UT cancels classes

I can hardly fathom the mental gymnastics required to reach the conclusions you post above. 700 people sick, 7 dead. A pre-algebra seventh grader knows that is a 1% rate. However, you seem confident it's a good idea to only consider those "dead or healed" as the sample size. Therefore 2.1% of the dead or recovered died!!!!! Oh noes!!!! If you can't tell, I'm a little pissed. Please accept my apologies for my tone. I just dropped $330 on groceries I didn't need because "the shelves are gonna be bare if we don't go now" said the bosslady.

Anyway, you then proceed to apply some magic margin of error of 1.1 percent so as to reach the sum of 3.2. There are not margins of error in this experiment. You dead, or you ain't. I would also like to know why the other half of the parties are still listed as not recovered some 4 weeks after they contracted the virus. I posit they are all healed and the data simply hasn't been updated. Anyone on here doubt that if one more died, the 7 would be instantly updated? Me neither.

I consider my numbers still un-refuted.

I can't help if you don't understand how statistics and analysis works. 700 sick, yes, but of those 700, 364 are still sick. Only 336 outcomes are known; 7 died, the rest recovered. If 700 football games are being played today, and 336 have finished, you can compute the outcome of those 336 games; you lost 7 games, you won 329. You can't compute the outcome on the 364, they are still being played. What don't you understand about that?

So, you're starting number isn't 700, it's 336. Of those 336, 7 died. 7/336 = 2.1% Of the 364 people that are still sick, your previous 7 out of 336 tells you that another 7 or 8 will die. So, if you apply that, you get your additional 1.1% for an error rate. Those 7 or 8 may die, they may not. Statistics say that based on the similar sample size, the rate should hold steady, so you work within that. Which means you may only get 5 or 6 additional deaths, or you could get 10 or 12. There is your error rate. So of the 364 games still being played, if you hold true to your previous rate, you will only lose 7 or 8, but could be only 5 or 6, or 10 to 12.

If you buy 700 lottery tickets, and you only scratch off 336, and 7 were winners, you don't have a 1% win rate (7 out of 700). You've only determined what half of the results are.

I think you misinterpret what I was saying in response to your post. I agree totally with what you are putting forth. What I think is "bad" is the panic that is being generated. (a prime example is the "run of toilet paper") If this one reaction to the illness and the government/public response to it is a harbinger of things to come, well the illness will be forgotten in the depression it spawns. I like you say, let's hold on and slow down. As with our football program, time is needed to produce facts and progress.
Ah, If I misinterpreted your response, I offer my apologies. I'm used to being attacked for my line of thinking, so I may have been trigger happy to see your statement in another light. I seem to be in complete agreement with what you posted here. This panic is the worst thing I believe I've witnessed my country face in my 47 years on this earth. The shelves of all the grocery stores in east TN are more bare than I've ever seen them.

Reactions: savannahfan
I can't help if you don't understand how statistics and analysis works. 700 sick, yes, but of those 700, 364 are still sick. Only 336 outcomes are known; 7 died, the rest recovered. If 700 football games are being played today, and 336 have finished, you can compute the outcome of those 336 games; you lost 7 games, you won 329. You can't compute the outcome on the 364, they are still being played. What don't you understand about that?

So, you're starting number isn't 700, it's 336. Of those 336, 7 died. 7/336 = 2.1% Of the 364 people that are still sick, your previous 7 out of 336 tells you that another 7 or 8 will die. So, if you apply that, you get your additional 1.1% for an error rate. Those 7 or 8 may die, they may not. Statistics say that based on the similar sample size, the rate should hold steady, so you work within that. Which means you may only get 5 or 6 additional deaths, or you could get 10 or 12. There is your error rate. So of the 364 games still being played, if you hold true to your previous rate, you will only lose 7 or 8, but could be only 5 or 6, or 10 to 12.

If you buy 700 lottery tickets, and you only scratch off 336, and 7 were winners, you don't have a 1% win rate (7 out of 700). You've only determined what half of the results are.
Math. Teacher.
That would be my title. I understand statistics.

