‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

6'2 230, when most the weight is bottom half, isn't as big as it sounds. That's like Bru McCoy size, I can easily see Cam that size. I bet CP is about 230 as well.
CP is 6'2" 220 right now after years in the NFL and being moved to RB. McCoy is 6'3" 220 and he's 22 yrs old and has been in college 4 years.

6'2 230, when most the weight is bottom half, isn't as big as it sounds. That's like Bru McCoy size, I can easily see Cam that size. I bet CP is about 230 as well.
Cam is rare because of the size/speed combination. You don't want him to lose any of the speed aspect. Deebo Samuel is 6' 215. AJ Brown is 6'1" 226. I don't think you want Cam ever topping 225. These are all NFL sizes for the rest of these guys.

Cam is rare because of the size/speed combination. You don't want him to lose any of the speed aspect. Deebo Samuel is 6' 215. AJ Brown is 6'1" 226. I don't think you want Cam ever topping 225. These are all NFL sizes for the rest of these guys.
AJ Brown would be my best comp size wise. And guys I understand 220 isn't 230, but is it far off?? Earlier 247 profiles had the kid at 220 at the start of his SR year, so my line of thinking gaining 10 lbs of muscle in college isn't unrealistic. Obviously it's great genes in play, now you pair it with a SEC S&C program his potential is unlimited. And if he can still hit a 4.4 forty at 230 then we absolutely want him at 230. That's Todd Gurley/DK Metcalfe depending his long term position.

Reactions: Plove23
AJ Brown would be my best comp size wise. And guys I understand 220 isn't 230, but is it far off?? Earlier 247 profiles had the kid at 220 at the start of his SR year, so my line of thinking gaining 10 lbs of muscle in college isn't unrealistic. Obviously it's great genes in play, now you pair it with a SEC S&C program his potential is unlimited. And if he can still hit a 4.4 forty at 230 then we absolutely want him at 230. That's Todd Gurley/DK Metcalfe depending his long term position.
Those weights are a little inflated sometimes. Plove said he weighed in at 210 for the All-Star game. So realistically, he probably fluctuates in that 210-215 range. The problem with bulking up to 230 isn't necessarily straight line speed. It's losing wiggle and elusiveness. It can affect how quickly you come in and out of breaks on routes. 10 pounds can make a big difference at skill positions, even if it's "good" weight. In a college S&C, he can gain strength and speed without adding much additional weight.

“That wasn’t what I (initially) wanted to do,” he said of being an early enrollee, “but I didn’t realize all the different opportunities that I could do. So I took the opportunity, and I think it’ll help me learn the playbook and stuff like that.”

“They said they’re going to start me in the backfield — running back — so I can adjust to the plays and then move into the receiver room,” said Seldon, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 36 overall prospect and No. 2 athlete in the 2023 class. “And, from there, just get creative.

“They’re saying, like, start off (at running back). I mean, I’m a true running back, but I play receiver, so we’ll see how it goes.”

“I come from a low, low, low, low, low division,” Seldon said, referring to Northumberland competing against other small high schools. “It doesn’t really show up because my tape shows everything you need to see. I just need to learn some extra things.

“I was talking to my coach (this week), and he was like, ‘Yeah, you’re going to learn a lot,’ because he understands that.”

“I kind of expected them to have an amazing season,” Seldon said. “Even if they had a bad season, I would’ve still stayed.”

With Seldon now joining a team that was a College Football Playoff contender this season, he has high hopes for what he and the rest of the Vols’ 2023 class will be able to accomplish in Knoxville over the next few years.

“Win a national championship,” he said.

Going to get creative!

d938baab-487d-492e-a08c-1df936c53069_text.gif

Those weights are a little inflated sometimes. Plove said he weighed in at 210 for the All-Star game. So realistically, he probably fluctuates in that 210-215 range. The problem with bulking up to 230 isn't necessarily straight line speed. It's losing wiggle and elusiveness. It can affect how quickly you come in and out of breaks on routes. 10 pounds can make a big difference at skill positions, even if it's "good" weight. In a college S&C, he can gain strength and speed without adding much additional weight.
You are absolutely correct. Even since I've been working out (though it's nowhere near on the level of a SEC S&C program) my weight hasn't fluctuated a ton but I've cut some fat and gotten more toned and I'm a heck of a lot stronger and agile than I was.

VN Store

Back