‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

Kid sounds like he wants to play wr honestly but coaches need him in the rb room for now.Who knows how he much he actually plays at wr this year?I could def see this offense utilize passing to the rbs with Seldon in the fold,as has been stated ad nauseum on every 3 post since page 1 a deebo Samuel type situation.I just don't think he will line up at wr as much as we all hope which is fine...

Kid sounds like he wants to play wr honestly but coaches need him in the rb room for now.Who knows how he much he actually plays at wr this year?I could def see this offense utilize passing to the rbs with Seldon in the fold,as has been stated ad nauseum on every 3 post since page 1 a deebo Samuel type situation.I just don't think he will line up at wr as much as we all hope which is fine...
I think he's intrigued by "getting creative". Sort of like what they did with Fant, only different.

I think he's intrigued by "getting creative". Sort of like what they did with Fant, only different.
That's probably the most surprising thing from the team last year was the play of Fant.Hats off to the kid for sticking with it for this long,props to the coaching staff for finally figuring out a way to utilize his skills correctly.He was a big part of the offenses success even if he wasn't scoring a td every game when he was out there u had to account for him.Stark contrast to the past few years when he wasn't really a threat just a warm body.

That's probably the most surprising thing from the team last year was the play of Fant.Hats off to the kid for sticking with it for this long,props to the coaching staff for finally figuring out a way to utilize his skills correctly.He was a big part of the offenses success even if he wasn't scoring a td every game when he was out there u had to account for him.Stark contrast to the past few years when he wasn't really a threat just a warm body.
Who is the last player before Fant to score a TD by rushing, receiving and throwing in the same season? I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but the last one I can think of might be Lucas Taylor.

Who is the last player before Fant to score a TD by rushing, receiving and throwing in the same season? I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but the last one I can think of might be Lucas Taylor.
Dobbs. I think Jennings threw him one. One of the bowl games I think.

Jennings himself would be another good candidate.

Word is he's not, more touches in the backfield

Is it easier to learn RB and transition to WR or the other way around? I would think the RB would allow you to better understand defenses and im sure they will have him catching out of the backfield.
That question depends on the individual and how advanced they are coming in at each position, but the short answer is RB is the easier position to learn and play at a high level.

I was thinking about Cam saying they were going to get creative. Once he has a grasp on both positions (may not be this season), it will allow Heupel to run 4WR or 2RB sets without changing personnel on a drive. This would allow for Cam to move around everywhere without a defense being able to substitute. He can move to the slot, go out wide, line up like an off set TE, or in the backfield, while still having someone like Dylan Sampson in the game. This would be match-up hell for a defense and DC.

I was thinking about Cam saying they were going to get creative. Once he has a grasp on both positions (may not be this season), it will allow Heupel to run 4WR or 2RB sets without changing personnel on a drive. This would allow for Cam to move around everywhere without a defense being able to substitute. He can move to the slot, go out wide, line up like an off set TE, or in the backfield, while still having someone like Dylan Sampson in the game. This would be match-up hell for a defense and DC.
Sounds heavenly to me!!!

A coaches dream.
And what nobody has mentioned yet...

In regards to being creative, because his skillset is so special and unique the creativity or playcalling is more simple.

To go along with the not substituting, you now have a player that can pull focus away from ANY other player, which creates MORE possibilities to defend depending on down and distance.

I have no doubt he'll learn WR and RB to near mastery for this offense by mid freshman season.

Its like 12 on 11 every snap he's out there...

A coaches dream.

In regards to being creative, because his skillset is so special and unique the creativity or playcalling is more simple.

To go along with the not substituting, you now have a player that can pull focus away from ANY other player, which creates MORE possibilities to defend depending on down and distance.

I have no doubt he'll learn WR and RB to near mastery for this offense by mid freshman season.

Bingo!!!! Can't Wait....Getting me Hyped again LOL

A coaches dream.

I don't know about mid- freshman year. Definitely possible at RB. That's just about picking up your keys quickly in pass protection and being a willing blocker. The rest is learning the playbook. WR is a little more difficult. They have 2-3 route options on every play and the WR and QB have to be on the same page with what they're seeing from the defense. That's more difficult to pick up with the pace we run. I imagine they'll have packages for him with specific routes this year if he's pick things up quickly. Quick screens, slants, reverses, and wheel routes most likely when he moves out to WR.

VN Store

Back