Did you seriously just compare the coronavirus to bets on sports or scratch off tickets? Your entire line of reasoning presupposes there is an equal chance the "non-outcomed" sicknesses will produce deaths as compared to the already outcomed cases. What evidence do you have to justify this belief? Have we seen anyone contract coronavirus, fight it for a solid month, then succumb to it and die?

Yes, if we were dealing with unfinished sports games or unscratched tickets, your statistical calculations would be completely accurate. However, it's nothing short of blatant fear-mongering to state that there exists a likelihood of death among those we are still monitoring only out of a multitude of caution. How many of the unresolved cases are septuagenarians? How many have immuno-compromising situations? This group is, by the very definition of its survival thus far, a different subset of humans than those who have resolved. You cannot scientifically make a statistical comparison between the expected death rates of the two groups.

Please let me know when someone else from the Diamond Princess has died from coronavirus and at such time I will sadly amend my 1% death rate.

Math. Teacher.
That would be my title. I understand statistics.

Did you seriously just compare the coronavirus to bets on sports or scratch off tickets? Your entire line of reasoning presupposes there is an equal chance the "non-outcomed" sicknesses will produce deaths as compared to the already outcomed cases. What evidence do you have to justify this belief? Have we seen anyone contract coronavirus, fight it for a solid month, then succumb to it and die?

Yes, if we were dealing with unfinished sports games or unscratched tickets, your statistical calculations would be completely accurate. However, it's nothing short of blatant fear-mongering to state that there exists a likelihood of death among those we are still monitoring only out of a multitude of caution. How many of the unresolved cases are septuagenarians? How many have immuno-compromising situations? This group is, by the very definition of its survival thus far, a different subset of humans than those who have resolved. You cannot scientifically make a statistical comparison between the expected death rates of the two groups.

Please let me know when someone else from the Diamond Princess has died from coronavirus and at such time I will sadly amend my 1% death rate.

What part of my post is unclear. I never said all the unresolved cases would die I said is 7 out of 336 died, the remaining 364 would have a death rate similar. If you are truly a math teacher, then you would understand the calculations without having to be explained. You can't even understand basic statistics.

And if you go back to my original post, I was agreeing, that this wouldn't be as bad as folks were saying. Ten times the death rate of flu is ridiculous based on the numbers. You just can't get out of your own way.

Let's look at your use case of the Diamond Princess. 3500 people on that ship right? 700 got sick? That's a 20% infection rate. That's your argument? Do you really think 20% of the 300+ million people in the U.S. are going to get sick? That's 60+ million people. Do you really think our system could handle that? And your 1% death rate? Of 60+million? That's over 600,000 dead, using your reasoning. Now that's what I call fear mongering right there.

Expand your sample size. Hubei is the province that includes Wuhan. It has a population of 58.5 million people. That's a sample rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: I40flyer
Respectfully, schools get closed fairly often due to influenza outbreak. Since you mentioned the CDC here are their recommendations re: such:

Questions and Answers about CDC Guidance for State and Local Public Health Officials and School Administrators for School (K-12) Responses to Influenza during the 2009-2010 School Year

"Q. How will the decision be made to dismiss schools? The decision to dismiss students will be made at the community level. School officials should work closely with their local and state public health and government officials to make sound decisions, based on local conditions. The decision should consider the number and severity of cases in an outbreak (looking at national, regional, and local data), the risks of flu spread and benefits of dismissal, the problems that school dismissal can cause for families and communities, and different types of dismissal (selective, reactive, and preemptive). CDC may recommend preemptive dismissals based on information that the outbreak is becoming more severe. An increase in flu spread without an impact on disease outcomes will not lead to the use of preemptive dismissals in most cases. "
They do so AFTER there is evidence of a local outbreak.... not before. The University of Missouri has suspended classes as well. There are TWO confirmed cases in the WHOLE STATE... and they cancelled classes. One was in Springfield and the other in St Louis. Both victims had traveled.... neither to Columbia.

