UT administration after Kiffan bolted...

Our AD was an idiot to hire an unproven loser in Kiffin in the first place. Oh he was the hot name. Bull crap. How could a guy who never coached a down in college and was a titanic loser in the NFL the hot name in college coaches? Lord we have had the dumbest ADs in college football.

We hired Lane because of his dad, Monte. When that didn’t work out, our brilliant AD decided to do the same thing again, and hire Dooley because of his dad, Vince. You can’t make this crap up

Why can't we let this kiffin crap go. He has been gone for like 10 or 11 years now. Who cares about that idiot.

Because without a doubt the coaching was better than it would ne the next 10 years.

And his leaving after a good 1st year and an excellent recruiting class set the stage for the next decade of atrocious football.

Because without a doubt the coaching was better than it would ne the next 10 years.

And his leaving after a good 1st year and an excellent recruiting class set the stage for the next decade of atrocious football.

Lane Kiffin wasn’t responsible for Dooley getting offered and hired. Lane Kiffin wasn’t responsible for Butch getting offered and hired. Lane Kiffin wasn’t responsible for Jeremy Pruitt getting offered and hired.

...were BAFOONS and that's actually insulting those lovable primates.

Seeing these blue bloods make moves like this is very telling. It proves our fanbase was not crazy for wanting the best back when Kiffen bolted for USC.

Who did we get.. Derek frickin Dooley who had a losing record at La. Tech. W.T.A.Frick.

Then we follow that up with 2 equally disastrous hires in Botch and Cornbread. I just pray that we can hold onto JH and he brings us back.

Go VOLS!!!
The fanbase is never in control of who gets hired. The only time I’ve ever seen anything close to it was the backlash we gave against currie and schiano. Booster and AD make the call, we drink the koolaid bc we love our team. Our only role is to be passionate and loyal and hope that we start winning again.

That said. The AD and boosters made idiotic decisions. They cheaped out instead of just buying themself into a winning football team again like they should have, especially as a top 3 school in the country from a football program revenue standpoint.

Why do we continue to dwell on the past when for the first time in a long time, we have hope?! I'm not suggesting we forget the past, but let's stop rolling around in it. Love you all, even though we're one seriously jacked up family. :) GBO!

Reactions: Volizona

Seeing these blue bloods make moves like this is very telling. It proves our fanbase was not crazy for wanting the best back when Kiffen bolted for USC.

Who did we get.. Derek frickin Dooley who had a losing record at La. Tech. W.T.A.Frick.

Then we follow that up with 2 equally disastrous hires in Botch and Cornbread. I just pray that we can hold onto JH and he brings us back.

Go VOLS!!!
This is TRUE! Also a big factor is AD. I’d argue that if Dickey were AD we’d have pulled in more interest in higher tier guys. All other AD, except present company, didn’t have juice or persuasion ability with admin to bring in a big consensus. Leadership matters and think we’ve got a great long term guy now to sustain us for a long time.

Reactions: UT's#1Fan

Go VOLS!!!

I wish the administration after Kiffin had bolted. Unfortunately they stuck around.

Reactions: UT's#1Fan

Go VOLS!!!
Cool story bro but who is this KIFFAN and KIFFEN you speak of?...Might be the first time in VOLnation history someone got his name wrong not once but TWICE in the same post!

Go VOLS!!!

I hear Jeremy Pruitt was forced to eat asparagus at a meeting in NYC, he said it’s better than chitterlings, but he preferred McDonalds?

Reactions: CPVOL
Cool story bro but who is this KIFFAN and KIFFEN you speak of?...Might be the first time in VOLnation history someone got his name wrong not once but TWICE in the same post!

Bruh, he misspelled it all on purpose; you just aren't enough of an edgelord to get "it".

It is not necessarily the amount Saban first received as the length of his 1st contract. It was for $32M but over 8 years. Yearly he was about the 3rd highest paid coach in the SEC (Fulmer was probably higher when he was fired). Saban earned $3.75M in 2008 and $3.9M in 2009. Now co-ordinators make more than $1M a year. Nobody knew how TV money would explode salaries at that time. Coaches didn't move around at that time unless they were fired. Much has changed since 2008 and is changing more rapidly every day. Just look at Ok/USC or LSU/ND in the past few days. Huge salaries for conference championship coaches with no NCs. With fewer and fewer proven coaches and the current quantity of big schools looking, the snowball will roll down hill and unproven coaches will be getting some large pay increases.

Saban's salary was highest on a per year basis also. When fired, IIRC, Fulmer was making 2.4M, which was about fourth in the SEC

Our AD was an idiot to hire an unproven loser in Kiffin in the first place. Oh he was the hot name. Bull crap. How could a guy who never coached a down in college and was a titanic loser in the NFL the hot name in college coaches? Lord we have had the dumbest ADs in college football.

I mean.... he turned out to be a pretty darn good coach. Frankly, it looks to me like he is exactly who they thought he was.

So no, I don't fault the AD for hiring Kiffin. I fault them for blundering the Dooley hire. And I fault Kiffin for being a d-bag.

But the original hire could've been a homerun IMO.

Reactions: hog88

like no way it was intentional or anything

Dooley would have been much better if Wilcox stayed.
And Fulmer would have been a lot better if DAVE CLAWSON was allowed to develop! Remember Phil took a chance on the Richmond HC? Then was fired because of it? Clawson is looking pretty sporty now. Imagine if they had a chance to mesh? Perhaps Phil would've retired about 2012 and Clawson would have 9 years in by now. F'n Mike Hamilton! Single handedly buried Tennessee Football.

Yes and I misspelled Butch and totally brain farted on Jeremy Pruitt's name too. No way all of these occurrences were intentional. Yall don't satire much it seems. You've become too dependent on blue font. Do better.

what-a-maroon-bugs.gif

I think they believe that this animal is called a 'BAFOON'.

5VRpoZoyUuepUJi5kFTzmC.jpg

NOPE! Baboons are a different species. This is a mandrill, though they are monkeys that look like baboons, they aren't baboons. They're nasty bassards, which does fit the Kif.
StarHawk.jpg

I mean.... he turned out to be a pretty darn good coach. Frankly, it looks to me like he is exactly who they thought he was.

So no, I don't fault the AD for hiring Kiffin. I fault them for blundering the Dooley hire. And I fault Kiffin for being a d-bag.

But the original hire could've been a homerun IMO.

Now, it seems like a Homerun because he has learned how to navigate the media giving them fodder for rating bumps. When at UT the media was hounding the wet behind the ears brat even minuscule violations were headlines. They were gonna take him down and UT with him. When he went to USC and got Tarmaced that humbled him and gave the media what they wanted. He is like a criminal coming up from the ashes and they're there to assist now everybody loves a comeback story and it's good for ratings.

VN Store

Back