UT vs Ball State opening night is now Thursday night

Well just another f u to the fan base. I feel bad for out of town fans who keep getting shafted. It’s not like moving it to Thursday is going to really affect viewership.
How can you say that? A game that would have probably been a 12PM Saturday kickoff against a no name program that likely would be up against other higher profile matchups is now going to be a primetime Thursday night game probably the only College Football game on at that time.

I don’t mind the Thursday games, I just wish they’d announce it with the rest of the schedule instead of waiting a few months. Not fun for those of us on the west side of state that have tickets.
Hurts folks that have already made plans / reservations. Unfortunately, in the grand scheme that's probably a smaller number than the benefits of doing a Thursday night game like this.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Obviously someone needs fired for this! Am I right?!👀🤣

She's gotta work Friday because she didn't want to take time off with us taking off time off a couple weeks later and again in October. She's never been to a game at Neyland so she doesn't know what she's missing yet.
Boy, you better have a good plan. When she figures out what she's been missing you are toast. Lol

Reactions: volsrock09
Not a fan of these Thursday night games. They may be good for exposure, but it's not the same experience as a Saturday tailgate. Not everyone can take Friday off. It just diminishes the experience.

How can you say that? A game that would have probably been a 12PM Saturday kickoff against a no name program that likely would be up against other higher profile matchups is now going to be a primetime Thursday night game probably the only College Football game on at that time.
Pitt/wvu and penn at/Purdue are both that night too. Outside of some random die hard sec people, no one but Tennessee fans will give a damn about this game if there are other power 5 games on

Anyone who HATES this makes no sense.

We get to wait two less days!

The team gets more rest and more time to prep for a really important game!

Like wtf is your deal?

We better use the 10 days to be ready to beat Pitt. Losing to Pitt again could really stunt our momentum.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Anyone who HATES this makes no sense.

We get to wait two less days!

The team gets more rest and more time to prep for a really important game!

Like wtf is your deal?

We better use the 10 days to be ready to beat Pitt. Losing to Pitt again could really stunt our momentum.
But we get to wait two more days for game #2.

True it will feel like forever til we play Pitt.
Im guessing that Pitt game will not be a Noon kickoff this time around. Don’t know the Week 2 slate, but I’m guessing a 3:30 kickoff at the earliest.

Edit: We’re the #2 or 3 game that week based on what I’ve seen.
1) Notre Dame at Ohio State (Fox)
2) Tennessee at Pitt or Utah at Florida
Florida is probably the ESPN game which means we could get ABC Saturday night

Last edited:

VN Store

Back