Within the first six months of H1N1 when Obama was President, 3,900 people died in the US alone. The federal government in fact DID react slowly and poorly. School wasn't cancelled. Sporting events weren't cancelled. The media didn't create a stock market panic.

This was a political play by the left and especially the media to create an issue for Dems in the presidential election. It has now gotten out of hand and cannot be controlled. They intended it to be a precisely targeted strike... but used a nuke.

Last edited:
I appreciate the feedback but I really find it to be a stretch of it being a political agenda.
The Obama Administration reacted slowly and poorly to H1N1 in spite of having more time to see it coming. After reaching the US, 3,900 people died within the first 6 months. There was no panic. It hardly made the news and when it did... it was never laid at the feet of Obama.

It is no stretch whatsoever to say the panic is a political and leftwing media creation. It simply is.

The virus itself would still be a problem to solve.... but the panic is WAY out of proportion.

Watching early info come out of Wuhan on a limited basis has had many, many medical professionals genuinely concerned from the beginning. Use common sense, wash your hands, limit exposure, and wait. It will be apparent in a week or so on how bad it will get, but I haven’t been missing work. Comparison to other diseases at this point is meaningless as it is still in its early phases.
If it is pointless at this point then why is the reaction so much more panicked? I agree that there isn't enough information to precisely say how deadly it is. We know that it spreads aggressively. And the reaction is STILL completely out of proportion to that of other outbreaks over the last 20 years. It is a political, not scientific, creation.

Oh boy, you did not do good with numbers class (Mathematics) , did you ? You can look at the data and see in all categories COVID has 10x higher mortality rate, no matter how you bin it. Binning was part of basic algebra man.
show your work... I love how people just make statements like that and walk off show me these numbers because from what I see my math is right and you're just blabbering. Point out the hole... none of the categories in that chart overlap... so it is impossible to make a legitimate comparison using that chart.

Colleges further teaching millennial types how to deal with adversity...pack up your stuff and go home to your helicopter and lawnmower parents....

What part of my post is unclear. I never said all the unresolved cases would die I said is 7 out of 336 died, the remaining 364 would have a death rate similar. If you are truly a math teacher, then you would understand the calculations without having to be explained. You can't even understand basic statistics.

And if you go back to my original post, I was agreeing, that this wouldn't be as bad as folks were saying. Ten times the death rate of flu is ridiculous based on the numbers. You just can't get out of your own way.

Let's look at your use case of the Diamond Princess. 3500 people on that ship right? 700 got sick? That's a 20% infection rate. That's your argument? Do you really think 20% of the 300+ million people in the U.S. are going to get sick? That's 60+ million people. Do you really think our system could handle that? And your 1% death rate? Of 60+million? That's over 600,000 dead, using your reasoning. Now that's what I call fear mongering right there.

Expand your sample size. Hubei is the province that includes Wuhan. It has a population of 58.5 million people. That's a sample rate.
I wish you luck in your future endeavors, sir. Thank you for your time in responding to my posts. This will be my last response here.

You posted "the remaining 364 would have a death rate similar." That is precisely what I accused you of saying. You cannot scientifically say that. The two subsets of the 700 are inherently different.

The CDC (I know you're fond of government sources) states that in the USA an estimated 36-51 million people contracted flu in the 2019-20 season. We have a vaccine for that and still possibly 50 million contracted it. [rounding] 20 million went to the doctor. Half a million required hospital visits. Between 22 and 55 thousand died. Yes, I'm stating it's fully possible many millions of people will contract coronavirus. But, non-scientifically speaking, I have confidence the numbers will be less because it was only 20% in a very specifically close-quarters environment. I admit that's non-scientific. Just my belief, and hope. Thousands may die of corona. I pray not. Thousands die of flu every year. I pray that would cease, too.

