'20 VA CB Karon Prunty

Actually no. They told him he would have to earn his start, and we cannot guarantee bowls. Other recruits have stated this staff is being honest with them.
That's a standard sour grapes narrative when anyone misses on a recruit "the other side promised (something we like to think we wouldn't promise)". It's usually BS. We also heard that Pruitt was very honest with recruits, blah, blah, blah.

That said, I don't read anything into this miss, other than the threat of these sanctions is casting such a shadow over everything that we can currently no longer assume we will be the odds on favorite in head to head recruiting battles against South Carolina. Is that a permanent situation? I don't think so, but it is the situation right now, and likely will be until the sanctions are announced and/or Heupel distinguishes himself on the field from Beamer at their respective new programs.

Last edited:
That's a standard sour grapes narrative when anyone misses on a recruit "the other side promised (something we like to think we wouldn't promise)". It's usually BS. We also heard that Pruitt was very honest with recruits, blah, blah, blah.

That said, I don't read anything into this miss, other than the threat of these sanctions is casting such a shadow over everything that we can currently no longer assume we will be the odds on favorite in head to head recruiting battles against South Carolina. Is that a permanent situation? I don't think so, but it is the situation right now, and likely will be until the sanctions are announced and/or Heupel distinguishes himself on the field from Beamer at their respective new programs.
We gonna blow the doors off of SC defense, and its will be lovely to witness.

There's one reason to pick USC over UT, and there has always been one and only one reason to pick USC over UT.

We aren't as thin and talentless at DB as some of you are making us out to be. This is all playing time.
They also don't have the prospect of a looming colonoscopy from the NCAA pending. That's pretty much it. Once the sanctions are known, things can start to get better on the recruiting front. Until they are known, we've just got to make the best of it, which Heupel is trying his best to do.

VN Store

Back