UT vs Clemson opening spread - UT +6

Considering where we were 2 years ago till now, I don’t think there is any doubt this game should be very important. All the guys that are coming back and see how far we have come and the coaches who have helped get us to this point. And every senior that hits the field at the Orange Bowl this is there last chance to showcase themselves and Tennessee. 15 years of being down, this is just the beginning of our RISE! No matter what we gotta be bring the heart,fire and fight with us. Let everyone know Tennessee football is back with the lead pack! Go Big Orange!!!! Whip Clemson! Get the Victory!

This game seems pretty simple to me. Clemson is going to be out to prove they're a new team after their big QB change. If Milton can play the game some on here assert he can play, then Tennessee will be competitive and the +6 is high. If, on the other hand, Milton struggles to complete 50% of his passes and the offense sputters too much to keep up, Tennessee will be in serious trouble and the +6 is generous.

We will have trouble running the football unless we complet 65% of pass attempts. Clemson does have a very good defense.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
I'd feel much more confident if DJ was playing QB for them. Not sure about this other dude. I would take his stats against UNC with a grain of salt. Its one thing to come off the bench and play the hero. Its another thing to be the man when all the pressure is on. As we've seen with Milton, he can look great in garbage time, but struggle when he is playing as the starter.

UNC gave that game away to Clemson. UNC moved the ball at ease but an exchange fumble, blocked kick, pick 6 in the redzone doomed them by the 3rd quarter. I'm sure most Clemson fans will feel confident simply by looking at our most recent common opponent. But, we were missing our starting LB and defense looked heavyfooted from the start. Not sure if it was the pressure, overlooking the opponent, missing Jeremy Banks, the hostile environment, etc but I'd like to think that while our defense isn't great, the USCe game was out of the oridinary. Just gotta play clean, turnover free football and I like our chances. Even if Joe Milton airmails a few sure TD passes.

it'll come down before kickoff.

the ACC is terrible, quite a few SEC teams can handle Clemson, I'm not concerned.

We will have trouble running the football unless we complet 65% of pass attempts. Clemson does have a very good defense.
I'm not sure that Clemson defense has seen tempo like UT runs. I think Heupel will mix it up early to get Clemson's D off balance. If we can get the momentum early, we can have their secondary guessing run and getting beat.

Their young QB is going to try to get his shots in and our D Line needs to put the fear of SEC in him early and make him hurry his throws and be distracted. He's young. He's on the biggest stage he's ever seen. He can be intimidated and if he beats us under pressure, he deserves it.

We've got to try to make Clemson play the game at our pace and be off balance.

This game seems pretty simple to me. Clemson is going to be out to prove they're a new team after their big QB change. If Milton can play the game some on here assert he can play, then Tennessee will be competitive and the +6 is high. If, on the other hand, Milton struggles to complete 50% of his passes and the offense sputters too much to keep up, Tennessee will be in serious trouble and the +6 is generous.
I think it ends up in the 8-10 range. If you don't have a qb, you don't have an offense and we know what our defense is so that spread might still be too low.

Going to be Milton overthrowing everything. Is Nico here yet? Can't get here soon enough.

Both schools played South Carolina , and one got blown out, the other made it close. One school made adjustments during the games, well, we know how it ended
Our entire season shouldn’t be defined by that one game against SC.

Without Hook I can see that. But with the RBs it could swing the other way too. Not surprised

RB's? Did you miss that Clemson has two very good running backs, Shipley and Mafeh? They have a couple of decent backups even with Kobe Pace hitting the portal.

Pace is good enough that maybe Heup should offer him. He's a good runner, good pass catcher, and a very good blocker. He's a Bill Andrews type guy. Compact, muscular, hard to bring down if you hit him high.

I think the Orange Bowl will be a “new“ game for both UT/Clemson. It’s really a matter of who (coaches/players) wants the win more for both New Years and as importantly setti g the tone for the upcoming 2023 season.

For us fans, let’s just concentrate on supporting our team in giving us one last bit of 2022 season satisfaction. It’s been a great ride!

Some of us fans have had to live with Clemson fans and worse, band waggon Clemson fans. Also, fuel for the ACC vs SEC debate.

I hope we take this game seriously.

VN Store

Back