You wish me to use the Chinese numbers, but you simply cannot. They have not tested each and every individual in that sample set. All 3500 aboard the Diamond Princess were monitored and tested. That is a scientific test. Your Hubei numbers are absolutely meaningless. That is, of course, if we even accept that the Chinese have any reason whatsoever to tell the world the truth. Those numbers are still as meaningless as the people in Ohio "estimating" as many as 100K may be infected there. We are pulling ludicrous numbers out of thin air.

They elderly and immuno-compromised will continue to die in high percentages to this virus. The rest of us will experience, at an incredibly high percentage, very mild symptoms. I trust a vaccine and anti-viral cures are quickly found. I stand by my assertions that the media has fanned this into mass hysteria and tanked global economies as a result. That has real consequences. At this point I firmly believe more lives will be lost in the United States due to economic suppression than the virus itself.

You can accuse me of not being a math teacher all you want. The State Board of Education kindly disagrees with you.

Good day to you all.

938 confirmed cases and 29 deaths in US. Most were the elderly in Washington. Everything is under control. The DHS/CISA just released update
I’m gonna play as nice as I can here but you are ignorant or slow if you believe everything is under control when major sports leagues, entire industries (cruise lines) , money raising festivals, and public school systems at the college and now k-12 level in my state are voluntarily are shutting down losing millions upon millions of dollars all because everything is under control. The CDC and state health agencies are driving that narrative to private industry because distancing IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL BE UNDER CONTROL in the near future. They aren’t doing this because of the media hysteria or some guy that rides a desk at a hospital said not to, they are doing it because math experts, disease experts with medical degrees, and people who study population distribution are demanding it in order to slow the progression rate.

I’m gonna play as nice as I can here but you are ignorant or slow if you believe everything is under control when major sports leagues, entire industries (cruise lines) , money raising festivals, and public school systems at the college and now k-12 level in my state are voluntarily are shutting down losing millions upon millions of dollars all because everything is under control. The CDC and state health agencies are driving that narrative to private industry because distancing IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL BE UNDER CONTROL in the near future. They aren’t doing this because of the media hysteria or some guy that rides a desk at a hospital said not to, they are doing it because math experts, disease experts with medical degrees, and people who study population distribution are demanding it in order to slow the progression rate.

play as nice or not nice and name call all you want. But it's completely under control, and this is going to end up being relatively nothing compared to other diseases/viruses.

Let the people who actually know what they are talking about work on the details, and go and put your 45 loads of toilet paper up

I wish you luck in your future endeavors, sir. Thank you for your time in responding to my posts. This will be my last response here.

You posted "the remaining 364 would have a death rate similar." That is precisely what I accused you of saying. You cannot scientifically say that. The two subsets of the 700 are inherently different.

The CDC (I know you're fond of government sources) states that in the USA an estimated 36-51 million people contracted flu in the 2019-20 season. We have a vaccine for that and still possibly 50 million contracted it. [rounding] 20 million went to the doctor. Half a million required hospital visits. Between 22 and 55 thousand died. Yes, I'm stating it's fully possible many millions of people will contract coronavirus. But, non-scientifically speaking, I have confidence the numbers will be less because it was only 20% in a very specifically close-quarters environment. I admit that's non-scientific. Just my belief, and hope. Thousands may die of corona. I pray not. Thousands die of flu every year. I pray that would cease, too.

You wish me to use the Chinese numbers, but you simply cannot. They have not tested each and every individual in that sample set. All 3500 aboard the Diamond Princess were monitored and tested. That is a scientific test. Your Hubei numbers are absolutely meaningless. That is, of course, if we even accept that the Chinese have any reason whatsoever to tell the world the truth. Those numbers are still as meaningless as the people in Ohio "estimating" as many as 100K may be infected there. We are pulling ludicrous numbers out of thin air.

They elderly and immuno-compromised will continue to die in high percentages to this virus. The rest of us will experience, at an incredibly high percentage, very mild symptoms. I trust a vaccine and anti-viral cures are quickly found. I stand by my assertions that the media has fanned this into mass hysteria and tanked global economies as a result. That has real consequences. At this point I firmly believe more lives will be lost in the United States due to economic suppression than the virus itself.

