UT vs Clemson opening spread - UT +6

I agree, the QB is a Freshman with little playing time. He appears to be an athlete, but experience will be a factor as well as what Banks can do to keep him off his game. The line is right but who knows at this point with OPT outs for both teams a lot of things can change. Throwing the Freshman to the wolves should be interesting.

Milton is going to show up at some point. A lot of time to make it happen.
When you’re a freshman a lot depends on trust. You hit him early and make him second guess his protection and he will be thinking about it all game. Faster the decisions for a freshman the more likely for them to make bad decisions because the game is already moving faster than they’re accustomed to. Of course this kid has had almost an entire season to adjust.

Reactions: DMichel123
I don't understand all the Milton hate.

2022 63% completion rate, 720 yards, zero interceptions, 7 TDs, 13.3 yards Average per throw
He literally over throws 95% of his long passes. And he throws as hard as he can on screen passes. He needs a ton of work.

Reactions: chuckb1448
It was even but then we lost our starting QB so Clemson was favored by 3…then Clemson lost their string QB so they are now favored by 6…

Is Dabo just like Butch and Jeremy? Both those guys continued to play JG when any walk on would have been better. Clemson might not have lost a game if Dabo hadn’t stuck with the sucky QB all year. To me it doesn’t make him look like a good coach.

They will need to publish the rosters before making predictions, who will play in the game. I think Heupel is going to have to make some adjustments for Milton and go with a more conservative game plan against this defense. Forget the bombs throw short, include Milton in the run game and keep the ball away from Clemson.

This means a lot more for Tenn than clemson. They just played and won a conference championship and their fans were disappointed and fussing. Dabo and that weak ACC schedule has them spoiled.

Everybody underestimates our DLine. I expect a good game out of our defense in general. I think Milton will play solid or better. I expect us to be be ready on O and D. Our D, especially up front is going to show out. GBO

They will need to publish the rosters before making predictions, who will play in the game. I think Heupel is going to have to make some adjustments for Milton and go with a more conservative game plan against this defense. Forget the bombs throw short, include Milton in the run game and keep the ball away from Clemson.
You absolutely have to throw long sometimes. That keeps teams stretched and keeps safeties back. Not throwing deep at least every now then would be crazy. If anything run, and work the short passing game and chuck it deep at least 1 out if 10 plays. GBO

See whose siting out…but if I were betting, with what I think about both teams. I’d pick Clemson and give the points. I’d actually expect the spread to be higher. Good value picking Clemson. Of course if half their defense is out than I’d likely reconsider. Lots of variables in bowl games, makes for interesting betting. But for hard reading.

Last edited:
I think this game falls on Milton to make those shorter throws. We all know he can drop bombs.

Other teams showed that if you take the deep ball away it hurts us.

We need a running game and a threat of the deep ball, but we need Milton to hit the easy throws. Clemson can play decent defense.

Our defense needs to make Clemson one dimensional by taking the run away.

This will be a high score shootout like bama or it will be us getting blasted.

We definatelly can't beat them running the ball, got to have a balance attack

Clemson by a TD sounds about right. I’d be happy if we kept it a one score game with Bazooka at the helm.

Bowl season is such a crap shoot. You never know who will leave/sit out or what the mental state of a team is.

I think this game will come down to whether or not Clemson has a good run defense. If they can’t stop the run then we can hopefully overcome any struggles by Milton and we can keep their offense off the field.

My entire family lives in Clemson. One brother has his undergrad from there and the brother that went to Tennessee with me has his masters from Clemson. My wife and I lived there for two years. We have tons of friends that live there. I started talking trash as soon as they announced the bowl and I haven’t stopped. Really need the Vols to pull out a win.

man this game is huge for Heupel and Milton. Everyone loves his story and his measurables but If Milton continues to overthrow wide open WRs then we will be right back where we were in the first half of Pitt in 2021 and Heupel will have to, again, make a really tough decision. Last year an injury opened the door for Hooker. How long would Heupel have rode it out with Milton had that not happened? I just hope Milton comes out on fire and proves he can be the guy and avoids all that.

That’s what my opinion is. However, he will need to be able to put touch on those passes as well.

VN Store

Back