‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

Missed that last part...
screen-shot-2022-06-05-at-4-50-37-pm-png.461405

Thanks! Hard to believe either of Seldon or Cobb committed, and Bishop isn't a take yet from what I have heard/can tell. So maybe they're just letting him down easy?
I'll add:

But then one must ask why they would be letting him down? Because they don't want a RB this cycle? Or because they have something better?

I'll add:

But then one must ask why they would be letting him down? Because they don't want a RB this cycle? Or because they have something better?

Sounds like he's fallen down the board per AP, and at some point we WILL get at least one RB commitment, so it's probably smart business to tell him that his spot was simply taken by someone else who was ready to jump in rather than telling him "we don't think you're good enough." Because who knows, maybe he goes somewhere and does become good and wants to transfer...don't want to have burned that bridge (or any with his coaches, 7-on-7 folks, etc). Just guessing here...

Reactions: memtownvol
Sounds like he's fallen down the board per AP, and at some point we WILL get at least one RB commitment, so it's probably smart business to tell him that his spot was simply taken by someone else who was ready to jump in rather than telling him "we don't think you're good enough." Because who knows, maybe he goes somewhere and does become good and wants to transfer...don't want to have burned that bridge (or any with his coaches, 7-on-7 folks, etc). Just guessing here...
I'm not disagreeing. I'm alluding to the probability that cooling on him means we feel REALLY good about better than him.

Seldon will break records here at RB.

Need need need.

Honestly he'd be my #2 overall guy period behind Nico.

Above any other 5 stah or 4 stah.

Tiyon Evans when healthy showed how dangerous this offense is for RBs with breakaway speed.

NEEEEEED!!!

Seldon will break records here at RB.

Need need need.

Honestly he'd be my #2 overall guy period behind Nico.

Above any other 5 stah or 4 stah.

Tiyon Evans when healthy showed how dangerous this offense is for RBs with breakaway speed.

NEEEEEED!!!
I don't know that Seldon wants to be a full time RB. Versatility can raise draft stock and WR's are getting drafted early and often. They are also signing ridiculous $$$$ contracts. RB's, on the other hand, not so much. They have been devalued greatly in the NFL.

I don't know that Seldon wants to be a full time RB. Versatility can raise draft stock and WR's are getting drafted early and often. They are also signing ridiculous $$$$ contracts. RB's, on the other hand, not so much. They have been devalued greatly in the NFL.
This. Our best pitch to him ought not be around the idea of RB as his primary position unless it is his preference, which I though I remember reading it was not.

Our pitch should be to use him in the Deebo Samuel/Percy Harvin type role.

I’d call it the CP/Falcons role :)
I started to use him as another example, but after considering it, CP had 153 carries on 473 snaps, last year. That's about 1 out of every 3 snaps. Not sure we'd use him that much at RB, but possibly.

Thats cool too. Just give him 10 carries a game!

This. Our best pitch to him ought not be around the idea of RB as his primary position unless it is his preference, which I though I remember reading it was not.

Our pitch should be to use him in the Deebo Samuel/Percy Harvin type role.
I read pitch and instantly thought you had posted in the wrong thread. Ha.

Reactions: cncchris33
Samuel singleton or Cobb imo.. I think Seldon while could be a great RB they are recruiting him as an athlete and is a take regardless

Reactions: LittleVol
That said, because of 7 v 7 success, I think we maybe on the verge of seeing a similar devaluation of WRs due to a flood in the market. It will take a few years to correct, but I believe that’s coming.

I will also say that the Alvin Kamara style RB will see increased revenues coming their way because of previously stated versatility and the options that opens up for coordinators. Will be fun to see because I expect NIL valuations to be very similar to what you see with positional NFL contracts.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Yes, unless you're a RB who can pass block and catch, you're really not a hot commodity. RBs like Derrick Henry and offenses to suit them are a rarity.

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back