You can accuse me of not being a math teacher all you want. The State Board of Education kindly disagrees with you.

Good day to you all.

The two subsets are NOT inherently different. They are a random sampling from the same source. The 336 is a random sample of sick people from the same 700 that the 364 is from. And those are again, from the same selection of the 3500 from the cruise ship. Each half of the 700 are as likely to contain sick or old people as young healthy people.

And again, I have at least provided links to my data, while you talk of meaningless estimates (a paraphrasing using your words).

So, your argument is you really do agree the numbers say that millions will get sick, and thousands, maybe tens of thousands may die, but your gut says it's just not going to happen. OK. Sure, you go with that.

I figure that it will be very flu like or less, and have shown how I got to that conclusion, including links,

Good day and good luck to you.

show your work... I love how people just make statements like that and walk off show me these numbers because from what I see my math is right and you're just blabbering. Point out the hole... none of the categories in that chart overlap... so it is impossible to make a legitimate comparison using that chart.

Google binning and re-bin that data. You can now compare and see. You do not even have to do that, look at a rough age group and see how, say for people under 49. The two data points are not even on same level to need such binning. COVID is 10x more fatal than FLU in almost all categories. How do you think one can 'massage' that data and show otherwise ? You can only massage the data in this case if you had comparable values on each side.

For all ages under 49, if you add up both pictures (you can assume uniform population distribution or weight any population group however you think is appropriate), you will see that highest mortality possible for FLU is 0.06% while lowest mortality possible for COVID is 0.2%. Worst case scenario from this data for FLU vs Best Case for COVID from this data is still 3 times lower.
Now do all 50 and older, Worst case for FLU gets you 0.83 while just 50-59 i COVID is almost twice that. You Add 60-69 it becomes 4 times that (assuming normal population distribution). and add older folks easliy goes to 10x. No matter how you play with the data, FLU is almost 3-10x lower fatal that COVID.
Further, you do not even need a binning or category to see that over all spectrum COVID is an order of magnitude fatal that FLU on normal comparisons from chart. If you really can't fathom that fact from that chart, please ask UT for refund (or what ever school you went to).

Last edited:
Reactions: k-town_king
play as nice or not nice and name call all you want. But it's completely under control, and this is going to end up being relatively nothing compared to other diseases/viruses.

Let the people who actually know what they are talking about work on the details, and go and put your 45 loads of toilet paper up
Never called names I said "you are ignorant (of the totality of circumstances and how the government is approaching this) or slow ( to react to information until yo can see things getting worse before you are concerned) if you think things are under control before mass social gatherings, classes etc. are cancelled. It may be under control now as a result of aggressive proactive actions taken since Tuesday but even that reamins to be seen. Look with all due respect (and I do mean that) I was willing to give you an out for your misguided post with no medical degree based on the meetings twice a week from behind your desk that flies in the face of everything that has happened in the last 36 hours. But if you insist on doubling down on the misguided information you think you understand I'm gonna simplify it for you.

I am a first responder and Volunteer fireman and when I get to a house and do a size up, the neighbors are saying it doesn't look bad cause of the small amount of smoke coming from the outside and sometimes they're right and sometimes they are dead wrong. When we make interior entry find one room fully engulfed spreading to the attic and I send a team to the roof to vent the attic and then proceed to dump 3000 gallons of water inside the structure which writes off the room, alot of flooring and the ceilings from that end of the house. When the team gets back out side the neighbors see that
A) we were there for 8 minutes and everything is extinguished and 80% of the structure is saved and they assume
B) It wasn't bad just like they told us.
When the reality is a proactive interior attack is what saved the house and two minutes later of waiting and watching or dumping water from the outside and we would have " saved the foundation" which is fire speak for it burned to the ground.

A proactive approach to this is what most government health offices have analyzed is the only way (with no current vaccines or clear understanding of incubation and recurrence) to prevent a true catastrophic pandemic that would especially impact the vulnerable in our society. By the time the do nothing folks like you would realize the bad state of affairs it would be too late...You most likely will be right that this turns into a minor event but it will be because proactive aggressive measures were taken by those in charge and not because people sat on their hands, because only a few old folks in Washington state died, until it was too late like you seem to advocate.

