UT vs Ball State opening night is now Thursday night

This just makes football season two days closer. Get to watch the Vols on Thursday and then have a stress-free three days of watching Labor Day weekend football. Can’t believe there are people out there that don’t love this. I hope we start doing it every year.

I live in Knoxville so that certainly doesn't bother me. But it is beneficial for a couple reasons. Gives us extra time to prepare for Pitt, and gets everyone out of the heat of a likely noon kickoff.

Evens things up too bc I believe Pitt plays WVU that Thursday as well

I’m warming up to this, but I’m still not ready to fully accept this . I hope Danny White takes this under advisement moving forward.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
This just makes football season two days closer. Get to watch the Vols on Thursday and then have a stress-free three days of watching Labor Day weekend football. Can’t believe there are people out there that don’t love this. I hope we start doing it every year.

Yes. Wife and I will leave work at noon on Thursday and drive up for the evening kick-off (no sun to battle either). Good hotels will be plentiful and more affordable. A stress free Saturday can't be taken for granted.........

Reactions: DeusExMachina
Just booked our timeshare in Pigeon Forge for that weekend! Get to go to the football game, then celebrate our anniversary Saturday, then come home Sunday and have a holiday off Monday! woot woot!!

People said I was crazy for getting married on September 3rd. Crazy like a fox!

Here is an overview of the actual downtown hotels for Thursday-Saturday. Looks like the range is 185-1100 night with an average of about 250DD7D45D8-B462-4920-886E-DFFF4A85CBA2.png

Reactions: BigDave
She's letting you go without her? WTAH?
She's gotta work Friday because she didn't want to take time off with us taking off time off a couple weeks later and again in October. She's never been to a game at Neyland so she doesn't know what she's missing yet.

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back