business world, and you consider yourself someone who knows how to make $$$, and is GREAT at making $$$.

You're offered two jobs to make $$$ in: one job gives you the opportunity to make $$$, the other job gives you the opportunity to make ten times the $$$ as the first job.

So you accept the 2nd job that gives you 10 times the $$$, and so you're afraid to compete, because you're not taking the harder chance to make $$$??? It's not a case of not competing - its STILL the SEC, and either you're a competent DB, or you're not. USC is bringing in something like 6-7 DBs in this class, between the recruits from the '21 class and transfers. They lost their starters plus 2-3 others who transferred out, but still have 4-5 others returning, and will have a decent depth although not of many with experience in the program, but then again with a totally new staff everything resets anyways.

Doubt the staff told Prunty that he was guaranteed starts - but they truly could have just told him that right now there is NO set depth chart for the secondary, and EVERYONE will start out fall camp at Step 1 with having to earn their positions, because that would actually be the truth. The staff may have some ideas with the returning players due to spring camp, but NO ONE enters fall camp truly winning a starting job, because all the players that would have earned that right have all left the program.....

And on the flip side, doubt that the Tennessee staff guaranteed Prunty that he would NOT earn a starting job, but they may have told him that they have guys ahead of him on the depth chart at this time, or upperclass guys returning from last season that have earned more opportunities than he has at this stage....

So, you're in the business world, and you consider yourself someone who knows how to make $$$, and is GREAT at making $$$.

You're offered two jobs to make $$$ in: one job gives you the opportunity to make $$$, the other job gives you the opportunity to make ten times the $$$ as the first job.

So you accept the 2nd job that gives you 10 times the $$$, and so you're afraid to compete, because you're not taking the harder chance to make $$$??? It's not a case of not competing - its STILL the SEC, and either you're a competent DB, or you're not. USC is bringing in something like 6-7 DBs in this class, between the recruits from the '21 class and transfers. They lost their starters plus 2-3 others who transferred out, but still have 4-5 others returning, and will have a decent depth although not of many with experience in the program, but then again with a totally new staff everything resets anyways.

Doubt the staff told Prunty that he was guaranteed starts - but they truly could have just told him that right now there is NO set depth chart for the secondary, and EVERYONE will start out fall camp at Step 1 with having to earn their positions, because that would actually be the truth. The staff may have some ideas with the returning players due to spring camp, but NO ONE enters fall camp truly winning a starting job, because all the players that would have earned that right have all left the program.....

And on the flip side, doubt that the Tennessee staff guaranteed Prunty that he would NOT earn a starting job, but they may have told him that they have guys ahead of him on the depth chart at this time, or upperclass guys returning from last season that have earned more opportunities than he has at this stage....
Hate to say it man, but, you really showed your cards in this post. IOW, you've been exposed!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back