Reactions: JuicyBrucey
In two or three weeks, UT Medical Center will be over capacity, with non-emergency surgeries postponed and OBGYN doctors intubating men, some as young as UT athletes. They may need the dormitory space for overflow.

Lmao no they won’t

I hope you’re right, but hospitals in parts of China were overcapacity, now hospitals in the wealthiest part of Italy are overcapacity. It’s getting that way in the Netherlands. I don’t think it’ll be any different in the USA, or Canada either.

Never called names I said "you are ignorant (of the totality of circumstances and how the government is approaching this) or slow ( to react to information until yo can see things getting worse before you are concerned) if you think things are under control before mass social gatherings, classes etc. are cancelled. It may be under control now as a result of aggressive proactive actions taken since Tuesday but even that reamins to be seen. Look with all due respect (and I do mean that) I was willing to give you an out for your misguided post with no medical degree based on the meetings twice a week from behind your desk that flies in the face of everything that has happened in the last 36 hours. But if you insist on doubling down on the misguided information you think you understand I'm gonna simplify it for you.

I am a first responder and Volunteer fireman and when I get to a house and do a size up, the neighbors are saying it doesn't look bad cause of the small amount of smoke coming from the outside and sometimes they're right and sometimes they are dead wrong. When we make interior entry find one room fully engulfed spreading to the attic and I send a team to the roof to vent the attic and then proceed to dump 3000 gallons of water inside the structure which writes off the room, alot of flooring and the ceilings from that end of the house. When the team gets back out side the neighbors see that
A) we were there for 8 minutes and everything is extinguished and 80% of the structure is saved and they assume
B) It wasn't bad just like they told us.
When the reality is a proactive interior attack is what saved the house and two minutes later of waiting and watching or dumping water from the outside and we would have " saved the foundation" which is fire speak for it burned to the ground.

A proactive approach to this is what most government health offices have analyzed is the only way (with no current vaccines or clear understanding of incubation and recurrence) to prevent a true catastrophic pandemic that would especially impact the vulnerable in our society. By the time the do nothing folks like you would realize the bad state of affairs it would be too late...You most likely will be right that this turns into a minor event but it will be because proactive aggressive measures were taken by those in charge and not because people sat on their hands, because only a few old folks in Washington state died, until it was too late like you seem to advocate.
I’m not “do nothing” but im also not a volunteer firefighter freaking out and panicking over something that is being handled.

So far 38 people have died from covid in the US. as stated before most of those came from one state (30) and nursing home (26 or was it 24?). Even taking into account its only been a short while lets extrapolate it over a year.. factoring in at this point there is no treatment or vaccine and for the flu there are both. the fact its worldwide means there will likely at the very least be treatment in the very near future we are looking at WORLDWIDE numbers of that same 61k a year..

Right now it's at its worst, running rampant. 4718 deaths confirmed worldwide of those 4300 are in China (3056) Italy (827) and Iran (429). India the most populated and crowded (also one of the poorest per capita) country on earth has 73 confirmed cases and 1 death. I think the hysteria needs to calm down some until we have answers. The main reason moves are being made so fast here is litigation. Folks are scared to get sued just in case. I don't mean scared someone gets it at their event or place of business and dies I mean someone sues them because they didn't close their store and their neighbor's cat had a heart attack because that's how suing works in America.

A popular Rapper slapped someone (ended up being a female) because they hit him in the face with a cell phone taking a picture he couldn't identify them because of the flash. he put out a 10k bounty so he could contact her and apologize. Some chick pops up tries to sue him because he caused a "concussion to her jaw" yup read that a few times and let it sink in. She wasn't even the lady she was someone standing near her. The fact that someone can bring up a bogus suit like that against you and it likely make it to court is the reason folks are so scared and will shut things down in a minute.
Great post. Over 100 Americans are KILLED in cars every day, 365/year, this says nothing regarding those injured-seriously injured, yet the requirements for getting a license to drive is, if anything, being made easier! At least one state dropped parallel parking as part of their drivers test-reason: it was too hard. I'd like to see a chart where the age of those that have died, and if they did or did not have additional illness(s). How many healthy 21 year old Americans have died from the Chinese woowhoo virus? Those using the "data" supplied by the red Chinese are idiots, these are the people[red Chinese] that are now claiming the woowhoo virus was given to red china by the American Military!!

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I hope you’re right, but hospitals in parts of China were overcapacity, now hospitals in the wealthiest part of Italy are overcapacity. It’s getting that way in the Netherlands. I don’t think it’ll be any different in the USA, or Canada either.
Those great countries with socialized medicine are really showing their stuff!!! The "hospitals" in red china may have been at overcapacity, but their ability to actually cure/care for until recovery, patients was/is what is expected from a nationalized-socialized medicine system. I believe this is why the commies would not allow our CDC in, as they knew our team would be shock when they saw the "treatment".

Those great countries with socialized medicine are really showing their stuff!!! The "hospitals" in red china may have been at overcapacity, but their ability to actually cure/care for until recovery, patients was/is what is expected from a nationalized-socialized medicine system. I believe this is why the commies would not allow our CDC in, as they knew our team would be shock when they saw the "treatment".

Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea will all three have lower fatality rates per capita than the USA, since our COVID-19 cases are growing rapidly while theirs are under control. They actually tracked the cases. They also live longer than Americans already. The USA is at 41 deaths to Canada’s 1, though both countries’ numbers are about to go exponential similar to Europe’s. People are laughing at the idea of UT using dormitories for overflow, but an Econo Lodge is already being used in Washington state for that purpose.

Last edited:
Great post. Over 100 Americans are KILLED in cars every day, 365/year, this says nothing regarding those injured-seriously injured, yet the requirements for getting a license to drive is, if anything, being made easier! At least one state dropped parallel parking as part of their drivers test-reason: it was too hard. I'd like to see a chart where the age of those that have died, and if they did or did not have additional illness(s). How many healthy 21 year old Americans have died from the Chinese woowhoo virus? Those using the "data" supplied by the red Chinese are idiots, these are the people[red Chinese] that are now claiming the woowhoo virus was given to red china by the American Military!!

The difference is the rate of car fatalities is steady. The number of COVID-19 cases probably won’t remain steady over the coming weeks, hence the concern. I agree that China’s data is unreliable, but so is the USA’s. If we were testing as much as the South Koreans, our cases would be drastically higher than what they are. The number of cases in South Korea, Taiwan, and Singapore are pretty accurate. The American CDC tested 77 people this week. The Koreans test tens of thousands each week. If you believe the USA’s official numbers, you’ll believe anything.

Reactions: VolNExile
The difference is the rate of car fatalities is steady. The number of COVID-19 cases probably won’t remain steady over the coming weeks, hence the concern. I agree that China’s data is unreliable, but so is the USA’s. If we were testing as much as the South Koreans, our cases would be drastically higher than what they are. The number of cases in South Korea, Taiwan, and Singapore are pretty accurate. The American CDC tested 77 people this week. The Koreans test tens of thousands each week. If you believe the USA’s official numbers, you’ll believe anything.
I suspect you are correct when you state, "IF we were testing as much as South Koreans, our cases would be drastically higher than what they are" (now). Why? Because the vast majority of those getting the virus, get sick for about 24 hours (like the 24-48 hour bug), and don't even know they had the woowhoon virus. I do believe the USA's official death toll numbers. The more testing that is done, drives the death rate down-way down. When you say you agree that red china's data is unreliable, that is one of the biggest Understatements of all time!!! Car fatalities while steady are huge, to dismiss over 100 Americans every single day, because the numbers are "steady", is sad. If it doesn't fit your narrative, you're willing to overlook over a 100 daily deaths-this is too woke for me.

VN Store

Back